Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

They threw more because they said it themselves before the season that they would give Sanchez more responsibilities.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So those #s are "mediocre" for a WR but 28 COMP 42 ATT 366 YDS 66.7 COMP% 2 TDs 2 INT 90.0 RAT is "terrible". Interesting grading scale you got there.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Schitty called a 3rd and 17 deep pass in the afccg against the steelers late in the second quarter instead of running the clock out. The results was a blindsided sack fumble which was really the deciding factor. Good oc don't call plays like that in an important game.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

4. The 1985er

Schemes and coaching is important but you need talent to execute the gameplan. How much could Schotty get out of a limited QB like Sanchez? The offense was up and down in 09 and 10 and I would say that those years were good jobs on Schotty behalf too.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he started and played in LESS games and the #s are similar. he was more productive w/ Mark even though not very good either year.

If he didn't get hurt they would have paid him. They got lucky striking gold w/ Cruz then they drafted Randle looking to the future possibly losing Nicks. They have done it the right way by surrounding their QB w/ talent.

Schilens was awful, there's a reason he's out of the league. he should have been a 5th WR type of player but instead was starting. THAT'S why we were so bad and mark was so bad, he didn't have help.

There is a lot of talk that comes from them every year but the proof was in the gameplans. They threw a ton b/c they couldn't run, they came out trying to run every week but couldn't and we'd fall behind and have to throw more.

6. nyjunc

That didn't cost us the game, let's say we run it. Pitt gets the ball back in good FP w/ plenty of time to score a FG or even a TD. Let's say they get a FG, we are down 20-0 at the half. w/ the fumble(which easily could have been called incomplete) and then FG we got we were down 21. Not much difference.

he did a good job here and our Os were pretty good as he was developing Sanchez.

7. The 1985er

Did you watch the games? He was terrible. He was still the same shit player. He's also put up good numbers in other preseasons so I wasn't sold. He needed to be great to outright win the job.

8. legler82

I'm not sure what you are trying to convince me of that Sanchez is or was limited or Schitty is good. They are mutually exclusive in mind. My opinion on Schitty is not based solely on Mark's development or lack there of. I didn't think he was a good OC before, during or after coaching Sanchez.

9. legler82

Note the Jets ranked 5 positions hire than the Rams did this year in total offense despite a rookie QB, poor offensive talent and -14 compared to +8 in TOs.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

He wasn't terrible. He had one bone headed play in that was the int to start the preseason. After that he was OK and was showing some improvement like completing screen passes and hitting wrs in stride.

Edit: Cot dammit. Disregard

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

#690 mute, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  11. The 1985er

So he was healthier in his 2nd year which would mean he'd be able to be more productive since he's playing more games. I'm still not understanding your logic.

Right and if they felt Smith was that vital to their success they would keep him. Injury or not.

I'm not saying Chaz was good but if you call what Stuckey did in 09 as productive then Chaz was productive in 2012.

The previous 2 years the Jets had a top 10 rushing attack. So why should they abandon it? Of course they would still try to run the ball. But they also wanted to pass more since in 2011 it was a passing league.

12. legler82

Was he "terrible" or did he put up "good numbers"? Are "good numbers" in the pre-season "terrible" if they are produced by shit players, put up in prior preseasons, you are not sold and/or said player was not great to outright win a job?

13. The 1985er

You threw Sanchez in it in the first place.

14. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Your overrating Sanchez. The guy has played well in some big games, but no coach is going to start a guy over another QB based on what he might be able to do for that team 18 weeks from the season opener. Dalton at worst is a superior regular season QB then Sanchez. He would absolutely get the starting job.

Sanchez also has a very quick sample size in the playoffs. he's played 6 games in a short 2 year span, then couldnt get his team to the playoffs in 2011, 2012 i'll even give him a break. Your assuming/basing a lot off of those 2 years. That doesn't mean thats the player he is. I've seen a lot more bad in the regular season then I have good in the post season.

