Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Because it's a red herring. You may THINK you're the norm, but you're not. And I never accused you specifically of saying something personal about the guy.

There are plenty of folks here who hate Sanchez the player AND the person. And more than one has called him a cancer, gay, dogshit and the like.

I'm not here to stir up trouble--not in this thread--I just find it pathetic the abject hate dumped on a current Jet when that's never been my style.

If folks want to continuously shit on a current jet, this is the internet and they have the right to do so.

Just not my bag and I'll point out how pathetic it is whenever I feel like it.

If YOU think that's a high horse and you don't like my stance, then I'm sorry. But not really.

_

2. JStokes

I think you're wrong, but of course you are entitled to your opinion.

There used to be a 10,000 page thread about Sanchez and it was chock full of hate from the deepest fiber of many posters beings.

That's what this one will become if it is allowed to continue.

_

3. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I know it doesn't fit with how you've arranged things in your head... but people don't hate the person Mark (other than a very few like LTJF), they hate seeing that specific quarterback play for their team at the most important position in all of team sports. As has been explained to you earlier.

At the same time I find it hilarious that you, while strongly posing on your white steed, also have found a way to hate the most beloved team-mate/person of them all, Tim Tebow.

4. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Like 60% of those posts were from Hobbes/Junk... so yeah.

5. JStokes

I will admit it is a personal failing of mine and something I am not proud of. Guilty as charged. But I'm also not going to be a fraud and not admit it.

_

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Why can't Jet fans move on from this guy? =(

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Why are you still arguing about it?
    Sanchez is done, Jets action tell you that much. That's the reality. Hate it or love it.

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I think depending on what team Mark goes to he will be fine... compete for a job but most likely play 2nd string. He wouldnt be a bad 2nd string at all for some teams. Too bad we ruiend the kids rep/confidence

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, and made him wear the hair clips and do the annual ass show all over internet.

10. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

he won 4 games in the playoffs.

thats it, thats the biggest reason, even if he's mostly struggled since then theres a desire to NOT cut the man who won playoff games, because what if the next guy can't?

winning in january is a special feature that QB's like dalton don't have, giving up on a man who was able to do so makes no sense no matter how mediocre they are, because theres a risk that the next guy can't. so we'll cut a playoff caliber QB for what? the unknown?

in short, they're afraid of the unknown and would rather try giving something that worked right a while back a shot even though it seems lackluster at best. and they're stuck on a perception that the winning QB from then is in there somewhere, and that things need to align better to make it work.

so rationalize a setup where he's brought back because we don't want to lose a winner... even though all evidence points to that winner being more of a loser of late.

11. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

the queeryness didnt come til after he was already good as gone though lol... i hated that damn hair band and the thick mustache.. looked like a math teaching pedofile lmaooo

12. 101GangGreen101

"He" didn't win anything, the Jets won 4 playoff games. It's not like Mark said, "Hey guys jump on my back, I got this!" We won as a team, a collective unit.

13. 101GangGreen101

I do get what you are saying, it is a trait to be a winner in today's league - Mark isn't that type of player though anymore, he isn't fearless like he was in 2010 - he is far from that

14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

ah, but he didn't screw up then either! that means something!... kind of... maybe?

he won in the playoffs! he's special, we just need venus and jupiter line up right to prove it!

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The reason we all saw Sanchez as a major factor in the runs was that he'd set fairly low expectations going into both runs. Then he had a couple of good games and didn't have a few terrible ones and suddenly he was a big reason the Jets were winning in many people's eyes, including my own at the time.

Nobody wants the young QB the franchise has just traded up for to fail because what you get out of that is what we've gotten in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Everybody is going to bend over backwards to perceive the guy as a strength as long as he's not a killer weakness.

For the most part what Sanchez did in the playoffs in 2009 and 2010 was not be a killer weakness and for that we gave him big kudos because his performance in significant parts of both seasons had suggested he might be a killer weakness.

