Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The fact that the Jets used their pup exception on Sanchez says something didn't it.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Sanchez compete for starting position with The Jets.

2. feldspar

feldspar Member

You guys crack me up with your thousands of posts on this subject.

To me, it's very simple. Money issues aside, Geno Smith is not clearly better than Sanchez. This is not a ringing endorsement of Sanchez, but it's just true in my opinion. I honestly think that Sanchez would have started this year had he not gotten injured, so it's not like Geno has earned that spot. I don't think Geno is the future, either.

Therefore, either the Jets go out and get a QB that they think will be the legitimate future of the franchise, or they keep Sanchez on the roster to compete for the spot. It's really that simple to me, and I don't need to debate about it in any way.

I don't think it's easy to nab a franchise QB in the draft (especially where the Jets are picking), and it's even harder in free-agency, so it should not be beyond the realm of possibility that Sanchez remains on the roster and...gasp...he may even be the favorite to start. I would not be thrilled with that scenario at all personally, but you have to deal with reality.

The Jets could bulk up their already good defense, and add some offensive weapons. They should do that anyway, but what I'm saying is that this should take pressure off the QB, whoever he is. That's just common sense.

The Jets should leave no stone unturned to find a QB, but as it stands today, Sanchez may be the best option. To me, that's somewhat disheartening, but that's just me. One thing is for sure: Sanchez is on a very short leash right now for this ball-club. Nobody should pretend that the Jets aren't doing everything they can to look elsewhere at this point, no matter what they try to sell you.

#982 feldspar, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  3. Geno

Geno Member

Cut Sanchez, Sign Josh Mccown, Draft a QB. End Thread./

4. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Geno<Sanchez

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

You lost me at "money issues aside". You can't pull parts of the equation out like that. Geno showed enough in his rookie year to show he has promise. He went through a long drought and surely didn't look the part, but he did show flashes, much the same way Sanchez did. The fact of the matter is you're trying to say that Sanchez might be better than Geno. Mind you, Sanchez had 4 years as a starter with no marked improvement save for his sophomore year. You cannot discount Geno after 1 year if you're willing to give Sanchez 5.

Geno might not work out, but to write him off after his rookie year is harsh and gets this team nowhere. If we draft a QB at 18 and he struggles, are you saying we do the same? It'd be hypocritical if you said otherwise. Hell, it's hypocritical to give Sanchez the time of day at this point and not Geno. If you're of the mindset we need a different QB from Geno, Sanchez should be the last QB you want.

Sanchez has to go for both money reasons and to give this team a fresh start. The Jets should not draft a QB in round 1 because a QB will not be BPA. One more year of Geno at least with MAYBE a developmental QB in the draft. Although I hate even that idea, since it's not like we've successfully developed a QB ever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am in no way comparing Mark to Luck as I think Luck will be an all time great type of QB but in the same round against a far worse Pats team than mark faced 3 years ago Luck had 4 INTs and was pretty bad- the 4 INts more than Mark has in 6 games.

It's hard to win in January, we are giving up on a guy who knows how to get it done.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Except the Jets 2010 team was superior talent wise than the 2013 Colts team.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its fun when you do things like this. you do it regularly.

now i am in no way comparing mark to luck.... and then you go on to compare what mark sanchez did to what luck did. so in fact you ARE comparing mark sanchez to andrew luck.

now what happens is people say oh you have to be fucking kidding me, junc just said that mark sanchez is better than andrew luck.

which you in fact did say. and less filling has spoken (thanks for that br4d, i wasnt sure if anyone would get it)

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Did someone steal your username? :grin:

_

10. nyjunc

not by that much if at all.

the point is it's hard to win in January, we have a guy we KNOW we can win with. We gave up on him and now we have to hope Geno or whoever else is our QB is one we can win with.

11. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Far superior. Everyone forgets the D's performance against Brady and that offense in that game.

12. nyjunc

who forgets that? Brady handed the ball off most of the night the other night and did our QB give NE 4 extra possessions?

We had the better D(though they have much better pass rushers), the O talent was pretty similar. Would be better for Indy if Wayne was healthy but w/o him we probably had a slight edge.

13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The 2010 Jets were twice the team the 2013 Colts are if you remove QBs from the evaluation. They aren't even remotely close regarding talent. There's only two players (other than Luck) on the entire Colts roster that would have no-questions-asked started on the 2010 Jets (Mathis and Landry).

14. nyjunc

Their OL is as good as ours was
    TEs equal
    Brown was better than our RBs
    we had more depth at WR but Hilton but than anyone we had and if Wayne was healthy Indy would have the edge.

We had a slight edge but the difference in NE more than made up for that. we would have beat this NE team by 3 TDs.

we had one elite player on D, our talent wasn't great across the board. We had some solid talent nothing special.

15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maybe.

Nope.

Nope and nope.

[​IMG]

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

It's obvious that if Sanchez was playing behind Center for the Colts, then they would've beaten the Pats.

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we were 3 times the team indy is.

better backs, better at every single offensive line position, better at TE, better overall at WR. better at every linebacker spot. worlds better at CB. and overall a better dline. not to mention, much better with defensive game planning/coaching.

QB indy is 100000 times better then us. other then that, we kill them talent wise

18. jerseyjay14

edited for accuracy

19. jerseyjay14

mark doesnt know how to win in january. he was just lucky enough to be on teams that required nothing from him in order to win in the playoffs. hell the games mark actually played well in as far as the playoffs go we lost

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha Junc's flimsy arguments are littered with "ifs." Mainly because the dude is just not that good at debating facts. So he has to contrive hypotheticals that cannot be proven one way or another.

Zero credibility. But hilarious nonetheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.