Your basing Rivers entire game on 2 throws. I don't think thats really fair. Yes, he choked, but that doesn't mean his overall performance in that game was bad. He didn't throw 5 picks and completely implode. Maybe if his running back could have busted out a long TD run like Marks did he could have been bailed out.

There's no proof Decker was even ascending. He became a starter in 2011 and put up 600 yards on 44 catches. That's extremely pedestrian for a starting caliber player, and he wasn't a rookie. That's very similar to Santonio Holmes season that year. He took off when Manning got there.

I get the snap counts from Pro Football Focus.

15. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Numbers aren't everything but they do factor in. Especially turnovers. I'd wager that Sanchez took far more points off the board with red zone turnovers than Dalton did.

Like I said: I don't watch Dalton a lot, I could lie and say I've watched every snap of his career but I haven't. All I know is when I watch Bengals highlights there are far fewer "WTF was he thinking!?" moments when watching Dalton vs Sanchez. And I don't just mean the butt fumble but actual stupid errors like poor clock management, throwing into triple coverage, throwing to DL, etc.

Maybe Sanchez will end up in Cincy, put the team on his shoulders and march them into a number of playoff victories or even a Super Bowl. I mean, I doubt it, but it's possible. For the record I'm not by any means a huge fan of Dalton, I don't want him on the Jets, but I do think we would have had reasonably the same results with Dalton that we had with Sanchez with perhaps some better decision making and less obvious blunders. That's entirely subjective though and I acknowledge that.

16. nyjunc

you know Kellen Clemens was their QB, right?

they were 21st in pts scored, we were 29th.

sure and his production was less in year 2 based on games started.

if a guy can't play what good is keeping him? you don't seem to grasp this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/25882/ex-giant-steve-smith-retires

In 2010 the pass game drove the offense but we could run it at times. We were never going to be a 6-70% passing team, we were going to pass more but they downgraded his weapons and we couldn't run until later in the year. 3 of his top 5 weapons going into the year were out of football after that season.

17. The 1985er

That's cool. But when the Rams had their starting QB in 2012 they ranked higher than the Jets.

Go look up Sanchez stats in the butt fumble game and then tell me if stats tells the whole story. He had decent numbers in the preseason but if you watched the games he was terrible.

18. legler82

Maybe I need to go back and re-read some of these posts. I may have missed something. What did I throw Sanchez in? Isn't this thread already about Sanchez?

I was just starting to get the impression that you were trying to convince me Schitty is a good OC. If so, you could save your key strokes as you would have a better chance of converting me into one of those Sanchez haters before that would ever happen. My opinions on Schitty have include but is not limited to his time with Sanchez. In 09 I would have kept Mangini before keeping Schitty. Just not a fan, sorry.

19. legler82

I concede that Schitty is better than Sparano.

I haven't missed a Jets game (pre, regular or post) in 30 years and half the time I was not in the tri-state area. That's the hate talking; he was not terrible.

20. nyjunc

I properly rate him, you guys underrated him.

2009: good year for a rookie
    2010: top 10 type player
    2011: mid of the pack
    2012: bottom of the pack

Dalton has superior #s, he is not a superior QB. he's been in one system his entire career and has been surrounded w/ elite talent. If mark was on Cincy the last 3 years he'd put up big #s too.

6 games is a lot of games, if he had the one run in 2009 and nothing else I'd agree but he did it over 6 games in 2 postseasons all on the road. he has more road playoff wins under his belt than half the league has in their team's histories.

Rivers was terrible most of that game, the 2 throws highlight that but most of the game he was not good.

Decker took a huge leap from 2010 to 2011 then another huge one to 2012. watch the contract he gets this offseason, he won't be Welker'd

when you are watching highlights it's hard to see. did you watch any of his playoff games? he looked like a guy that didn't belong on an NFL field, that never happened for mark in January.

It's not about putting a team on your shoulders, that is for guys like Brady, peyton, etc... for guys like mark, Dalton, etc... it's about making plays in big games in big spots. mark has shown you can win big w/ him, Dalton has shown you can't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.