Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Exactly. What you said. Totally fact.

I'd say you're just being realistic/objective but it's obvious from your tone.

You've staked the moral/educated high ground, as it were.

:grin:

_

2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I like to think so. I've never stated an opinion in my many years on here. Straight up facts every time.

3. JStokes

Nothing you've said sounds anything like an opinion, totally straight up and irrefutable facts.

Flat out trash is completely provable and if you think otherwise, it's an actual criminal offense.

No opinion there, straight up facts. :grin:

_

4. MikeSLTJ23

Now at least we're on the same page!

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think my whole argument earlier stemmed from the concept of which quarterback shows more potential to win with this team. When you already know what a player can do, and how underwhelming they were with a boatload of talent, it's tough to put together a big reason to keep that player.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

QBs drafted in the 2nd round don't get treated the same as those selected 5th overall after trading up. It's not hypocrisy, it's reality.

7. MikeSLTJ23

Why are you regurgitating your same post? Youre ignoring what I'm calling hypocritical.

8. MikeSLTJ23

A rookie is a rookie. If a team wants to let one player be bigger than the team because of where he is drafted then that's their problem. You out your financial faith in the kid. The only reason it's a reality is because it's hard to admit when an investment has gone wrong especially when your job may depend on it. That doesn't make it right.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

9. legler82

I'm regurgitating the same post because your response had nothing to do with my post which you quoted. I thought if you saw it a second time it would sink in. Bringing Sanchez at a reduced contract as veteran competition/back-up has nothing to do with not giving Geno his "deserved" shot, unless, of course, you think it's a given Sanchez would beat him out. If you do, then that's more reason to do bring Sanchez back. If Geno can't beat out what many argue is the worst QB in the history of football, then he doesn't deserve the "shot".

Geno is guaranteed a shot next year but all signs point to that it will not be without competition. The ongoing debate in this thread is whether or not said competition should be Sanchez.

10. MikeSLTJ23

Sanchez is getting cut. He won't want to be back with the jets and they're not going to pay him. It depends on what you mean by a reduced contract. I couldn't care less who our backup was but I would prefer we draft one later and stick with Geno for another year. The last thing the jets need is Geno to look over his shoulder next year every week because Mark is back. Not to mention the circus that could create. I'd rather he get pressure from Simms and maybe a later draft pick. Cheaper and at least unknown. We know what we have in Sanchez.

11. MikeSLTJ23

And my post directly referenced draft position, so I'm not sure where you got that from.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

12. legler82

Reality is not always right. The higher you are drafted has a direct relationship with the opportunities you get and the length of your leash. There's a precipitous drop in the number of opportunities for QBs drafted in the 1st versus the 2nd round. I've posted before how Geno's starts in his rookie year has only been matched by Andy Dalton in the past 20 years. Unlike Geno, Dalton played well. Other 2nd round picks that struggled less than Geno got quick hooks or no playing time at all. This is not being overly critical of Geno just providing some historical perspective.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It seems like you can approach team building one of two one of two ways.

First, if you're lucky enough to have a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning slinging the pig skin 5000 yards and racking up 55 TDs a season, then by all means use your cap money to surround your supreme talent with the best pass blocking, best Tight Ends, and best Receivers you possible can. Maximize the scoring potential that your great QB brings to the team. Then fill in the rest of the team with pedestrian players, if you can afford them.

Or, the second way to build a team is to realize you don't have a scoring machine under center. At best you have an avg or slightly above avg QB that's never going to win any air-wars with the likes of Brady or Manning. So the first thing you do is spend your money building a dominating suffocating defense that can make ANY offense look bad, even Brady and Manning. You then build a solid O-Line to give your so-so QB an extra second per pass play. Then you find 2 great running backs to force teams to game plan for and try to stop something other than your so-so QB. And then with the time and cap you have left, you get the best offensive play makers you can get for your so-so QB.

If your QB will never win a shoot out with the TOP QBs no matter who his TE and #1 Receiver is, then you better have a defense that can make those same top QBs look very human and play poorly most of the game. Any QB has a shot of winning against the best QBs if the scores are in the teens.

14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Why are fans so opposed to Sanchez COMPETING for the QB position at a lower salary?

If he's so bad then Geno should have no problem winning the job.

And that is what scares ppl Is that Geno might lose the battle and their highly decorated opinions on Sanchez would be wrong.

We should want the best qb for the team not bcuz (because for the Google Police) we personally don't like said QB.

Having said there was nothing Geno did that showed me he is a franchise QB. He did not show he is any better. The whole year Geno couldn't sit under center and properly take a 3, 5 step drop! This is what he was working on since camp!

Sanchez with a incentive Laden contract, count me in. If Sanchez sucks you dump him, there will be plenty of serviceable qb's to be had. Don't be afraid of the Sanchize.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Quite obviously you miss the Giants' old glory days of the 90's.

16. JStokes

Too funny. Swap "Geno" for "Sanchez" and "Mark" for "Tebow" and you have 2012 all over again.

_

17. JStokes

This sounds like an awesome way to build a team.

A new model for the NFL.

_

18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

the team needs to remove themselves of any opportunity to keep trying with Sanchez. he's mediocre at best and not worth the effort, he's had every opportunity to either put up or shut up as the caliber of QB he's supposed to be (any signs of that playoff game winner lately?) and the organization can't be wishy washy with keeping him.

Smith for all his faults showed flashes of being effective QB and has at least a little bit of time to show signs of progress that Sanchez has lacked since 2011.

he will be cut, and he won't be resigned. we aren't missing out on a great deal by this happening. accept it, embrace it.

Geno smith is our primary QB focus that will be given the chance to be the future and any plan B option will not have the man that was supposed to be the teams franchise QB involved.

19. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Look for peyton manning, dump QB if not peyton manning in first year: the J Stokes Qb plan.

no such thing as development right? the declared guys that are played well in college won't struggle in the NFL out the gate, we're somehow screwing things up by not taking any top rated QB int he first and sticking with Smith another year, because this is the only opportunity to fine an infallible rookie QB that will lead us to prominence, IMMEDIATELY. not like other years won't have other good QB's, just dump 'em, Andrew Luck or bust, emphasis on bust.

best not tot get a blue chip offensive pice for once, nah lets be redundant!

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm curious, do you have the list of that? If you haven't researched it, I might look into how often the backup for the 2nd year QB had less or 0 experience than that second year QB. Because I think that changes the whole scenario

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.