Top 50 Free Agents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I know he's not an FA, but it sure would be nice if the jets could trade for Kyle Orton.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why trade and have to give up draft picks and/or players? Orton's no better than Hill or McCown, and I'd rather have one of those two over Orton any day.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well, you're certainly entitled to think whatever, but do you really think that with the bad blood between Woody and Revis that it would happen, even if Revis would come back to play for Rex? Besides, we don't need him. Cro wants to retire a Jet, Milliner is developing, and Wilson's a good slot corner. Why screw up the cap?

4. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

yeah he'd look pretty good on our inactives list

5. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

Anyone interested in knowshon Moreno? I think we should let Powell and Goodson go and either sign Moreno or spend a third on rb(like Kadeem carey)

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

Moreno just played the entire season with the most stacked offensive team, and great OLine, and averaged less YPC than Ivory behind no OLine and no offensive talent..

He would want to start somewhere, and I think he sucks.. I would much rather go for McFadden and rotate him and Ivory. He's got serious question marks due to injury, but this team has done real well with injury prone vets these last couple years.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

agree on moreno, definitely a product of soft fronts while d's gear up to stop peyton.
    as far as mcfadden goes, don't we already have the poor mans version of him in goodson? i'd rather draft a guy late and seee what happens with goodson than roll the dice on mcfadden staying healthy

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

I love how Darren McFadden plays when he's healthy. He's much better than Goodson. Goodson is just a speed guy, McFaddens got very good speed, but he's huge and will go to contact. Also, he's a great pass catcher, which is why I think that him and Ivory would be really good together.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

McFadden should have always been a Jet. Stupid Gholston

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

McFadden is almost as much of a bust as gholston. He is never healthy. In 6 seasons he has one year with over 750 yards rushing He has averaged 600 yards and 4 TDs a season. That production from the 4 th pick is awful. At least the Jets moved on from Golston. McFadden continues to tease and disappoint. Pass.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Would anyone be interested in Shonne Greene if the Titans cut him? he had a a very small year and probably wouldnt find a job anywhere else. I think he still has 2 years left but I guess we will see what the Titans do.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Why does everyone think we need a RB?

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have no idea lol

I still don't understand why people think that. We had a solid duo with Powell and Ivory and that was with Ivory battling a hamstring injury all season and him not starting for a bunch of the first games. Bring them both back obviously and let Goodson get healthy. I think those three could potentially be great.

Drafting or going after a RB I feel is a waste of money and space. We need to spend that on other needs like receivers, Db's and lineman.

14. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

If there's a talented RB available we should definitely draft one. It's by no means a need as I was very satisfied with Powell and Ivory. If Goodson never got hurt we'd have seen another dimension added that really could have opened things up.

Late round gems can always be found at that position in the draft. The way that some have advocated drafting a QB every year in the hopes of striking gold - I'd say that theory applies even moreso at RB.

15. Big Blocker

McCown is 34 and considering retirement.

And Orton is better than Hill. Every day.

16. Big Blocker

I love Ivory for his attitude and running style. He is great for that yards after the first hit. But he does have a major limitation in not being a good option for the passing game. It would be great if he improved there, but if he doesn't, as much as I am a fan, the Jets will continue to be limited at running back.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's where Goodson comes in. We didn't have him all season practically. And the time we did, he showed he can do damage in space.

Like I said, I think if we spend money on a RB, I think we are wasting it. We could use it elsewhere. The only guy I would love, if we were to spend the money, would be on Chris Johnson. Pair him with Ivory and that could be scary as all hell

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We are okay at RB at the moment.

19. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Which is alright but with this dysfunctional offense we need guys who can come in and be playmakers. We all laughed at the Panthers for spending so much money on Stewart/Williams/Tolbert but they end up laughing at us by beating us and going 12-4 with a first round bye.

Ivory is a top 10-15 RB and Powell is a fine backup but if one were to get injured we'd turn an average rush attack into a below average one. If Darren McFadden was brought in here maybe a little cheaper than the Steven Jackson contract this RB corpse can be taken to the next level.
    He'll always be an injury risk but Geno and the WR/TEs could develop chemistry while we play RB roulette and reward the hot hand of Run DMC/ Ivory/Powell.

Maybe we just spend a 6th rounder on a RB scouts think could pan out but if Idzik brought in one more RB it'd be nothing but helpful while still having plenty cap space left for extensions and other positions.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

When Ivory went down in week 17 Powell was fine, plus in his brief appearance this year Goodson played well. I'd like to see a full year of those 3 in the backfield.