Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yep, and when we had GOOD, not great, skill position players he helped us reach 2 title games.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

In the midst of all that sarcasm you make an interesting point. There is this sense out there that Sanchez has ruined the Jets. However, that couldn't be further from the truth when you look at the whole picture.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He was mostly up and down throughout his first 3 years. He wasn't consistent enough then he regressed completely.
    Sanchez himself wasn't even good though.

4. nyjunc

he regressed w/ the worst healthy skill players in the league. Eli Manning was WORSE than Mark 2012 this year and he had Cruz, Nicks and co.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The 1985er, is the new debate that you would take Dalton over Sanchez? Come on, now!

6. The 1985er

Eli was good by every definition of how NFL QB's are judged. Mark was never good and he regressed from being below average to awful.

Eli playing the way he did was inexcusable. The way Mark played in 2012 was also inexcusable. Was it all Eli's fault? No. Was it all Mark's fault? No. But being a bottom 5 QB is never acceptable especially when you are a top 5 pick. When you pick a guy that high you expect a guy to make players around him better. Unlike Sanchez at least Eli has made players around him better. Who is Cruz without Eli? What happened to Steve Smith after he left the Giants? Reuben Randle has the Giants hesitant about resigning Nicks. So yes Eli had a bad year. But he's also had really good years too. Who has Sanchez ever made better?

7. legler82

I think being around a good offensive coaching staff would do more for Sanchez than sitting behind an establish QB. I'd be willing to bet the mental part of his game developed more this year being around MM than it has in the 4 years under Schitty and Sparano. From your list, sitting behind Rodgers would be where I'd go. Greenbay is at the top of the list cause they run the WCO which would he just ran, ran in college and I feel is the best scheme for his skill set. Cincy would be near the top of my list for the same reasons.

8. The 1985er

I would take Dalton over Sanchez because he has shown me that he can play the position better than Sanchez can up to this point. Is Dalton great? No but he's an above average QB and he would be an upgrade over what we have on our roster now.

9. nyjunc

Eli was good this year?

Randle was a 1st rd pick
    Steve Smith got HURT
    I could say what has Braylon done since leaving the Jets? NOTHING but he was hurt.

Eli has had one very good year(2011) and in doing so led his team to 9 wins in a weak division before the D took over in January.

Keller was better w/ mark, before Braylon got hurt he was better w/ Mark than he was in SF. Stuckey was starting and producing here w/ Mark, hasn't done anything since the trade.

since 2009 Cotch had the most recs & yds in 2009 than '10-'13(and he missed 2 games).

10. nyjunc

you'd take Dalton b/c of meaningless #s, give Mark those weapons and his #s would be similar and he'd win meaningful games.

Mark Sanchez is better than Andy Dalton.

11. The 1985er

Most of those teams also have good offensive coaches as well. But I do think Sanchez needs to alter his approach. He needs to sit behind a great QB and soak up as much knowledge as possible. Then sign with a team with a shaky QB situation as a backup and wait for his chance to start.

Schotty was not that bad IMO.

12. nyjunc

I agree w/ this post.

13. legler82

"Good moments" + "some head scratching god awful decisions" = "terrible"

That's some interesting math. I was under the impression he had at maximum only 2 "head scratching god awful decisions". He'd have to very few, if any, "good moments" to equate to "terrible".

14. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Reuben Randle? He was the last pick of the 2nd round...though the point is noted.

15. nyjunc

My mistake, I got him and Wilson confused but Randle is a talent.

16. The 1985er

I never said Eli was good this year. I said he's had really good years. What does Randle being a 1st round pick means? Stephen Hill is a 2nd round pick and he hasn't done anything yet. Steve Smith went to Philly and STL and couldn't stick around and it wasn't like he was old.

Keller played 4 seasons with Mark, then in Miami he got hurt in the preseason. Braylon put up monster numbers in Cleveland playing with Derek Anderson. And what has Sanchez done since Braylon left the Jets? That's right he regressed. As for Stuckey define "produce" because he wasn't a good receiver period and that's why the Jets went out and got Braylon.

3 out of 4 of Cotchery's best seasons were with other QB's.

Eli's receivers were pro bowlers or 1000 yard receivers. Eli made a weapon out of a guy like the underachieving Martellus Bennett and turned him into a weapon.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Do Sanchez fans honestly think he's better than Dalton? LMAO!

18. nyjunc

There is absolutely no doubt. ask a Bengal fan what they think of Dalton today.

19. legler82

Outside of maybe the Saints with Payton, I wouldn't associate the other coaching staffs from your list with QB development. For those teams the QBs double as the OC or assistant OC. Great QBs don't always share the secret to their greatness. You think Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter "soak[ed] up" a lot of knowledge from Manning. That's why it's better for him to focus on the staff rather than the QB. It's not the latter's job to coach up or pass on knowledge to his understudy while it is for the former.

"not that bad IMO" is not a ringing endorsement. As a GM would you entrust the development of your young QB in the hand of Schitty or Sparano?

#659 legler82, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  20. The 1985er

His int to Ziggy Ansah. His other throw that was an int that was broken up by Winslow. His redzone int against the Jags while staring down his receiver, Sanchez letting the clock run out instead of throwing the ball away and taking the 3 points. That last play was a common sense play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.