Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

What does Mexico City have to do with Mark Sanchez?:rolleyes:

2. socaljetfan

JaMarcus Russell hasn't won four road playoff games including beating Manning and Brady back to back. In fact, Russell was a terrible QB who was able to defeat very few teams. He did defeat Mangini and Favre's Jets though, while Rex and Sanchez went to Oakland eating hot dogs and beat them 38-0. Whether Mark is on the team or not I enjoyed watching our run with him as QB and if you didn't maybe you should root for the Raiders- you'll have a never ending supply of players to hate.

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

We were the clear-cut best team in the league until Favre hurt his throwing arm; your's is a dumb argument. As for whether or not the team was "good" or "great"? If you removed QBs from the equation, we had as much talent as any other team in the league in 2010 and 2011 - that's "great" in my book. Unfortunately, we had the worst starting QB in the league.

#603 Unhappyjetsfan, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  4. socaljetfan

Best team in the league that lost to JaMarcus Russell lol. Junc can be a little homerish but the facts are the facts. This team was going nowhere with Favre and Mangini.

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Didn't know Jamarcus Russell was 4-2 in road playoff games with a 97 QB rating.

6. JetsKickAss

Disagree.....Dalton has 3 good WR's, Romo has Dez, Stafford has Megatron.

I'll take Curley over any of those guys.

7. JetsKickAss

And blaming the TEAM, not himself, for the loss. Cincy media calling him on it, comparing his POV to Boomer's and Carson's.

I just will say this: with a decent OC (Schotty) and decent but not great WR's (Edwards, Holmes, Crotchery), there was NOBODY on this site talking about getting rid of Sanchez.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you have no clue what you are watching, you should find another hobby.

of course they would be, they improved w/ Plax out of football for 3 years and in prison. throwing it up for Calvin Johnson would vastly improve his #s.

yes, the key is to get good WRs and RBs. I think are set at RB for a few years, we need WRs/TEs to throw the ball to.

mark Sanchez is not Andrew Luck, he does not have that ability- very few do but yeah T.Y. Hilton is pretty damn good.

Philip Rivers has always been overrated, notice how he played a Sanchez '09 type of game and he finally won a playoff game the other day? in the past they allowed Philip to throw them out of games.

you know GB stayed in the playoff hunt w/ Matt Flynn, right?

when Mark had talent he was very good, as that talent has eroded his play slipped. NO QB could win w/ Chaz Schilens starting.

No we were not, we had a good 3-4 game stretch where we had one great game against Tennessee who would be one and done in the playoffs. Favre was fine down the stretch, he made his living playing through pain. he was making poor decisions as he was most of that season.

we did not have as much talent as any other teams in the league outside of QB. we had one star on the team- Darrelle Revis. our weapons were GOOD not great on offense.

let's look at the weapons of the playoff teams in 2009:

2009 AFC:

1. Ind: Wayne, garcon, Addai, Clark
    2. SD: Jackson, Floyd, LT, Gates
    3. NE: Moss, Welker, Watson, Faulk
    4. Bal: Mason, Clayton, Rice, Heap
    5. NYJ: Braylon, Cotch, Jones/Greene, keller
    6. Cin: Johnson, Coles, Benson, Coats

2010 AFC:

1. Ind: Wayne/Garcon/Collie, Clark/Tamme, Addai/Brown
    2. Pit: Wallace/Ward, Mendenhall, Miller
    3. NE: Welker/Branch, Green-Ellis/Woodhead, Gronk/Hernandez/Crumpler
    4. Bal: Boldin/Mason, Heap, Rice
    5. NYJ: Holmes/Braylon/Cotch, LT/Greene, Keller
    6. KC: Bowe/Chambers, Charles/Jones, Moeaki

KC had a better WR and better Rb than we had but we had more overall.

I am not a homer but before the so called injury that derailed the iron man Favre was outplayed by the following opposing QBs in games:

Matt Cassell
    Jamarcus Russell
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Tyler Thigpen

later after the injury he was outplayed by:
    Shaun Hill
    Seneca Wallace

and played as well as JP Losman

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Calling Rivers overrated because he doesnt have a lot of playoff wins is foolish. You have to get to the playoffs first. That requires good regular season performances. Rivers does that. He's actually got 4 playoff wins, 2 of which have come on the road.

Phillip Rivers has had plenty of good playoff games, and plenty of other games that were on par with Marks performances. He's been to the playoffs more then Mark, been to an AFC Championship game as well. So to call him overrated and Sanchez great is ridiculous and not being consistent

Your giving all the credit to the receivers then and none to the actual QB. So I guess all teams should realize that it's a mistake to pay QB's boatloads of money, all that money should then go to the receivers.

So you think if Mark had TY Hilton we would be talking about him differently? Come on lol. There is a reason guys like Eric Decker weren't very productive, then all of a sudden Peyton Manning comes to Denver, oh wow look how good Eric Decker is.

