Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Wow, I was somewhat blown away by how rational this post was. I had to double check what site I was on for a sec.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

QBs drafted in the 2nd round don't get treated the same as those selected 5th overall after trading up. It's not hypocrisy, it's reality.

3. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Geno showed just as much breakout potential AND bust potential as Sanchez. They were actually fairly similar rookie years I'd say (even though in the regular season, I came away more impressed with Geno than Sanchez when you compare their rookie years).

Draft picks don't cost teams what they used to. With that, they've become actually more valuable. The fact that we wasted 4 years on Sanchez doesn't mean we have to do the same for Geno, but his draft position should have NOTHING to do with that. I understand it makes it tougher to make that decision because of the money invested, but c'mon. Improving the team should be tantamount to admitting a wrong pick was made, which is what they would have and should have done with Sanchez sooner than they did.

As I said, I'm not an advocate for giving Geno 4 years unless he proves he's worth it, but I think he did enough in Year 1 to earn some more time. IMO, it's foolish AND hypocritical to think otherwise, unless you're one of those people that think Sanchez was actually a success (which I'll never understand since football is as much about the team as any sport and he was the weak link).

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

if you thought he was lousy in August you have an agenda

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I have no problem disagreeing with you regarding the preseason this year. I notice you totally disregarded last season, or do you disagree that "lousy" was a fitting description?

6. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

To all the non haters, here is the formula and summary of Jet haters...

Jets win= talented team w/ elite defense
    Jets loss= Sanchez sucks!
    End of the haters main point.

Thought Id save you some time.

Also Sanchez can't compete to be our qb bcuz he was our qb for 4 years???

Not Bcuz he's any worse but bcuz he played for 4 years and I'm tired of it.

7. azhar80

Our team was stacked in 09 and 10 lol... Man those teams were good but elite is far from it. We barely got in the playoffs in 09 so how good was that team? Did we play any Home play-off games??

We had a very good defensive system with decent personnel, we had good offensive personnel with a mediocre offensive system. Our stars on offense are Mongold and Dbrick. Our star on defense was Revis. Very good special team system and good personnel.

So we were not elite at all but a solid Team overall.

P.S: Tomlinson was not a superstar on our team, just a solid veteran back. We lacked a explosive threat on offense, prob Leon Washington was close to that.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Also, Sanchez was the worst QB in the NFL for 4 years, Geno was only the worst for ONE year!

:grin:

_

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This post is absurd.

10. JStokes

TGG is absurd. What's your point?

This is no more absurd than the opposite opinion.

_

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If Lincoln's Gettysburg Address contained the word "bcuz" three times, it too would be absurd.

12. The 1985er

Saying that people want Sanchez gone because he's been here 4 years is ridiculous. Like anyone would want to give up on a "good" QB for the fuck of it.

Ok

13. JStokes

Dude, do you not understand how absurd the whole Sanchez "defenders" versus the Sanchez "haters" debate is?

BOTH are ridiculous, whether you want to believe it or not.

It's pathetic, really, that either side feels it's entitled to the moral or educated high ground.

It's asinine. BOTH sides.

_

14. The 1985er

These debates do get old I'll say that.

15. azhar80

Oh snap, my English professor is a cop now!!!

16. JStokes

The certainty with which some folks think their opinion proves something is the funniest (not haha funny, pathetic funny) aspect of these debates. And then the obligatory "I'm just being realistic/objective" is the capper for me. Too funny.

_

17. MikeSLTJ23

You people that want Sanchez are unbelievable. It's because Sanchez had 4 years as the jets QB and guess what? In those 4 years, he was a bottom of the barrel QB for 3 of them. If you don't like Geno and want to draft a QB because you don't want to make the same mistake and stick with him too long, then fine. But to say you want Sanchez because you think he's better than Geno and that's it is just goddamn stupid.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

18. JStokes

Point in case.

_

19. MikeSLTJ23

Haha its exactly what you said except for the fact that we're right and it's ridiculous to say otherwise. Anyone that calls Sanchez a serviceable starting QB has way too many screws loose. He had ONE year out of 4 where he was a little above average. Every other year he was flat out trash. It's criminal to think he wasn't!

I swear, this website makes me feel like we have the dumbest fans sometimes. It's frustrating to read this shit from people who want him back. That's not an attack of you personally, but my general feeling about people that feel differently than me about Sanchez. And you're all entitled to call me a dumbass too.

20. MikeSLTJ23

It's a message board... What's the point of posting if you don't think you're right?? I'm convinced I am, but f--- it, I'm probably not haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.