Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Mark had no support whatsoever in this organization. The worst thing that ever happened to him was getting drafted in Rex's rookie season.
    This organization took away his playmakers year after year and never replaced them with anything but mediocre talent.
    The offense was an afterthought even up to this past year.

I'd love to see what Mark would be if he was drafted last season with a true offensive mind in charge of the offense.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^No support? He was fuckin handed the starting job! They traded for Holmes and Braylon, they acquired LT. Outstanding OL in place and Cotchery/Keller. No support? Disagree there.

Maybe no support from the fan base, but this fan base is rightfully neurotic after 45 years.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Every year the lost one of his WR's.

4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Lots of people think lots of players suck when they have nobody throwing to them. I'm not making the argument that the Jets receivers are good but the point i'm trying to make is that they may be more productive then their numbers would indicate.

I guess Jacob Tamme just magically decided to be productive in 2010, do nothing and then start playing hard again in 2012.

Who was Tom Brady throwing to this year in order to have the good season he had? No Randy Moss, no Wes Welker, Gronk and Amendola are always hurt, Hernandez is in jail. Still plenty of production out of Mr. Brady. I guess Edelman is a star.

TY Hilton must be a star also.

Calvin Johnson missed week 5 this year against Green Bay. Matthew Stafford still managed to go 25-40 for 260+ yards with 1 TD and no picks. Not to bad.

Calvin also missed week 17 against the Vikings and while Stafford was far less impressive he still managed to go 22-33 for 217 yards with 1 TD and yet again no turnovers. Not bad for a guy who was throwing to Kevin Oggletree and Nate Burelson...

Matt Ryan lost Julio Jones for the season and Roddy White was banged up for a large portion of it. He turned Harry Douglass into a 1,000 yard receiver and managed to still complete almost 70% of his passes, throw 26 TD's, and throw for 4500 yards.

And no they didn't go 4-12 because Julio Jones was out. His absence is a part of it but they lost a bunch of other starters and their depth issues were exposed.

The point i'm trying to make is that the Sanchez supporters will look at the stuff presented and say "Mark Sanchez needs a Julian Edelman or TY Hilton" When in reality what they should be saying is "Julian Edelman and TY Hilton need a Tom Brady and an Andrew Luck". You think if Jacob Tamme came here he would put up 600+ yards like he did in 2010 with Manning? That's presuming a lot.

You don't think Stafford could come here and get more production out of Stephen Hill then Mark Sanchez did in his rookie year? Or even Geno did this year just to be fair? You don't think Brady could turn Jeremy Kerley into a 1,000 yard receiver? Especially after he just did it with Edelman?

Like I said, the point i'm trying to make is that good QB's will get more production out of lesser talent. The Sanchez supporters however don't look at that talent as lesser talent. They overrate those guys to back up their theory that Sanchez is good. I'm not talking about elite players like the Calvin Johnson's and Jimmy Graham's of the world.

I'm talking about lesser players. I'm tired of hearing about all the weapons teams like Green Bay, New England, and Atlanta have while the people who bring up that argument clearly overlook one of, if not in most cases the biggest weapons. THE QUARTERBACK.

#724 kevmvp, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Well fuck, Cotchery asked to be cut and Braylon barely played in 2011. They signed Burress and drafted Kerley. These things happen in this league. I don't think that's sufficient reasoning to excuse how badly he played down the stretch in 2011 and 2012.

6. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Your telling me with schilens and gates as your starters another QB would put up all pro numbers? Also lets not forget the Sparano offense you have to play under. Kerley almost got a 1000 yards with Sanchez.

Having gates and Schilens and no rb who can catch with in Sparano offense= disaster...

Heck even schilens and gates would've been better in MM offense, therefore the qb would be better also. Having the right personnel is one thing but you need a solid system to make things work.

One thing from Pre season that I still recall is Sanchez' Dad saying to Mark that receivers are actually open! That last sentence should raise flags on the prev regime. These are NFL players who can't get open? Something was wrong. Obv. It was Sparano and the mediocre talent.

As far as another qb making Hill better id love to see it, in his sophomore he sucked more than his rookie year, under a better system! Maybe this special qb can help him catch also.

Telling C. Johnson to Run hooks and curls all day long will make mega tron look like Ok Tron. Soprano needed his players healthy but lost Holmes early and Keller weekly it seemed like.

2012 was a disaster offensively!

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Say what you will but the NE game was a great game for Sanchez where he outplayed brady and the Indy game they won Sanchez was huge. Colts win was a monster throw by Sanchez to edwards to setup the GW FG. That was a money money play for a guy on the road.

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

If the Bengals see Sanchez as a viable backup QB that can come in in money time and win a playoff game isn't that the kind of QB the Jets should be bringing in to challenge Smith neat season?

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

732 posts, and yes i am still really really really sure i dont want sancho on the jets next year.

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I didn't like Sparano last year. Sanchez had 2 coordinators though. It's both of their faults and none of the blame is Mark's?

