Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I get it, you are looking at their meaningless #s. Garrard led Jax to an 8-8 season, Schaub's Texans were supposed to be a playoff team AGAIN and finished 6-10. Putting up #s for bad teams does not impress me. Making plays to win does.

Freeman's 2010 was not awesome, he put up meaningless #s against bad teams w/ zero pressure to win. Mark made plays, he led us to a ton of late game wins then helped us win 2 playoff games. That's much better than meaningless #s put up by guys out of the race w/ no pressure to win.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Three of those games were in wins, 2 in blowouts! And he threw 3 TDs against 4 INTs in those games. Really?!? So you want me to stoop to make the point that Geno had shittier shit games and Sanchez had better shit games?

That 4 game stretch was awful-possibly the worst 4 game stretch in NFL history. Mark had a bad stretch, but not as epically bad as Geno's.

But if your point is that Geno is better than Mark, then I guess...I don't know what I guess.

_

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

My point is that Sanchez was just as bad as Geno in his rookie season. Three were wins because of the running game, not because of Sanchez.

For the poster above^^.. It's Josh McCown, not Luke McCown there bud.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I think Sanchez could have sucess somewhere else but the Jets gave up on him along time ago,him being here just doesn't make sense anymore

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

For a starting NFL QB, it is fair. He is the bottom of the barrel right now. I also said that I hope he improves and gets better, but we can't know that he will for sure. He gave us enough little sparks to not give up on him though, which is good.

6. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Haha,.. That makes a bit more sense but the answer is still the same.

Josh McCown - 16/22 0.421%

He's also 34 and you can be 100% sure his best ball is behind him.

7. JStokes

Irrelevant- that 4 game stretch was horrendous. Even in games where Sanchez threw for less than double digit completions, he wasn't anywhere near as bad as Geno during that stretch.

They both had bad games, they both had good games. That stretch is what concerns me.

_

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Ehh he had some poor stretches. The one right below is really rough considering these were also two winnable games (BUF and NO)

10/4/2009, INT leading to 7 NO points, fumble leading to 7 NO points, lost by 14.
    10/12/2009, no turnovers, 50%, <180 yards.
    10/18/2009, 5 picks, 34.48%, 119 yards,

Total: 1 TD, 8 INTs, 1 fumble. He had his rough stretches.

From Nov. 15 til the end of the *regular* (edited thanks to JStokes) season, 4 TDs vs 10 INTs , no rushing TDs

He had some big growing pains in 2009.

#808 displacedfan, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  9. JStokes

I admitted he had rough stretches.

But I'm not sure that was "the end of the season" in 2009.

_

10. displacedfan

Oops forgot to add in regular, thanks for checking.

I think that 3 game stretch was as bad as Geno's 4 game stretch.

We'll have to see. I wouldn't be against bringing Sanchez back if we cut him and sign him back cheap. I do think Sanchez would be better off with a fresh start somewhere else to try and improve, fill in somewhere as a placeholder and get the Matt Flynn contract hopefully.

If you buy AV score on profootballreference, Geno's AV was higher than Sanchez's rookie year, equal to his 3rd year, and higher than his 4th year.

11. JStokes

I don't buy any of that stuff.

I just watch the players. And comparing anything to Sanchez's 4th year is just silly. He was monumentally awful in 2012.

I just don't think Geno has the football IQ. He may be better than Sanchez, but that's not the point.

Regardless of what I think, Sanchez would do better for himself to start somewhere fresh with a real QB coach and a solid OC. Take a year as a 3rd stringer to build up his arm and then shoot for a spot.

_

12. displacedfan

Fragile probably comes from poor games turning into terrible games. Turnovers seem to stack with Sanchez recently. The TEN game, the ARZ game, the MIA game to end 2011. Lots of QBs mistakes, but a great sign is to forget about it and make up for the mistakes. In those games, the mistakes just piled on.

He's a professional with the media. Rarely taking a step out of line. But I don't think that ties into fragile on the field and letting mistakes compile.

