Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sanchez might have won some that Geno didn't...and he might have lost some that Geno didn't.

Fact is that Geno's play in his 1st year wasn't that much different than Mark's last year.

We ain't going anywhere without competent qb play and some receivers who can get separation.

At this point, I don't care if Justin Bieber is under center.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2009:I think we would have beaten TB w/ Mark but the wins were enough to qualify for the playoffs where he helped us win 2 more games

2010: 11 wins w/ him as starter,our backups beat Buf w/ Brunell playing most of the game. Many of these wins on the arm of mark plus 2 more postseason wins.

2011: 8, team collapsed. missed playoffs by a game.

only bad year, only year out of contention was 2012 where he had the worst skill talent in the league and a shaky OL.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And you missed the point, but handily managed to bolster my point.

Thanks.

4. feldspar

feldspar Member

It's OK if you are kid. I'll just assume that you are since you won't say how long you've been following the game. As such, don't pretend to know the history of the postseason if you didn't see it...ranking Sanchez near the top of the all-time post-season greats shows you haven't been following for very long, at any rate.

Disagreement does not equal disrespect, either. Adults know that, so act like one...then I'll treat you like one. If I'm gonna disrespect you, you'll know it, believe me.

You are right about one thing, though...this thread is a joke, but an entertaining one if taken in doses. Most Sanchez supporters are blinded by team success and flashes of ability. That strings them along. It's called homerism in the 3rd degree.

Claiming hatred of Sanchez is ridiculous though. One needs not hate him on their very own team to believe that he's not all that good. And basically everyone roots for him every time he suits up...no choice.

#1524 feldspar, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I know some here who are done with Sanchez are more or less happy with Smith, or at least inclined to think good things in the future with Smith is more likely than not.

I am not one of those fans. I think Smith may well work out, but am inclined to think that is less, not more, than likely.

Even that being the case I still don't know why Sanchez Fans think there is much to be gained by comparing Sanchez to Smith. Yes I get the simplistic argument that as between the two one can argue that Sanchez might be better. That would probably be true if Smith does not improve, even with Sanchez coming off an injury.

But to me it really is one of those choices between the devil and the deep blue sea, a rock and a hard place, all those other Hobson's choices including my favorite, being between Scylla and Charybdis.

[​IMG]
    What the Jets may prove to need is a Qb better than what Smith will produce going forward. Be that as it may, this does not mean the Jets should keep Sanchez. They need better, and hopefully will get it.

6. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

The QB rating is very important in gauging how good a QB is. Of course, you also have to consider how many pass attempts he's made when you look at the QB rating- nobody would say that a running back who threw one TD pass is therefore a good QB. But if he had 160 attempts in a season (~10 per game), with 120 completions, 1,400 yards, and 28 TDs- then that would be a different story, and you'd say "he needs to be the full-time starting QB!"

RBs who make pass attempts are different than QBs. With RBs, you carefully rehearse just that ONE play (conceivably two) and then keep that in your pocket, waiting for the right game conditions and situation to use it, and hope to catch the other team off guard and to exploit a mistake that they make. If it works- it means you caught them making a mistake by doing something bizarre. It doesn't mean you can extrapolate that and keep doing it with the same results.

But when you have a lot of data to consider, then yes, the QB rating does become highly predictive of how good a QB is.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That it was widely acknowledged that Rex playing Sanchez in that meaningless game was a colossal blunder, mistake, screw up, boneheaded, etc. And it was a mistake for one reason only.

You're welcome.

_

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Great post, couldn't agree more.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't need the NY Post to tell me that was a dumb move by Rex...but I guess you do.

Get back to me with some evidence that Sanchez was named the starter by someone on the Jets staff, not some blogger on Bleacher Reports staff.

Sanchez starting the season would have answered a lot of questions, but it wouldn't have made you any smarter. Sorry.

10. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

If you don't think calling someone "son" is a sign of disrespect then you're just an asshole and I don't care about your opinion anyway.

I never once said to hand Sanchez the starting spot. Just that if he would come back at a reasonable price I would welcome him back to compete.

To you anyone that doesn't hate Sanchez is a "lover" or a "supporter"..

I'm a fucking JETS fan. Not a hater or supporter of anything. If you all don't see bringing Sanchez back as a smart football move then we can agree to disagree. There's absolutely no reason for you to bash people and bring them down for having a different opinion then you. Who's the "adult" here?

11. feldspar

feldspar Member

You need to toughen up a little, boy.

12. Ajitator

Yea,.. you're a real tough guy Mr Internet Adult.

Way to not have any kind of a response except another insult.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

What!!! You're now saying the Jets deserve to lose?.....

#1533 joe, Jan 23, 2014
  14. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the best option on the market to come in and battle with Smith. Put weapons around whoever is playing QB and see what happens. Sanchez in 2012 you can't even look at. He didn't regress - the organization regressed from GM down. Bad coaching choice, bad personnel choices, bad scheme, poor weapons, injuries.

Sanchez in 2012 did enough positive with 32 TD to believe with a consistent offense game plan and proper weapons he can learn to cut down on the turnovers. 9 of his turnovers in 2011 were fumbles when he was crushed by a guy running around Wayne Hunter. 32TD and 17INTs -- i think most people would be happy with that.

15. feldspar

feldspar Member

You are begging for it at this point. Go out there an experience the world, sugar pie. Sometimes people use the word "son" as a colorful expression. Tougher than some is what I am.

But how old are you, really though? Why won't you answer? You should at least provide that information if you are going to tell people about the history of QB play in the playoffs...yet you refuse. Wonder why, pumpkin. LOL, I'm just fucking with you now. Guys only grow up so far, as you may eventually find out, dumpling.

#1535 feldspar, Jan 23, 2014
  16. nyjunc

[​IMG]

17. Ajitator

Because I'm not here to talk about how old I am. I am here to talk Jets stuff, With other knowledgable and intelligent Jets/Football fans.

Neither of those groups include you. Welcome to the ignore list, You're first!

18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

he was either starter for sure in 2014 or gone. why keep a vet for more money than a sophomore player with more upside he's apparently not demonstratively better than? (which he evidently isn't considering theres enough questions about it to warrant a competition)

They have the footage of him in this offense, they don't have to give another chance they can judge him NOW. he's mediocre at best, we're cutting him and we will not resign him.

hell its better for Mark anyway, he can't progress his career by spinning its wheels competing with a player he couldn't crush as a rookie.

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ignoring what was looking you smack in the face and then either not reading the memos in the papers or listening to the memos read on the radio or just plain ignoring them hasn't made you any smarter.

Cause and effect, as it were.

It was only a dumb move for one reason and one reason only.

I'm sure you'll figure it out.

_

20. nyjunc

he did "crush" that player, the competition was a sham. By all accounts Mark destroyed Geno in the sham competition. It was clearly watching geno he wasn't ready to play in this league for most of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.