Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Nah Sanchez sucks. Geno sucked in '13 if you take away the rookie curve. But he has upside. I'd rather stick with Geno and develop him. I'd rather bring in a Vick, Jason Campbell etc to backup Geno or start if Geno gets hurt or sucks.

I really get the feeling that you Sanchez disciples don't care about anything else just as long as Sanchez starts.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't think anybody is saying that Sanchez is definitely going to turn it around because Alex Smith did. They are just saying that it's possible and the door shouldn't be completely slammed shut on him. A year on the sidelines could help him tremendously, as could a fresh start in a new system. The problem is that so many folks think Sanchez is done and will never be good when other QBs have made that turn around.

#2062 Barcs, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It's mostly Sanchez haters that seem to have this thought in the back of their minds or fear that he would be our starter if brought back. I and many of the other posters who support bringing him back on the cheap just want him back solely to compete. Whether he starts or ultimately gets cuts is irrelevant.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

How can you be a Jet fan and find anything redeemable about Sanchez. He is terrible QB, and he will be remembered only on NFL blooper reels.

5. The 1985er

He already had his chance to compete and he couldn't separate himself from Geno.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. The 1985er

It's true it's damn true

-Kurt Angle

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

The problem I have with Sanchez is his decision making and ability to read the field and defenses, these things have not improved at all over his 4 seasons. He's indecisive, slow to react, often misreads the defense and is often off target and or late with his throws. You can blame a system for not getting recievers open or calling bad routes, but you can not blame the system for bad reads, poor decisions, hesitations and off target throws.

It is not how well a Quarterback plays when the pocket is clean that separates the good QB's from the also rans but rather how they react and play when under duress and the cold hard facts is when under pressure mark has been one of the worst performers when the pocket isn't clean. Hell give me a clean pocket and I can complete 50% of my passes, and I have no arm at all ;)

(edit: at this point in my life my life (52 and having had 2 strokes) my arm strength is slightly better than Garro Yapremium (sp?) ;) )

#2068 1968jetsfan, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  9. 1968jetsfan

The reverse argument could be made that it is only the Sanchez "fanboi's" that want Sanchez back. Just saying.

The Jets will cut Sanchez at some point, he's just too expensive. They won't renegotiate his contract because that would require adding more years. They may resign him if the price is right after cutting him, and if they do I have no problem with that, if the price is right. But for what he is at this point in his career he's just far too expensive and the risk of extending him for "more friendly" cap numbers this year just isn't worth the risk.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he badly outplayed Geno, stop w/ that nonsense.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is actually an accurate statement. Sanchez played badly and he also outplayed Geno in camp. Of course Geno had the whole twisted ankle thing going on while that was happening.

12. 1968jetsfan

One thing about Sanchez that I've heard used repeatedly is that in 2009 he was a top 2 QB in the draft. This is actually a true statement, he was #2 in the draft...but that's not saying much considering the rest of the draft class at QB was:
    Stafford #1
    Josh Freemen #3
    Pat White #4
    Stephen McGee #5
    Rhett Bomar #6
    Nate Davis #7
    Tom Brandstater #8
    Mike Teel #9

In other words, it was one of the worst QB draft years possibly of all time with only Stafford being a true 1st round quality QB (though arguably not a top 5 talent in the draft) and every other QB in just about any other draft being a 2nd or 3rd round prospect at best. Sanchez was #2 despite having only 1 season as a starter and coming out before his coach said he was ready (perhaps mark and his agent recognizing how bad the QB draft class was that year). 2009 was clearly a year of teams over reaching for QB's.

13. 1968jetsfan

Very accurate choice of words, he badly outplayed Geno...very badly. as in not good. Prior to Geno injuring his ankle (also on an unwise coaching decision) the two were neck and neck with Geno holding a slight edge.

14. nyjunc

I sometimes wonder if people on this board actually watch football, you would think w/ all the bad years we have had they would know what playing badly looks like but they don't.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yea, its not like he threw a pick to a DE on his first possession ...

Oh wait, he did, nevermind.

16. nyjunc

he had to play flawless in preseason learning a new system w/o his top guys not playing? terrible 1st play but was damn good after that.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez fans seem to have this alternate vision of what actually happened. What we know for a fact is that the Jets were alternating the QB's to start in preseason games and Sanchez was put into the game with the 3rd stringers when he got injured.

If the Jets believed what Sanchez fans believe there would have been no reason to still be alternating QB's at that point and their certainly would have been no reason to put in the guy who had supposedly clearly separated himself at that point.

They can make wild speculations and tell people they don't understand football if they don't agree with the wild speculation, but facts and logic tell a different story.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And let the clock run out in the red zone at the end of the half.

I don't really know what Junc's fascination with Sanchez is. We've all seen enough of him at this point to know that whatever else is true Mark Sanchez is not a good NFL QB, however that fact eludes Junc.

Nyjunc is to good posters as Mark Sanchez is to good NFL QB's. I think we kind of just have to deal with that.

19. nyjunc

so running out the back of the EZ untouched and throwing INT after INT was better?

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Mark has proven he can't be trusted running a full passing offense. But when he was a game manager in a ground and pound he could be successful. Another thing is that Mark can use his legs and gain first downs. He is not inept as a runner. So can he run a Seahawks type of offense centered around a running game. Maybe. I don't think that Pete Carroll wants Mark on his team. But he is worth giving a shot for a team that thinks like this offensively. And with a good OL because we all know if there's a big rush on him he can't handle it. Last year there were rumors he was going to be cut around June and the Jets would take the big cap hit. Now we're hearing that he'll be gone in March. While I don't want Mike Vick I don't want Sanchez either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.