Like I said i'm not saying the Jets receivers are any good. But I would bet guys like Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Stafford, Ryan, etc could get more production out of them then the Mark Sanchez's of the world could.

I'm also not just talking about 2012. What about 2011 when he had Holmes, Burress, and Keller? Why was he still a below average QB in 2010 with Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, and Keller. Those aren't bad casts to work with.

Another question, who has Sanchez ever made better? Who was a better player when they played with Sanchez? Not Holmes, Edwards was virtually the same player in New York as he was in Cleveland for as much as everyone loves to reminisce about him.

Cotchery was very good in 2009 but he was good other years with Chad as well.

I'd say Kerley was statistically better this year (taking the injury into account) with Geno then he was last year with Mark.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Don't tell me about 2010, don't tell me Namath's stats, don't tell me about Geno Smith, Matt Simms, Johnny Manziel or Tom Brady. Exactly what is it that the Sanchez family has seen in the last 18 months that leads them to be optimistic about the future of the Jets if he was starting next season.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

None of these points about lack of playmakers for Mark take away from the fact that he was a 13 game starter coming out of college who proved to be inaccurate and absolutely crumble under pressure.

Make the argument that all quarterbacks crumble under pressure. True. But by the time Mark hit his third year he was still unable to recognize pressure and act accordingly. Teams routinely blitzed him as if he were a rookie. Quarterbacks have trouble against the blitz, but a lot of quarterbacks also check into runs, change the protection effectively, hit the hot receiver, etc. It's easy to see when a quarterback has command of the pocket. Sanchez was good on playaction rollouts, but dos that make him anything more than a Matt Schaub? All good running teams help out quarterbacks on playaction.

Mark just doesn't have very good pocket awareness or mobility. He's an athletic guy, but that doesn't mean that he knows where the pressure is and how to sift through the rush to step up, slide left, slide right. Look at the good quarterbacks in the league. They all step up in the pocket and avoid disastrous plays.

This all comes on the fact that the guy's confidence was ruined by the Tebow acquisition. Everytime he got into a rhythm they'd bring out the wildcat and ruin his momentum. The organization is part to blame, getting rid of his receivers, two runningbacks, and bringing in the one of the most covered media players ever. That still doesn't get rid of his ineptness in some aspects of the game. That's not to say he can't or couldn't have been a better player if some of these things didn't happen, but he's clearly done with this organization.

There's no confidence in him in New York anymore. They moved on with Geno Smith already. Hence why I don't get the love-fest with him. He could succeed somewhere else or coulda shoulda woulda type of deal but it's not happening in New York. I don't understand what people don't get about this matter.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That's quite a leap. If valid at all, your point is a theory rather than a fact. One could also theorize that the occasional wildcat appearance served to slow down the defense to a speed that Sanchez could sometimes handle. Yep, he's done.

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I still think Sanchez is 50% girl.

15. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

He will be let go to the benefits of both parties.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

1.Matt Ryan- Matt was better
    2.Phillip Rivers- Rivers had better #s but had #1 O and #1 D yet still couldn't make the playoffs in a weak division.
    3.Peyton Manning- yes
    4.Aaron Rodgers- yes
    5.Drew Brees- yes
    6.Big Ben- yes
    7.Matt Schaub:lol::rofl2: the man w/ SB talent that has made the playoffs once(and had them on the road to the playoffs a 2nd time before injury)
    8.Tom Brady- obviously
    9.Eli Manning - the man threw TWENTY FIVE INTs including 4 in the biggest game of the year. Mark was better.
    10.Michael Vick- yep
    11.Josh Freeman- no way, had cake sched to win some games, never really in the race.
    12.David Garrard -:lol:
    13.Joe Flacco - very similar

you don't think having 3 of his top 5 weapons out of the league after 2011 is a big deal? that mans they weren't very good. You don't think having Chaz Schilens start means anything? he had BY FAR the worst healthy weapons in 2012. Eli manning had top 10 talent around him and was WORSE than Mark 2012 this year yet we bash mark as if anyone could have done anything w/ that group.

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I figured after watching Andy Dalton choke away another playoff game Sanchez would get a little more appreciation around here.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we should know any QB could have won here w/ our '85 bears Defense and our 1989 Niners offense around the QB. People just don't get that you need quality QB play to win consistently in January no matter what the talent. it's sad but I suspect much like some of the QBs of the past that years from now the fans will show some appreciation as time passes and we get further away from the success. Remember how hated Chad was and now he gets respect, same thing for Vinny and even a Ken O'Brien who some fans seem to think was a great QB now when he was hated more than sanchez in the early 90s.

19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Except for Stafford I don't think even the most ardent Sanchez "fanboi" would disagree. Is it a crime to not be as good as the QBs on that list? We're talking about 3 bonafide HOFers and Pro Bowler.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That is Jets fans for you. Geno will be next unless he improves dramatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.