Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The receivers were horrible, this has to be a joke. Holmes played four games, Keller played eight. He never had a real #1 receiver the entire season, the #2 receiver (Holmes) was injured after four games.

He had the least amount of talent in the entire league. Even the Jaguars had more, they at least had Blackman and MJD.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

When Cromartie is saying he is the best receiver, you know your offensive weapons are bad.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that the Sanchize fans care more about Mark than they do about winning. He had the worst QBR of any starting Qb for 4 years. And the most turnovers. And you still want him as your Qb. I give up! Where was the leadership from Mark. There was none. He just brought the team down to his level instead of up. Or don't you remember the Tennessee game in 2012.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well its a damn shame the team didn't play to his level in both championship games or else this franchise would have 2 more Super Bowl appearances on its résumé.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Good call.

Oh by the way, Terry Collins just said yesterday he is going to start Ike at first base and give him 90 at bats this spring to see what he's got.

Sorry to bring that up, probably doesn't fit with your narrative.

_

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Eric Allen sharing his thoughts on the subject at hand:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/art...r-a-No-1/99882e43-fa4f-4f54-92f9-61749a727f22

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't think they're tied to Gino. And Idzik could draft another Qb. And hopefully sign a good veteran FA Qb (not Mark, I said good). In this current NFL world you don't go for years of failure esp at Qb. If a guy doesn't cut it you cut him. And no excuses. You expect your Qb to play within the system, the coaches and his teammates. Actually the worst guy on offense is Mark. Not all those other bums you're talking about. You can survive with a 3rd rate Wr or Te and actually the guys we had were servicable. But when the Qb turns the ball over and leads the league in TOs for his entire career then you've got to get rid of him. And I think that's the reason why Idzik will cut Mark. Not because he's not his guy. Because he stinks.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They are not tied to Geno yet but Idzik will have to start producing results this if not year three. If he invest two years into Geno and it turns out he is not the answer, that pretty much will be it for Idzik. Idzik would enter the third year with immense pressure because realistically if the team doesnt succeed the next two seasons im not sure Idzik lasts. Idzik cant go into year 3 with a new QB, so if he wants to go with Geno in year two, he has to get it right.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Idzik spent a 2nd round pick on Geno and not huge money. His big mistake was not signing a legitimate vet FA Qb. When Gino played poorly and should have been benched they really had only Simms another rookie who had never played a down in the NFL. So I hope he isn't going to leave himself in the same dilemma in case Gino regresses. I personally think the guy will get better and be the starter. But they need a guy around with experience. The big question mark might be Garrard. If he is really ready to play but too much of a risk. Hasn't played in 3 years and very injury prone.

11. legler82

No way any GM would hitch their wagon to a second round draft pick QB especially not a GM that came from the Seattle culture of competition. Idzik may not want Sanchez as you but that doesn't he is all in on Geno. That would not be a smart move. Even if Idzik may not be big time personnel guy, he is a very smart man. He knows to hedge his bets.

12. legler82

Definitely not Sanchez, we need "good" veteran FAs like:

Derek Anderson
    Matt Cassel
    Jimmy Clausen
    Kellen Clemens
    Jonathan Crompton
    Pat Devlin
    Matt Flynn
    Josh Freeman
    David Garrard
    Rex Grossman
    Chad Henne
    Shaun Hill
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Jon Kitna
    Luke McCown
    Colt McCoy
    Dan Orlovsky
    Curtis Painter
    Jordan Palmer
    Brady Quinn
    Rusty Smith
    Seneca Wallace
    Charlie Whitehurst
    Tyler Wilson

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You forgot Fitzmagic.

14. legler82

Oh yeah Fitzmagic the best player on our defense.:lol:

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Sanchez belongs in that group.

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Matt Cassel ops out of his contract in minnesota, that sounds like a good landing spot for Sanchez. good weapons with arguably the best RB in the game, With no other QB but Ponder who he's a moderate upgrade from. they'll likely get a first or second round rookie aboard come the spring, but thats what camp competitions are for, if they think the rookie will need time they can insert sanchez as starter.

And hey, they face the jets so maybe he throws a few picks in our favor for once! ha ha... but no seriously he'd be an alright stop gap there and I'd wish him the best... expect for the game they play the jets, then FUCK'EM.

hm, Cassel doesn't sound bad for our purposes either, as a plan B for Smith that is. Sanchez can't really play that role here, he wants to be a starter I'm sure and the team needs to move on from trying to make him work after this long. the time for competition and last chances was LAST year, no need to do that again.

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Matt Cassel is just a Mark Sanchez wanna be

18. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

This is crazy. You're all crazy. If he's willing to resign at a reasonable contract there's not ONE football reason NOT to bring Mark Sanchez back here.

I don't think Idzik is connected to Geno, Or Mark for that matter. It's not about already having their shot. It's not about whether or not the player is liked by the fanbase or will get boo'ed.

It's about winning and the VLT. Idzik is about competition, I wouldn't even be surprised if we go into next TC with 4QBs on the roster ( Simms, Geno, Mark, ? ) and don't name a starter until week 3 of the preseason.

If he's still terrible, we cut him. If he's decent, He's good enough to hold the clipboard for Geno or be traded. If he lights it up we have solved the QB issue ( and now have him for cheap, for a few years ), along with a good QB prospect in Geno to learn and grow and maybe get the job when he's ready.

I don't see what the downside is here, Because it doesn't exist.

Mark is not a distraction, has never been. So don't give me, "It won't be good for the locker room" BS, They're grown men. Mark has shown through 5 years that he can deal with the distractions and scrutiny that comes with the position of being a QB here in this day and age. There's absolutely nothing to say that he would become a problem if he didn't win the job outright and would do whatever he could to help the team win on a weekly basis.

There are a handful of games / plays that are over sensationalized on this board and in the NFL in general.

Truth is Mark's play in 2012 wasn't stellar, I'll give you that. He was dealing with Tebow and a rag tag WR corp and he definitely made his fair share of mistakes.

But if you look back over the 3 years prior Mark was making steady ( but slow ) progress in the right direction. In each of his first 3 seasons he increased his yards, accuracy, touchdowns, and yards per game.

The rug fell out on the team and the talent level dropped in 2012 causing everyone to take a dip in performance. Sanchez wasn't ready to take a big enough step in his 4th year to compensate for that and the team suffered.

There's absolutely no reason to assume that with a competent OC in a system he's familiar with and improved talent around him he wouldn't improve on his stats from last year IMMENSELY and hopefully continue on his maturation process. He played fewer games in college then most QBs that come out so I think the whole "Kill it by year 3 thing or you never will" might be a little to small a time frame for him. Many QBs have hit their prime after 4-5 years in the league.

Regardless of all that. There aren't many better options out there, and they're certainly not going to come in here cheap. The good one's aren't going to come here knowing they have to compete for their job when they can get handed the spot elsewhere.

If Mark restructures to a reasonable contract ( which isn't his fault they gave it to him in the first place ), It'd be crazy to NOT have him in camp competing for the spot next season.

Give me one good reason other then "he's had his chance" or "He's muck'chez and will always be" or "No more picks to D-lineman! OMG"

#2198 Ajitator, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  19. legler82

:lol:I found this sentence hilarious for some reason. A bit of an understatement don't you think?

20. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Hahaha,, indeed... When looking at the stats to confirm his progression 2012 caught me like a punch in the groin.

The whole team was terrible. I think thy all hated tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.