Football IQ, I think Geno progressed as the year went on. While the last 4 games were against lesser competition, you play good against bad teams to beat them. That's what good players do. I'm interested to see if Geno can keep a hold on the job heading into next year and how he does with some better talent around him (Hopefully)

13. Jonathan_Vilma

That's essentially what I was talking about. Just because a guys a good professional with the media, doesn't mean he doesn't fold during times of adversity. A leader doesn't sit on the bench and throw a towel over his head displaying terrible body language to his teammates. He keeps fighting.

I still don't see any reason to keep Sanchez. He got four years, Geno doesn't get the start of his second where he might actually have an NFL receiver on his team? It's not to say that Geno is going to transform into Peyton Manning, but he has shown a lot more with a lot less than Sanchez thus far.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm sure but most of the time he is throwing jump balls to Calvin Johnson against triple coverage or throwing to wide open WRs because Calvin is drawing all the attention. Kevin Oggletree and Nate Burelson are no Gates and Schillens.

Knock yourself out. I'll wait.

15. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just because you don't see a reason to keep him, Doesn't automatically mean there's a good reason to dump him. If he comes back for a reasonable amount of money it's worth it to this team to keep him around, at least until camp. If he's still Sanchez that turns the ball over and can't lead the team, you can leave him on the bench and try to get a draft pick from him. If he doesn't make it through camp it doesn't cost you 8$mil to get rid of him.

It seems illogical to not want him back if the money is right.

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

And I get it as well. You give all the credit to the QB no matter what. It doesn't matter if he goes 10-40 for 100 yards or 20-25 for 300 and a 2 TD's. If your team wins the QB is good. If it loses the QB is bad. Doesn't matter what else happens :rolleyes:

None of the rest of what you said means anything. Sanchez doesn't play against Matt Schaub and David Garrard. He plays against their D's. Any coach/GM would take either one of those guys in their prime over Mark. You laugh at them because they are on bad teams most years but there production far out does any production Mark has ever put up. Thats just a fact.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Typical, find four pictures of the elite four. :rolleyes:

What more do you need to see of Sanchez to see that he won't be successful here, with this personel and coaching staff? We have a four year layout of what he is, with regression after year 3 and no signs of the turnovers and poor decisions stopping.

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

To chalk up Matt Staffords career to "most of the time he is throwing jump balls to Calvin Johnson against triple coverage or throwing to wide open WRs because Calvin is drawing all the attention" is ridiculous. Your not giving the player enough credit. Stafford was the 1st overall pick in the draft. He's a really talented player and he's shown it.

Now we are going to debate whose better between 4 scrubs? Who cares. A marginal player is a marginal player.

And as far as finding the other QB's, no problem.

David Garrard had a pretty solid career in Jacksonville. Wasn't throwing to anybody of any note.

Donovan McNabb was pretty good in Philly. He had TO for a little over one year. Besides that he had a cast of no names. Even DeSean Jackson, while good, isn't elite. And he got there towards the end.

Romo was always very productive in Dallas long before Dez got there. And don't tell me Miles Austin is a star caliber receiver cause he's not. Good not great. He had Witten but one TE isn't going to make a whole team. And spare me the Romo chokes lines, thats not the point. Once again any GM would take Romo over Sanchez.

Big Ben in Pittsburgh has always done it with a solid cast of players around him. I wouldn't call a single one of them elite though.

Look at Phillip Rivers year this season in San Diego. Whose the great player there?

Matt Ryan this year with all the injuries that team had still played very well. No Julio, no Roddy for a large part of the season. He turned Harry Douglass into a 1,000 yard receiver.

Look at Andrew Luck since he has came into the league. Had an older Reggie Wayne last year, this year, basically no Wayne, Luck still managed...

I'm sure I can name more as well. You want me to keep going?

19. displacedfan

Oh I disagree with the body language thing. It happens to all players.

The problem I saw with Sanchez late in his 4 years was letting one turnover turn into two and etc etc. It's like the switch was flipped on and he couldn't stop. there was no bounce back like we saw in 2010 that made us all hopeful

20. JStokes

We have never seen him with MM. Not more than a handful of snaps.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.