Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

No sense taking up all those roster spots with 4-5 QB's. I seen enough of Chez and the fan base has moved pass him too. Take a really decent vet, Geno, and a good rookie if one falls to us.

2. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

I hope he gets traded to whatever team we're facing that week.

3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Realistically, he'd have to beat Dalton out for the job, which I don't think he is capable of doing. I'm not a Dalton fan but i'd still take him over Sanchez.

The Bengals are not going to start Dalton all season and then bench him after 1 quarter in the first round of the playoffs for Sanchez like the report kind of hints at.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Get this guy out of here are you kidding me. In his four years as a starter all he did was lead us to the AFCC twice. What a cancer this kid he only has one of the highest QB ratings in the playoffs in history but all he did was hold the Jets back. He only has more playoff wins as Jet than Namath, Pennington, O'Brien, Testeverde and any other Jets QB.

You are right Sanchez has killed this Franchise we have won so many playoffs games and Superbowls without him then we got Sanchez and he brought this team to new lows. How can anyone even want him on the roster he is a disgrace.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Obviously great QBs like Brady and Manning make players around them better but I think we can all agree that through the years Peyton has had by far the better talent to work with which makes a QBs job easier.

Decker was ascending, he was going to be really good no matter who the QB was. Would his #s have been identical? probably not but he was clearly ascending and he'll be well paid this offseason b/c of it.

where are you getting the snap count from?

of course that means he had a bad game, he had a pick that cost them at least a FGA and then another pick that set us up w/ our first TD in a low scoring game. he was leading the hottest team in the NFL and had a bye and a home game, they had not scored less than 20 pts all season long and he led them to 14 w/ the last 7 against a prevent D in almost garbage time. His K missed 2 makeable FGs which would have helped but an O like that doesn't rely on FGs. Rivers was the biggest reason we won.

I don't care what he does elsewhere, I know what he did for us and I will always appreciate that. I am disappointed he never took that next step but hopefully for him he gets that chance somewhere else. I am more concerned about geno progressing now.

if the 2 were new to Cincy Sanchez would easily beat him out, w/ Dalton being the incumbent Mark will not beat him out but he'd likely get a chance to play at some point. mark is a better QB than Andy Dalton.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I know that and you're right. All I hear is how Sanchez is a good QB with a shitty circumstance around him. If Sanchez never gets another shot, the Sanchez supporters are just gonna hang their hats on the 2 AFC championship game appearances. And tell us how if Sanchez was on this team or that team with all that talent he'd take them further. So that's why I want him on a team with a loaded roster, so that way it gives the Sanchez supporters/haters an opportunity to eat crow or get proven wrong.

7. nyjunc

He will get another shot to start at some point. It won't be right away, the best case would be a team like Cincy w/ a shaky QB and big time talent so when that QB fails again he can step in. I don't want to see him go to a bad team just to start, that won't help.

8. The 1985er

All bs aside he really needs to sit behind an established QB like Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, Peyton, Rivers, Brady etc. He needs to watch and learn and pick their brains on what exactly they do to get to where they are today and how they became great. Sitting behind Dalton does nothing for him. I do think Sanchez could be a late bloomer.

9. nyjunc

You can remove Rivers from that list.

It wouldn't be the worst thing if he sat behind a top guy for a year or 2 or maybe took over when they got hurt but going to a place like Cincy where he would get the support of the fans would be huge. if he stepped in for a top guy there's nowhere to go but down, if he comes in for Dalton it would energize the fanbase whereas him playing here drains the fanbase.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You praise Geno on one hand and kill Mark on the other how about you just be consistent.

None of the Sanchez supporters are saying he is Johnny U it is the utter hate for the guy that you display as a Jets fan is amazing. Is this personal that you are unable to admit the guy did some good things here?

When I saw a breakdown in the preseason of Sanchez after he completed 80+ percent of his passes that was negative and ignorant I knew it was more personal with a lot of you or that you are just really fans of other teams.

Sanchez will have had two years in MM system and will better than a JAG free agent if Geno falters and we get a cap friendly deal for Mark.