Not all receivers in the NFL have the talent that a select few like Calvin Johnson, Jones, Green, Fitzgerald have. The guys in Green Bay, Indy, and San Diego are a great example. There capable players who have a really good QB throwing them the ball. Saying that for example if we had TY Hilton on the Jets Mark Sanchez would be ok is stupid. He's the type of player who needs a good QB to help him do what he does. Your giving to much credit to guys who aren't as good as their numbers would make them out to be. And it shows a lot of the time when they switch teams.

Why do you think Greg Jennings numbers dropped off in Green Bay?

10. nyjunc

SD was widely regarded as the most talented team in the AFC(if not the NFL) from about 2005-2010. Not being able to win w/ that team says a lot about the QB who always came up small in big games. he always made the big mistake, his only title game app came when he got hurt and his backup came in and led SD to the GW TD.

You THINK Rivers has had plenty of good postseason games b/c he has some nice yardage/TD totals but in reality he has had very few w/ Sunday's game being one of them.

Decker took a bigger leap w/ Tebow in 2011 than he did in 2012 w/ Peyton. he was an ascending talent long before Manning got there. It's comical the way people like to pretend Manning made these players. I heard that about reggie Wayne too then w/ garbage at QB in 2011 he had almost 1,000 yds and w/ a rookie Luck he had his 2nd most yards and 3rd most recs but it was all Peyton!

Jennings had 36 recs in 2012 in GB, he only played 8 games so prorate that to 16 games and he would have had 72. he ended up w/ 68 in Minnesota this year w/a dysfunctional offense. he also average a yard and a half more per rec this year.

11. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

And the years prior to the injury year Jennings had that your talking about he had much more yardage and more production because the QB knew how to get him the ball down field. Not like in Minnesota where a bad QB couldnt get him the ball in space. Therefore his overall production tailed off some.

Decker went from 40 something receptions with Tebow to almost 90 with Peyton. Come on.

I don't think Rivers has had plenty of good games because of his stats. You keep saying that and its an incorrect statement your making time and time again. I use advanced metrics that judge players based on how productive they are. Rivers has had some very productive post season games where he played really well. Even the Jets game in 09 he wasn't bad. Didn't play to his standards but it wasn't a terrible game he played. He certainly outplayed Mark.

12. nyjunc

He did but from 2012 to 2013 the production was similar despite playing w/ a MUCH better QB in 2012. By the way, Jennings didn't really explode until Rodgers became the QB and he played his first 2 years w/ Favre. His #s have been going down for years, I get your point but that wasn't a good example.

Decker went from 6 to 44, that's a bigger jump than 44 to 85 in terms of %s and he had 8 TDs w/ him. Peyton is not an idiot, he saw the young talent on O in Denver. of course he makes those guys better(and they make him better too) but he has never dealt w/ the talent Brady had in 2006 or this year.

The Jet game in 2009 he was terrible, the game was won at QB. Ours didn't make the big mistake, Rivers did. Rivers won us that game.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Everything I described is exactly what happened.
    Maybe you need to watch the game again.

I guess when you have no bullets, you might as well throw the gun.

#613 truthbtold, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  14. nyjunc

you clearly don't know what you are watching, he was very good that day. Not every good game needs to have a 300 yd pass day or multiple TDs. He executed the gameplan, when called upon to make plays he made them, he helped us win and advance to the title game. we had a lead, we didn't throw after the Greene TD or his #s would have looked better but who cares? he was a key player in helping us get to that Title game whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

15. JetsKickAss

BREAKING.....Peter King says Cincy wants 'veteran to backup Dalton, esp. with proven playoff experience."

Cincy talk radio talking up Sanchez to backup Dalton during regular season and then relieve him during playoffs if he starts like crap again next year.

16. nyjunc

that would be a PERFECT spot for him.

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Your right, Jennings probably isnt the best example of a player whose play significantly declined after going from a good QB to a bad one. I just think your giving to much credit to the receivers and not the actual QB. He's got to play the game as well.

Decker did go from 6 to 44 but he only played 140 snaps in 2010, then he played 996 in 2011. For a guy who saw 800+ more snaps thats not all that great of a jump. Either way when you see that many more snaps your production is bound to make a jump, and probably a fairly significant one.

But in 2012 he saw 1100 snaps in Mannings first year (much closer to the 996 he saw with Tebow) and caught 85 balls, then basically repeated that production this year.

Rivers absolutely lost them that game with the pick to Leonard, and Sanchez made a big play to give the Jets the lead. But I don't think that means that overall Phil had a bad game. Did he choke? I guess you can call it that but his overall body of work in that game was better then Mark's.

This argument isn't really going to be settled until we see what he can do on a different team. Cincinatti would be an interesting place for him to go because the talent is there for any QB who is any good to succeed.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I hope thats where Sanchez lands, would be perfect him.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

So let me get this right. Now his loyal fans are saying the Bengals need Mark to back up Dalton and then relieve him in the playoffs. And that Cincy fans want Sanchez and are even talking him up. I know they're desperate but come on man. I guess the thinking (of his fans, nobody else) is that Mark is a winner and can lead them to greener pastures in the playoffs. This time I hope you're right. I just want him out of here.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I want to see this happen. If he fails I don't wanna hear any excuses. If he succeeds I'll be the first to give him props.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.