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

His playoff numbers prove he did more than just show up - 9 TD, 4 INT, 93 rating....4-2 record. Team sport yes, but Peyton Manning is 10-11 in the playoffs. Fair or not playoff record and career record is linked to the QB. Super Bowl winning QBs -- that is always talked about.
    Was Sanchez perfect in all the games no, but he did what he had to do. He has more playoff experience and wins than any QB available this off season. If you add up all the playoff experience of all the QBs available I still think Sanchez has better numbers.
    He progressed from 2009-2011...he put more points on the board each season...32TDs in 2011 is not something you can just blow off. 2012 was a shit show from top to bottom with coaching decision, personnel decisions, injuries, game planning, etc...just awful.
    If you need to bring in a QB to battle Geno Smith who the organization will not commit to in any way shape or form in 2014, I see nothing wrong with giving Sanchez a shot. Bring in some weapons and see who can win the battle in camp. If Sanchez shows he can do the job great...if Smith shows he has improved and is the better option great - you end up with two starter caliber QBs on the roster and have trade bait available.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

With Sanchez returning to the Jets in 2014, what would it take for him to be clearly worthy of being a starting QB or for him to be clearly a bust?

If he's given:

1- Marty Morninwig as his OC, running the same offense he learned last year.

2- Was given a beefed up O-line that did at least ok in pass blocking and opening holes for the run game

3- Was given a true running tandem that could get the tough yards and at least keep the defenses honest and make good headway on 1st and 2nd down to prevent those pesky 3rd and 10s all afternoon.

4- Was given a true blocking TE that could provide lift to the pass blocking or run blocking on any given play

5- Was given a true 6'-6" 270lb pass catching TE that controls the middle of the field and can get out on 20-30 yard seem routs.

6- Was given 3 WRs. A slot receiver (like Kerely). A deep threat with soft hands that can blow the top off a defense. And a tall sure handed rout runner that owns the sidelines and the endzone.

7- A defense that routinely get him the ball back in good field position and tends to keep the other team from scoring much.

If Idzik succeeded in building all this, eliminating ALL excuses of bad coaching and even worse talent, how would either Sanchez or Geno have to do next season to be proclaimed a bust or a savior with it being all on them, no excuses?

18. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The defense isn't really needed on this list. The offense under Marty running his full playbook should be able to move the ball, get some explosive plays, and put points on the board. It should be a 17 point or but type team. That being said if the offense brings in improved skill players and cleans up the line a bit the QB can't be the weak point. The team should challenge for a playoff spot. So if they stick with Geno because he was a 2nd round pick and they feel he has a future a bad 2014 will turn the fan base against him 100%. It would be a make or break year for whoever starts.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think in general all fans wanted him to be the QB we needed even though he wasn't there yet. I think the Jets made that same mistake after 2010. They got caught up in the team success and thought Sanchez could make a leap if they took some talent away from him and added Moore. The leap was kind of made. Sanchez scored a lot of TDs, he also committed a lot of turnovers. He was still inconsistent and unreliable. Then 2012 rolled around and Sanchez just piled onto the other issues with the team. The 2009 and 2010 playoffs were awesome by him. But we also have to remember it was a 6 game sample size. And we have to acknowledge, he didn't play good (unless we use the fact the Jets won) in the 2nd IND game and etc. It's silly to keep him just because of 4 playoff wins now 3 playoffs ago.

The toughest part for the Jets and fans is wondering if 2012 and 2011 undid him too much or we can get 2010/2011 Sanchez. The Sanchez of 2012, which is our last know sighting of him, looks nothing like the Sanchez of 2010 and that's not because of talent around him. It's because he became a different player. If you (not you specifically, general) want to argue it's because of lack of talent he changed, go for it. I would partially agree with that.

I also don't think the Jets are looking to bring Sanchez back. They definitely want a veteran QB, but I think they'd rather a veteran QB they are more comfortable with. Sanchez is coming off an injury and before that his worst year in his career. I think the unknown of what he will be, will be off putting to the Jets.

Maybe they do keep Sanchez, if MM believes in him, I'll trust MM who's been with him all year. But obviously it has to be on a much cheaper contract which it sounds like Sanchez will do. It comes down to MM and who he would be more comfortable with in the end.

I personally don't think this is the best fit for Sanchez right now, but hey maybe I'll be proven wrong and he can add onto the legendary playoff win total he has in a Jets uniform.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

For me, given a good coach and a really good offense, Sanchez would have to get us back to the AFCCG to be a savior. Miss the playoff? Bust. Goodby.

Geno? Make the playoffs and play well with no bone headed mistakes that cost us a big game and he's well on his way to savior status. Miss the playoff again and it's looking like bust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.