11. The 1985er

You have a bias for Sanchez I doubt the Cincy fans would react to Sanchez that way at all. In the eyes of most NFL fans Sanchez is a joke. So it's hard to sell a fanbase on Sanchez being the savior. Him going to team with a good/great QB will help him become a better QB by learning from them. Then in 2 years he can go to a team and compete with a shaky QB and resurrect his career that way.

12. nyjunc

You have a bias against sanchez, ask Cincy fans how happy they are w/ their QB? ask them how bad they want ONE playoff win. They saw firsthand in mark's first ever postseason start how well he performed w/ less talent than they have around the QB now.

13. The 1985er

I gave Sanchez the same leeway I'm currently giving to Geno. The difference is that one is a seasoned NFL vet, and the other was a rookie. So in your eyes it's fair to judge them the same?

I give Sanchez credit when it's warranted but IMO there wasn't much to praise about him. I mean his inaccurate passes? His shitty leadership ability? His bad pocket presence ? Poor decision making? But I guess I should ignore all that because he just so happen to be the QB on a team that made 2 straight AFC championship game appearances?

Sanchez was terrible in the preseason btw. The 2013 preseason was a microcosm of his career. Good moments and some head scratching god awful decisions.

14. The 1985er

I'm not biased against him I'm calling it like I see it. If Sanchez played better then there would be no reason for me to dislike him. Cincy fans may not be happy about Dalton but try selling them on Sanchez as the answer. At least Dalton is an above average NFL QB. Which is also too soon to give up on him btw. You Sanchez supporters want us to give Sanchez a chance in his 5th year, but Cincy should give up on Dalton after 3 years?

15. nyjunc

Sanchez was not terrible in preseason, he actually had a good preseason while learning another new system w/o his top Wrs to throw to.

Just stop.

Sanchez through 4 years as a starter had 4 playoff wins, Dalton through 3 years has ZERO and he hasn't faced a team that has advanced beyond the div rd.

Dalton has thrown ONE TD and 6 INTs in 3 games
    sanchez has 9 TDs and 3 INts in 6 playoff games all on the road

Dalton led his O's to 8.7 PPG in 3 playoff games, high of 10
    Sanchez led his O's to 20 PPG, high of 28

Mark has thrown 2 more TDs in 3 different playoff games, MORE than Dalton in 3 playoff games COMBINED.

Dalton threw 2 or more INTs in 2 of his 3 playoff games, mark never threw as many as 2 INTs in a playoff game.

Dalton's 3 INTs at Hou 2 years ago equals mark's total INts in 6 games.

if Mark was their QB they would have playoff wins.

16. The 1985er

In year 1 Dalton threw for 3398 yards and 20 TD's and 13 INT's
    In year 1 Sanchez threw for 2000+ yards and 12 TD's and 20 INT's

In year 2 Dalton threw for 3669 yards 27 TD's and 16 INT's
    In year 2 Sanchez threw for 3000+ yards 17 TD's and 13 INT's

In year 3 Dalton threw for 4293 yards and 33 TD's and 20 INT's
    In year 3 Sanchez threw 3000+ yards and 26 TD's and 18 INT's

Every year Dalton has increased his production and in his last 2 years he's completed 60% of his passes something Sanchez has never done. Is Dalton great? No but he's 26 and has a lot of potential. So to give up on him to bring in Sanchez who wouldn't be an upgrade is downright silly.

And one other thing Dalton not winning playoff games doesn't make Sanchez good.

17. nyjunc

that's great, hos has he done when it matters most?

every year Dalton has got more and more weapons. the weapons he had this year were better than Mark's in 2010 when he had his best weapons and it's not really close. Putting up meaningless #s tells me very little, the fact he could add on garbage time TDs against us to pad stats means nothing. get it done when it matters most, mark has done that and Dalton has not.

ask a Bengal fan how much they love Dalton today?

18. The 1985er

You missed my point. The point is that he's gotten better every year and he's only been in the league for 3 years. So it's not unreasonable to think that Dalton and the Bengals couldn't have success in the future. Once again the Bengals and Jets playoff successes and failures does not mean that Mark is good.

19. The 1985er

Having good skill position players is only half the battle. The QB has to be able to get them the ball.

20. nyjunc

Mark was getting better #s wise every year until 2012 when he had Chaz Schilens starting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.