Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Having a hard time finding that dogshit stat. It must be one of those obsure metrics that only PFF subscribers are privy to.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

This... exactly this. do I have high hopes for Geno? Nope. not really. he seems like another turn over machine who is average at best. He is like a slightly more mobile sanchez.

But we have seen sanchez. we have a huge sample for him of 4+ years. we know sanchez sucks. With Geno, give him another season, or at least another 6 or 8 games. maybe he will shock us.

spot on again. Geno was much better at home then on the road. like significantly better. thats not uncommon for a rookie, and gives a shred of hope he might get better having experienced that. id put the odds super low, like 50-1 he turns into anything, but give him the shot.

whats the point of starting sanchez? we know he is awful and we are going no where with him and he has zero upside. the difference between mark and geno are this:

Geno looks awful, and is a huge longshot to be decent

the returns are in on mark, he is awful.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Did you not read my above post?

Any of my posts?

I've not once said he should be back next year.

I just don't know how folks here are so certain they know the future. It's comical.

_

4. legler82

Just so I'm not ignorantly and errorneously lumped in with yet another group I'm not a part of, I don't think Sanchez "should" be back. I just think that based on what I saw from Geno, Idzik's mantra of competition, current landscape of available FA QBs, draft position and IMO the compatibility of the WCO and Sanchez's skill set, that it would make sense to bring him back on a low base incentive laden deal. It's an emotionless position coming from a strictly football perspective. When someone offers up a rational counter argument, I acknowledge it. However, I can't give credence to the he sucks, butt-fumble, Geno's the future, move on, divided locker room crap.

5. jerseyjay14

Wins are a team stat. not an individual stat. thats why mark doesnt get credit for them. that and the fact that he did next to nothing in those 4 playoff wins.

The fact that people want to hang on to a 4 game sample size of playoff games and discount a 60 game sample size of regular season games is insane. it is great that sanchez keeps his cool under pressure. but you have to get to those games first. and you arent getting their with sanchez unless you have an elite run game, offensive line, defense, and special teams.

sanchez is terrible. he is the worst starting QB in NFL history to start 4 seasons

6. jerseyjay14

his rookie season was statistically one of the worst in franchise history, and one of the worst in nfl history for a rookie.

7. jerseyjay14

how does sanchez provide competition. im all for bringing in an established veteran who was at least mediocure at some point in his career to push geno.

8. JStokes

Geno?

_

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Did you read my question? I said were you "playing along" when you were on the side of those who wanted him back? The same thing you did on the other page is the same thing I've seen you do?

Because how it's coming off to me is that you're sarcastically agreeing with varying levels of pro Sanchez remarks and sarcastically disagreeing with pro Geno remarks. Then trying to pass it off as if you're being objective. I'm seeing through what you're trying to do.

#1089 The 1985er, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Do you not understand WHY someone would be confused. You don't think Sanchez "should" be back. Only to go on to tell us why you think he "should" be back.

My stance on Sanchez is known. I don't want him back primarily because he sucks. But he would also be a distraction and could undermine Geno. There are gonna be a few QB's in free agency that are as "good" as Sanchez or slightly better that won't be a distraction and is willing to take a backup role if Geno progresses.

11. legler82

When you take a way all the "Sanchez sucks", "at least there's hope with Geno", "divided locker room" rhetoric that Sanchez hater thoughtlessly spew out, you are left with what I've highlighted with in bold. Deep in the subconscious of a Sanchez hater is the belief that Sanchez would actual win the starting job if he is brought back. The argument is for him to be brought back to compete but every once in a while we witness this Floydian slip.

Rational Jets Fan: Hey you think we should bring Sanchez back as veteran competition at a much reduced price along with a FA and/or draft pick?

Sanchez Hater: Hell no!!! I can't take another year of him starting; he sucks!

Rational Jets Fan: Who said he was starting?

Sanchez Hater: Oh wait; he sucks.

Rational Jets Fan: What?

Sanchez Hater: He sucks?

Rational Jets Fan: You said that already.

Sanchez Hater: I'm sorry; what was your original question?

12. legler82

Your confusion has more to do with you reading comprehension, or lack there of, than it has to do with my post. Something can make sense without believing it should be done. I think we "should" have veteran competition for Geno next year. Bringing back Sanchez is a viable option IMO but NOT the only option.

13. JStokes

I've never once agreed with anything anyone has said about bringing him back. Never. The only "part" I'm playing is poking fun at those who know to a certitude what the furture will bring--one way or the other.

And I've never said I was objective--at least I understand that and am willing to admit it. I get that none of us are.

Again, it's the folks that think THEY are being objective in a highly subjective discussion that sound silly.

And my opinion on Geno is independant on my opinion on Sanchez--I think Sanchez will and should go elsewhere next year--that has NOTHING to do with my thoughts on Geno. He's irrelevant to the discussion.

Go read my posts, there is no reason for me to disagree with folks that think Sanchez will be back because I don't think he will be, but I certainly haven't agreed with one of them. I think it's a waste of time to constantly argue tooth and nail against something I don't think will happen.

_

14. legler82

Give this "mediocre" list of available FA QBs that are so head and shoulders better than Sanchez.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

The real fear is that he returns and plays just well enough to win the starting job.

THEN, when there's a lot more at stake, his limitations and flaws will show, and he'll revert to his crappy play that we're now accustomed to.

THEN, we'll be at Ground Zero again, looking for yet another Qb because Sanchez isn't the answer.

Meanwhile, we could've been developing Geno further with weapons and more experience.

Who the hell wants all of that? For what? So Mark freakin Sanchez can get another shot? I'm not signing up for that. No thanks.

16. JStokes

I thought it was just me, thanks for confirming that.

Oh wait, I'm agreeing with you, that must mean I want Sanchez back :grin:

Note: Which I've never advocated.

_

17. legler82

You could have saved all those key strokes. All you needed was the bold.

18. JStokes

LOLwhut? That's the real fear?

Hahahahaaa wow.

_

19. JStokes

I can't believe this is a serious post.

I can't.

_

20. legler82

Look at it from Rex's perspective. His job is on the line next year; he HAS TO WIN next year. Let's say your "worst" fear comes true and "[Sanchez] returns and plays just well enough to win the starting job. THEN, when there's a lot more at stake, his limitations and flaws will show, and he'll revert to his crappy play that we're now accustomed to." He still has Geno to bring in without allowing the team to go completely in the tank. And the reverse less trouble scenario for you would be Geno wins bombs or or gets hurt, Sanchez can still "luck" his way into the playoffs with a good defense and better weapons.

So if Sanchez is not brought back we would not be looking for another QB because Geno would develop?

This not about Mark's shot; it's about the team having competition in TC and depth in the season at the position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.