Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Show me a Bengal fan who would want Sanchez over Dalton though....

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I generally stay away from the he is better than infinite loop trap. I would say this, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez were able to beat out Dalton in an open competition and visa versa. We're not talking about Tom Brady.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Eli has had some good years, not many but some.

Stephen Hill was more productive w/ mark last year than he was this year w/o him.

Steve Smith was HURT, it is why NYG let him go.

keller played w/ Brett favre too.

Stuckey had 11 recs and 1 TD in 4 games, prorates to 44 and 4 TDs in 16 games. had 63 recs and 1 TD 35 games after leaving NYJ.

yeah when Cotch was YOUNG. he already started to decline. he had his best #s w/ Kellen Clemens in 2007, better than 2008 w/ Brett Favre.

Bennett had more recs, more yds, same # of TDs this year w/ McCown/Cutler than he did last year w/ Eli. In dallas he was playing behind some guy named Jason Witten.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bengals fans have watched Dalton go (0-3) in the playoffs. They also have watched Mark Sanchez, up close and personal, defeat them in their own house 24-14 in the playoffs. So I am sure a few would take Sanchez.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

How do you know Peyton didn't teach his backups anything? The point is that Sanchez can watch how these greats study and prepare. He can learn different techniques, how they read defenses etc.

You think Schotty sucks but Sanchez was progressing under Schotty.

6. nyjunc

bring me a smart Bengal fan and I will show you one. Bengal fans are fed up w/ Dalton, good reg season guy but can't play when it matters most.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Does anyone know if Sanchez holds the NFL record for INTs to defensive linemen?

8. legler82

It's a message board, no one really knows anything; it's just my opinion. I've read stories and heard announcers talk about how Peyton won't let his back-ups get snaps at the end of blowout games same with Brady. They just don't strike me as the type of guys who are spending a lot of time dishing out knowledge to the backup QBs.

Not sure if this is a question but yes. Sanchez did progress but a snail's pace. If he progressed at the rate you would have expected in 3 years, he would not have regressed at the historical level he did in 2012.

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Originally I started this reply to question that it's probably closer than you think, but when I looked at their most recent states it tells a pretty clear tale.

Last season Sanchez had 13 TDs to 18 INTs in 453 attempts
    This season Dalton had 33 TDs to 20 INTs in 586 attempts.

So in 133 additional attempts he only had 2 more INTs but 20 more TDs. Mark also had 9 fumbles to Dalton's 3...in one less game played no less.

Given Dalton works with a vastly superior receiving cast but enough to account for 20 more TDs? He also obviously has better QBR, passer rating, completion percentage yards (by about 1,400) and a number of other things. And that's only looking at this year, if you look at it from a career point of view the numbers are even more staggering when you factor in he's played a year less than Sanchez.

So, yeah, it's fair to say Dalton > Sanchez. I know Dalton has no playoff wins but that's not entirely 100% on him much like our playoff wins weren't 100% entirely on Sanchez.

10. nyjunc

probably w/ the astounding # of 3 in his career including 2 in one game to the same player. he clearly has done nothing but throw INTs to DL.

11. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. The QB is the most important player and usually (if there good) highest paid player on the field. There is a reason for that.

12. nyjunc

all you do is post meaningless #s that aren't apples to apples. You are comparing Mark's #s w/ Chaz Schilens starting and the worst healthy skill talent in the league to Dalton this year w/ arguably the best or at the very least top 3 skill talent in the league.

Cincy w/ zero playoff wins is mostly on Dalton. Their D's have played well enough to keep them in games, Dalton has been horrendous.

13. The 1985er

Stephen Hill in 2012 252 yards 3 TD's 21 receptions
    In 2013 342 yards 1 TD 24 receptions

Eh two mediocre years but his second year is slightly better but that's not saying much.

They let Steve Smith go because of his contract dispute and the emergence of Cruz. If Cruz doesn't exist they don't let go of Smith.

As for Stuckey let's go by your logic. For a number 2 receiver 44 yards is not good numbers. If he was good we don't trade for Braylon.

Cotchery is only 31 years old now. So around that time he was 26. Cotchery was not on the decline he just got hurt. Then he signed to the Steelers who already had Lewis, Sanders, and Wallace in place. When he got his chance this year he produced.

The point is that Bennett who was underachieving and not considered good all of a sudden became a weapon. If he was with the Jets you'd put him in the Chaz/Gates group.

14. nyjunc

Stephen Hill 2012 started 8 games
    2013 started 11

Victor Cruz hadn't emerged in 2010. The giants were on the verge of cutting him and Smith's #s w/ NYG went from 107 recs in 2009 to 48 in 2010. he got hurt that year, his career was never the same. he's still not 30, do you think he'd be out of football if he was healthy?

I am not saying Stuckey was good but he was starting for us and he had his most production for us w/ Mark.

Cotchery declined. How do you explain 82 recs, 1130 yds in 2007 mostly w/ Kellen Clemens compared to 71-858 the next year w/ Brett Favre? His #s were very similar in 2009 w/ Sanchez. he missed 2 games in 2009, if your prorate his recs would have been slightly lower, yards over 100 more.

Bennett got a chance to START and started all 16 games. That is the difference, not the QB.

15. The 1985er

Look at Ryan Mallett in 3 seasons there is no way he hasn't learned at least one thing watching Brady play in games and practice.

The coaches knew Sanchez's shortcomings and hid him as best as they could. When you have a QB like Sanchez it's hard to make him into what he isn't capable of becoming. IMO they did the best they could under the circumstances. They even let him loose and allowed him to throw more and it was a disaster.

16. legler82

Tough crowd. The only ones I would consider truly "bad decisions" were the Ansah pick 6 and letting the clock run out at the half. The almost INT that Winslow broke up and redzone int were inaccurate passes. Even if you believe it was 4 bad decisions out of the 42 passes he attempted instead of 2 how does that equate "terrible"?

17. nyjunc

They threw more b/c they had to, b/c they couldn't run and they did so w/ mediocre weapons in pass game.

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

What happened to Braylon Edwards after he left the jets?
    Edit: never mind I seen your other post.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

#678 mute, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  19. The 1985er

So the year with lesser numbers>the year with better numbers ?

I understood Smith got hurt but the Giants did not want to pay him. They played the same games with Smith as they did with Osi, as they did with Cruz and as they are doing currently with Nicks. If Cruz doesn't emerge in 2011 they don't cut Smith considering that he was productive up to that point.

I guess I can say Schillens was "productive" with 289 yards and 2 TD's right?

I didn't dismiss Cotchcery being productive with Sanchez. So I'm not sure what's your point.

Dallas tried to incorporate him into the offense to copy what NE was doing with Gronk and Hernandez.

20. legler82

Not saying he can't or wouldn't learn anything. I'm just saying that going to a team with a good offensive coaching staff that has a history of developing QBs is "more important" than trying to find a team with an establish QB. Ryan Mallet was drafted by the Pats; he did not electively choose to join the Pats to sit behind Brady with the hopes some of his greatness will rub off.

I don't disagree with this but that doesn't mean Schitty isn't a bad OC. Let me put it this way, our offense was one of the worst this past year yet I still think that MM did a better job than Schitty ever did with the Jets with exception to maybe 06. I'll always give Schitty some credit for 06; he did make some lemonade out of the lemons he had that year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.