Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

With his play of late, I can't argue with that. That said, if I'm the Jets GM, he would at or near the top of that list of "good" FA QBs. At least I know that when my team had some offensive talent we reached the AFCCG twice with Sanchez at the helm.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

As well it should; he was hot trash. With regards to 2012, I don't mince words, sugar coat or try to make excuses. Sanchez took an already bad situation and exacerbated in any and every way possible.

Sanchez needed to find better ways of expressing his hatred. To be fair, I don't think Sparano was as bad as the offense made him out to appear. Keep in mind the injuries and poor play all around. Sparano's biggest mistake IMO was trying to force a style a play that did not fit the personnel. He wanted to have a vertical passing attack that took big chunks of yardage at a time. That's not Sanchez's game and we didn't have the WRs for it. Then there was also the mandatory Tebow plays he had to squeeze in.

#2202 legler82, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I don't even know why Sanchez would want to compete in NY as an afterthought only here as (pretty unreliable) insurance. what a terrible career move that would be.

thats all the Jets will be looking for in a vet this offseason, a holdover till they find a another QB should Smith slip up. the opportunity for him to be THE man is gone people.

Stop being afraid to move on from an (inexplicably) overrated piece of a working playoff puzzle because you root for a team so bereft of success you're willing to overvalue a middling, inconsistent and defeated QB and figure out scenarios for him to prove he's the teams franchise QB for the 6th time.

The team HAS to move on, no need to waste time and reps evaluating what they already know.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Or conversely if the team had played to his level in 3 out of the 4 Playoff game wins the Jets wouldn't have been to any Championship games.

He was pretty miserable in two of the wins, not horrible but miserable. adequate in one win, and played very well in the other win.

But the thing people forget, if you can't play well in the regular season then how well you play in the post season doesn't make a damned bit of difference because you won't be in the post season very often.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Other than the fact that he's not good at football I agree.

Sanchez fans are the new tebots. Someone should try to identify what causes the phenomenon of legions of delusional fans defending terrible QB's till the death.

I look forward to your Sanchez fan only forum. You seem like a good candidate to start it up.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If I'm a GM of a team with an established starter I'd bring in Sanchez to be the backup. He's just not starter material IMO.

Not just weapons we had a good overall team. You see teams with "weapons" that still suck.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Sanchez had played the last 6 years on some other team including his 4 playoff win, beating Manning, beating Brady, and you heard a rumor that he was coming here to back up Geno you would all be thrilled.

But then we do that with any FA that comes here....we only look at the good.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't think this is true. I think Idzik wants Geno to succeed but i don't believe he's tired to him completely. If there is a better option than Geno then i believe Idzik will pursue out including bringing Sanchez back.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

that is the truth.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is a generalization though. I remember the sinking feeling in my stomach when I heard the Jets had signed Neil O'Donnell to a big contract. I'm sure a lot of other people were in that boat also.

The problem with having Sanchez as the backup is twofold:

1. He isn't going to see himself as the backup and so there will always be tension from that angle.

2. You don't backup an inconsistent young player with an inconsistent vet. It just doesn't make sense to do that. So Geno gets benched because he can't get his act together and then we go to a guy who perpetually can't get his act together? That's like backing up Chad Pennington with Jay Fiedler. One goes down and the other comes in and...?

Sanchez needs to go some place where he'll have a fresh start. If he prospers so much the better for him. If he doesn't at least he'll know it's not an agenda or marketing thing that is keeping him down, it's his skills or lack thereof.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I would take the following guys over Mark: Cassel, Flynn, Garrard, Henne, Hill, Jsckson, McCoy and Wallace. Also Matt Schaub.

12. nyjunc

wow!:rofl2: seriously?:rofl2:

13. The 1985er

He'd be an option. But I doubt people here would be "thrilled". Plus folks here wouldn't have the emotional connection to Sanchez if he were coming from another team so people would be a little more objective about him.

14. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

If and when Sanchez goes elsewhere I will most likely never bring him up again. I bring him up now because I do believe he's one of the QBs available to the Jets that can help us win. He IS good at football because he's a QB in the NFL. Like i said before he's young and still learning. He was improving in every category throughout his career in every year except 2012. To say that he's hit his ceiling is just being short sighted.

15. nyjunc

you aren't good at posting but I appreciate that you keep trying too.

we have the worst fanbase in sports, folks like you deserve to see the Jets lose.

16. nyjunc

what people fail to realize is all players/coaches, etc.. have warts that fans may not see if they aren't watching every game so our whiny fans bash mark and praise a terrible QB like Kyle Orton b/c they just see #s. it's sad but we do have the worst fanbase in sports so it is expected.

17. The 1985er

IMO game manager is his ceiling and he's hardly good at that. For a guy that wasn't asked to do a lot on offense he sure as hell turned the ball over a ton. Now my question to you is this, who's the closest player in the NFL do you compare him to? And what's his ceiling?

18. The 1985er

All players have "warts"?

No one here for the most part is "praising Kyle Orton" he's just a better QB than Sanchez. I myself have watched both of them play and based in the eye test Orton plays the QB position better.

Prove that the Jets "have the worst fanbase in sports"

19. nyjunc

he's not a better QB, he's not even close but you see better #s and don't watch him as closely as mark and you judge Orton to be better.

Prove it? read these posts on this board, that is all the proof we need. Go to a game and watch the idiots not know when to get loud. It's sad but true.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm not a Sanchez fan, but I have to disagree here. You need to get your eyes checked. Orton at the end of the day is a QB with a loser mentality - and I don't want a QB like that near my team. Dude was benched for Tebow for God sakes.

Mark needs a fresh start anyway - please get him off the team so we can close the book on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.