Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Nice rebuttal.

Well, not really. It wasn't a rebuttal at all.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Obviously absurd. A big dick filled with dicks isn't possible.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have said over and over and over again that he was awful in 2012, do you actually read my posts? 2012 has nothing to do w/ 2009-2011.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

My incredulity stemmed from the premise of his argument. For the record, I do not think Sanchez will be back and I do not think he should be back.

Okay, got that established? Won't be back, shouldn't be back.

What that post said, in essence is that--hypothetically-- if the most overpaid and worst QB in the history of the NFL by some incredible screw up by the FO or by a miracle should come back to the Jets and by some even more incredible screw up by the coaching staff or an even more unimaginable miracle he should somehow beat out Geno--meaning Geno was actually WORSE than the worst QB in the history of the NFL-- that we instead should try to develop a WORSE QB than the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

That's what he said. Mind numbing.

_

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Sanchez's ceiling is that of a mediocre Qb.

So, yea, I'm afraid he'll win the starting job because of experience in the NFL as well as his kinship with Rex, not his skill.

Why would I want a starting Qb who's nothing more than mediocre when there's already more potential in Geno and the Draft? The goal is to find a Qb (maybe Geno) who can be better than mediocre -- not ride with mediocre one in Sanchez.

It ain't my problem that some of you folks settle for mediocrity and accept, based on the history of the Franchise. Talk about a lack of objectivity.

6. JStokes

Dammit. In my haste to post a snappy response, I screwed up the punchline.

Having said that, a big dick filled with big horse dicks would be an outrageously large volume of dicks.

_

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I appreciate you incorporating some reasonable points in addition to your hate rhetoric. I see growth:up: Vick is a realistic option. My only concerns with Vick are his age and health. Though I personally don't view him as any better an option than Sanchez. While Vick is more dynamic, I consider Sanchez the better fit for the WCO. I would want a vet with substantial starting experience; Vick definitely meets that criteria.

Like you said Geno has a lot to clean-up fundamentally. If he does as well as continues to progress, then we may have something. If his footwork and mechanics don't improve; however, I don't know if he is good enough to warrant altering the entire offense to account for his deficiencies.

8. legler82

It's kind of sad that you are forced to keep repeating your position just because hate is blinding people from being able to read and retain information.

9. legler82

You left nothing to rebute as "we [already] know" everything.

10. legler82

What the heck are you, excuse me, "we" talking about?

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

This is pretty much how I feel. You explained it a bit better, and there are some differences in some of views; but, for the most part, this is accurate.

12. JStokes

The haters are more irrational than the nyjuncs or Hobbes on this board.

Having said that, the inability of some folks here to comprehend the written word or to engage in logical discourse makes me weep for the children.

_

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Isn't that much different than the condescending if you hate Sanchez you're a big meanie posts.
    You're complaining about hyperbole and exaggerations on a message board? Through all that there are valid points on both sides.

14. JStokes

Of course there are valid points on both sides. I've never denied that. It's the folks at the end of the spectrums that state their opinion as fact and then claim the moral/educated high ground that I'm quarrelling with.

If you're going to have an adult discussion and make valid points, throwing out phrases like sucking a big bag of horse dicks then demanding that said opinion is rational and educated sounds a bit foolish, no?

_

15. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

yup, thats a lot of sense. Smith may not improve marginally enough to suggest he's their guy for good and the jets can;t just rely on simms to be a backup, so yes another option is needed.

with that said from an organizational standpoint it makes no sense to try sanchez again, not even in a much lower contract free of the 40 million he's owed.

you bring up an interesting point, one I don't think most of us had been thinking which just makes this more stupid- they've already seen the two compete against each other. they don't need to see more of him in MM's offense, they have plenty of that on film already. they know how good he would be under that offense and don't need extra time to see what he can do in it.

With a second or even third year player its not unreasonable to take an adjustment period into account, but a 6th year player? a hard judgement can be made, NOW. and something tells me its not going to be an overly positive one, which for a player this far into their career means moving on.

the problem here is that some of us overvalue sanchez's performances and won't admit that he's regressed or isn't that great to begin with. he won vs NE in the playoffs! thats not easy! true, but he's played nowhere near that level since sometime in 2011. we're no longer financially tied to the mediocre man with little to no upside, theres no reason to county with him bless he IS the starter next year, which I'm guessing they won't make him out to be cause they've seen so so results not worth following up on in camp.

16. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Junc and Hobbes are in support of Sanchez primarily because they think Sanchez was great in the playoffs, and maybe they think he was decent enough in the regular season to be a player with potential. They saw growth where most other people saw none. They saw a successful QB because his team went to the AFC Championship Game 2 years in a row and fault the team's downfall to a diminishing roster.

While I wholeheartedly disagree with Junc and Hobbes, they're entitled to their opinion with that.

We haters think the exact opposite of Junc and Hobbes in that we feel that the team was good enough to essentially carry Sanchez to the playoffs (and most of us acknowledge that he played well once there). Once the team started getting worse, Sanchez became more and more exposed. As Sanchez had to be relied upon more, he wilted under the pressure. If we had kept the talent level around Sanchez up, there's no doubt that we could have kept making the playoffs, but I don't think that's a testament to Sanchez but a testament to the team we had at that time.

My personal opinion from watching every Jets game since Sanchez has been on the team is that Sanchez is not a quality starting NFL QB, and with that, I would rather go into next season with a glimmer of hope that Geno can be a starting caliber QB rather than going down the same street we've been down for 4 seasons. Can Sanchez perform better than Geno? Of course that's a possibility. But no one's scared of that. We want to grow, and I just don't think that sticking with Sanchez enables us to do that. Junc and Hobbes disagree and think we'd be casting off a talented QB too early in his career. We respectfully disagree.

Most "Geno supporters", for lack of a better term, don't necessarily believe that Geno is the long-term solution, but we feel that he showed enough to warrant another shot, much in the same way that Sanchez got 4. At this point in time, I don't care that Geno was a 2nd rounder. He could have been the 1st overall pick or undrafted and I would say that he performed well enough to start next season. If he folds, then so be it. If they draft a QB that they think has more potential than Geno, then fine. I don't have a real problem with that, but I'd rather try to fill other holes this season and give Geno one more shot.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's the internet and you're on a football message board. If you're so bothered by some colorful descriptions then I don't know what to tell you.

Making a rational, educated point is not mutually exclusive from using a bag of horse dicks to describe a level of incompetence.

Your high horse is ugly. Step off.

18. JStokes

I'm having a discussion with another poster about the absurdity of some folks here on TGG, about civility or rather the lack thereof. I'm not denying anyone the right to dump shit on any player--past or present--that they want to. That's just not my bag. Sorry if my stance offends you.

I've never hated any Jet--other than Tebow--in my life. I get that some of you take great pleasure or pride in doing so.

Have fun with that. Doesn't mean I can't think it's pathetic. Again, sorry if my stance offends you, but that's just the way I am. If that's a high horse, then tally ho.

_

19. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

You know the term "hater" doesn't necessarily mean we hate Sanchez, right? We hate him for the team, but I have no ill feelings towards Sanchez at all. I just don't want him on the Jets.

20. JStokes

Ah yes, that old red herring. I've heard from dozens of posters here that call him Suckchez, buttfumble, dogshit, headband, gay, cancer, loser, POS, etc.-- that they don't hate the PERSON they hate the PLAYER. "Oh, we don't know the guy, he seems like a perfectly fine fellow. But he sucks a big bag of horse dicks."

You realize how shallow that sounds. And if you don't think some folks here don't actually HATE the person, you're not that perceptive.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.