revis's end of season mock draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Dom, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I understand your point about a project, I don't look at it that way.

I never would draft Baptiste to start at Safety, he's a CB, but he has the skills to be a fall back option in a case of need. Where a lot of true CBs could never play Safety.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'd take him in mid to late Rd 3, based on his smarts and always making plays. He's limited a bit athletically, compared to others, and probably will be a 4th Rd pick.

FWIW, Idzik follows the ACC very closely, his Son Brad goes to Wake. (Tommy Bo pick was no fluke last year)

Don't be surprised if we draft a few ACC players, that's why I've been saying Campanaro could be a Jet.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

4. NCJetsfan

Do you think Baptiste will go in the 2nd round? Also, who are the other CBs that you see as having good ball skills? Which FSs & SSs do you like best in that regard?

Where do you see Campanaro being drafted, or do you see him as a UDFA?

At the moment, there's not a lot of ACC players that I'm that high on. Watkins, Cockrell, Clowney and a few others. I think the ACC is moving in the right direction, but for now I'd rather Idzik focus on the SE Conference. LOL

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think the league is going to bigger CBs, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Baptiste go in rd 2.

Justin Gilbert is a playmaker and has good ball skills, being a returner helps. Any secondary player that has success returning kicks, I believes it translates to when he plays defense.

I'm not high on many Safeties in this class, Dion Bailey has some good ball skills.

A player to watch next year...Derron Smith , Fresno State. Smith is a great ball hawk, always around the play.

All it takes is one team to like Campanaro, so I would say 5th Round, 6th at worst.

The ACC has some solid players, let's not forget Ebron and Florida State's defense. I think the ACC has improved their play and quality of players in the past few years. What Duke accomplished this past year was incredible, just goes to show what a great head coach can do to turn around a program.

6. NCJetsfan

Thanks. I'll be on the watch for Derron Smith, and will check out Gilbert. So you don't think Pryar, Bucannon or the kid from Baylor have good ball skills? How about Ladler from Vanderbilt or the kid from FSU that was a CB?

Yes, I forgot to mention Ebron, and now FSU has some very good if not great players. The ACC HAS come a long way, I think it's not quite on par with the SEC yet, and until it is, I'd rather the Jets draft more players from the SEC overall, but try to find the gems in the ACC and other conferences as well.

Bailey's a player I like. I think Hakeem Smith also has some ball skills, maybe not great, but perhaps above average.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Deone Bucannon has some ball skills, he isn't somone talked about too much, but might emerge as one of the better Pros in this draft.

I don't think the Louisville duo have exceptional ball skills, they're good. One is a massive hitter and the other is just an all around good player in coverage and run support. Ladler is a good player, but don't expect him to be a standout. The Jets already have Allen and Jarrett who are probably better players than most in this draft.

This isn't a great year to find that elite Safety to fill a need.

8. NCJetsfan

I wasn't thinking "elite," but rather someone at least solid/competent if not above average in coverage with some hopes of their creating/generating some TOs. The Jets haven't had that in quite a while imo.

9. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

sign ward or byrd in free agency if the price is right