Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

/sigh... move along dude. "cuz" If you were following the thread, you would know what we're talking about and not just come in here spewing Sanchez hate.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Answer the question "dude". I have been following the thread and my response was very pertinent to the title of it.

If you have so much faith in Sanchez tell me where he'll be the opening day starting QB next year. Surely if you believe in his ability then at the least he can be a starting QB in 2014, yes?

3. Ajitator

You're obviously not following. He has a shot to be the opening day QB here. If he comes back for less money. That's what we've been talking about for the last 10 or so pages. Give or take a few about Andrew Luck.

Also, you don't have to quote real words. Just your fake ones.

4. JetsNation06

Here I'll play. You obviously have zero clue about good QB play because the Jets are going to cut his ass quicker than a NY minute when the time comes. What makes you think the Jets want him back for less money? Based on what?

5. Ajitator

This was discussed at length, Basically pay the same money and cut him, or have him compete for a spot in camp. If Sanchez takes a pay cut he becomes a lot more tradable, and if Geno beats him in Camp a cheap backup for another year. There's very little downside I can see to this. Yet people come in by the dozens to blast Sanchez.

If this was the case they would absolutely have done it by now. There's no reason to be holding onto a player like that if he's as infectious as you say. He's still on the roster for a reason.

6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Have you seen any team make any cuts yet? That shit isn't happening till after the Super Bowl.

7. Ajitator

If they planned on cutting him they would have done it as soon as they were going to put him on IR. There's really no reason to keep him on the roster throughout the year and then wait till the superbowl to cut him.

8. Jay Bizniss

The season just ended... They need time to evaluate the QB options going into the draft and free agency.

9. Ajitator

Which means there's a chance he's in the current plans for next season.

10. JetsNation06

You're talking around the crux of the matter. No team in the NFL is stupid enough to trade for Mark Sanchez. The Jets are well aware of this. After he gets cut, another team can sign him for the veteran minimum. Why would a team trade for someone they can pick up for the league vet minimum?

And on your second point, the Jets are waiting until after FA begins before making any cuts such as Sanchez, Cro and Tone. Why would the Jets FO give other teams a look into their thinking when this could affect their ability to bring in FA's? From a strategic point of view, they have nothing to gain by cutting him now. They'd rather wait until after they make all of their offseason moves before unloading all of their trash.

11. Jay Bizniss

Quite possible... In the end I think he is gone, but everybody on the roster including Holmes has a "chance" to be back next year. I think Sanchez would serve as more of a distraction to Geno if that's the direction we decide to go, so it's best he leaves.

12. JetsNation06

Thank you. I just said the same thing in my post. It sucks when you have to deal with people who just say hypothetical shit on this board that has almost zero probability of actually happening.

The much stronger probability lies in the reality of Sanchez being gone.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Answered this weeks ago,,,here it is again,,,,yes I want him gone

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It seems your blind hatred has clouded you ability to read and comprehend the written word. You might take up a hobby and take an introductory logic course.

YOU said he'd never start a 16 game season again. This hasn't happened yet and there is no way to know that with even the slightest bit of certainty. I get that you hate the guy but there is know way you or anyone else knows what he'll be doing in 2, 3, 4 10 years.

This is colloquially what is called an opinion.

Yet YOU say that's all you need to know about Sanchez.

That's a fundamental lack of understanding of logic, comprehension or basic reading skills.

I get you hate him.

Your opinion of him tells the rest of us nothing about HIM, it just tells us something about YOU.

_

15. Jay Bizniss

In the right system, Sanchez could flourish.. He is just too far gone to ever play again in New York... He is to fragile to be here.

16. JetsNation06

Wrong again. It's called an educated opinion because it's based on results. Sanchez's results as the Jets starting QB were atrocious. Fact, not opinion.

Stop dancing around the issue at hand.

You're hilarious talking about people hating him. You sound like you're 15. I could give two shits about him as a person. I strictly care about his ability to help the Jets on the field. In that regard, he has ZERO ability to help this team on the field.

Deal with football and not emotions, like saying people hate him.

The issue here is whether you think Sanchez is a good QB. So answer the question, do you think Sanchez will be the Jets starting QB next year and if not, tell me where you'll think he'll be a starting QB next year? I'm waiting.

If he's not a starting QB in either NY or anywhere else in the league, then by default that tells you he sucks. I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Sanchez lovers just dont know when to let go. They are all just like the Tebow worshippers. They may have to be selling their Sanchez posters and jerseys here after hes cut shortly and is a 3rd stringer on another team.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You do realize that even if Sanchez "sucks" that he could still end up starting for the Jets if he is brought back. He just needs to be better than Geno and whoever else we have next year.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What will Sanchez haters do if the opposite happens and he is brought back and becomes the starter? Will they stop posting here (crossing fingers)?

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

theres 0 chance he's in the current plans for next year dude...

actually wait, you're right he is in the plans.

Offseason plan:
    step one- Cut Holmes
    step two- Cut Sanchez

so I suppose you're right.

I don't even know what people want him here for SANCHEZ's purposes, his career is best served being elsewhere where he can revitalize his career, not in NY where he's regressed and failed.

It would be stringing him along, i almost like him too much to be with the jets anymore, what an awful career move that would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.