Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

b;ah blah blah and im sure you're like the assitant GM of an NFL team or something
    wow mark was talking with his teammates! wow!
    You mean mark showed up and held a clipboard and didnt pout about it? And all he was getting was liek 12 million dollars?! what a trooper!

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you may want to watch the games,

3. jerseyjay14

:: crickets ::

4. jerseyjay14

I did... i watched our run game control the clock and keep field position while eventually busting out some big plays and finding the endzone... i saw our run game keep the opposing offense on the sideline... i saw the run game keep our defense fresh enough to hold the opponents to 16 points or less.

What I did not see, was sanchez do much of anything.

5. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Honestly i was on the Sanchez train all the way up until the butt fumble (as many of us were) .. i hated him you hated him we all hated him. but truth is if he goes somewhere else and gets a shot i think he'd be pretty good. we ruined mark. his offense regressed badly and so did he. yes he was always turnover prone BUT he could win games. His playoff wins (even losses) and 4th qt comebacks all proved it to me. Last 2 seasons we were awful (and still are this year) at the skill positions. Idk what QB could prosper with a 2.5 second pocket and WRs that didn't even look like they were trying to run NFL routes. He lost confidence in himself as the team and fans lost confidence in him. A new start for sanchez i think he can win a starting gig somewhere else like JAX, MIN, TB, or OAK.

6. jerseyjay14

i dont think he can win the backup spot for most of those teams. He has a really low chance of catching on with a bad team with bad QBs. those teams are looking for upgrades. that would be like us looking to sign a QB who was terrible elsewhere like Blaine Gabbert or something. bad teams want clear upgrades, not someone elses failure. He would have a much better shot with a good team with great WRs/Defense/Run game who thinks they can get away with mediocure to poor QB play and still win

he just isnt a good player. he had some good games, some big moments. but he just needed to be carried and put in perfect spots for the most part to succeed. and over time that just yields really bad resutls, which we saw.

the 2 most important things to be a decent qb in the league are to not turn it over and to have at least decent accuracy(or execute accuracy). he is poor in both of those areas. he could go somewhere with a better oline, better wideouts, better tight ends... but it wont make him more accurate or less turnover prone. and thats why he will never catch on somewhere and turn hsi career around. he has proven to be awful over 4 years. its not like he had 1 bad year and it might be a fluke

#546 jerseyjay14, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  7. nyjunc

the difference in that game was at QB, Rivers tried to do too much, Mark did not. Mark made big plays, Rivers made big mistakes. Notice a different Rivers yesterday?

we were winning when he broke that TD, how do you know we don't finish off that drive w/ a TD anyway? great run but we didn't run it well the rest of the game.

we scored 24 and were trying to run out the clock the entire 4th qtr, if we kept throwing we would have scored 40+.

everything is easy until you actually have to do it, Dalton despite much better reg season #s and better talent around him can't win a playoff game.

we got lucky Peyton choked again and he made the mistake of allowing Mark Sanchez almost a minute to win it which he and the pass O did.

he was HUGE in all 4 playoff wins- HUGE.

again, outside of that one run the run game was not good. I understand for someone that doesn't understand the game you think you need to throw for 300 yds to have a good game but mark was very good that day. we don't win a/o him.

yep, it was mark who blew late leads at Miami, vs. Jax and vs. Atl. :rofl:

who said anything about great? the last 2 SBs were won w/o great QBs, there are only a few great QBs in this league.

when the TD was 2 yards how does he lose 45 yds off his total and a TD?

he played well in all of our playoff games including a GW drive on the road in one of them, I would call that clutch. I guess you'd prefer an Andy Dalton. Tony Romo type. Andy did have over 300 yards!

I never have but they cannot combat the actual quotes so they make stuff up.

you may want to go back and ACTUALLY watch the games rather than looking at a boxscore and thinking that is what you saw.

8. jerseyjay14

The difference in the game was our defense and run game. Our defense held rivers and their pass game in check. They forced mistakes.

also, mark didnt choose to "not do to much" our coaching staff wouldnt let him do too much. he also didnt "make big plays" he made 1 big play. and if you take that away like you want to take the big run away then mark was 11-22 for 55 yards. thats non exsistant.
    we dont need a crystal ball. we DID break that TD. you can imagine it didnt happen but that isnt reality.

you keep bringing up andy dalton. who cares about him? he is an average NFL QB. and im sure if his run game gave him 170 yards and his defense held the opponent to 14 points he'd have a playoff win

9. jerseyjay14

without the 45 yard play to keller:

11-22 55 yards, TD, 2.5 YPA.

horrible. but you wont acknowledge that and only want to show what the run game would look like without its 1 big play. you know, because you have nothing to stand on if you do so.

now you are going to tell us that 2.5 YPA is somehow better then 3.2 YPC. or that 55 pass yards doesnt matter because you dont need 300 passing yards to have a good day

just stop it man. you are being completely idiotic and just trolling at this point

10. jerseyjay14

you are the one who needs to watch the games.... hell you just told us how mark was big in the game winning drive vs. Indy. he was non exsistant and required a great catch on his horrible throw by edwards for us to win it.

that drive:

-Cromartie has a great return, bringing it to the 46 after taking it from a few yards deep into our endzone.

-sanchez completes a 9 yard pass to edwards.

-sanchez completes a pass to a wide open holmes who shook his defender who wasnt within 5 yards of him

-2 yard run

-sanchez throws a horrible underthrown duck that edwards has to make a circus catch to bring down

- folk nails the game winner.

so you want to credit sanchez for that, but not once mentioned the 50 yard kick return, the circus catch by edwards, or the clutch FG. or our WR's getting wide open that entire drive.

sanchez did nothing, and almost screwed us with that throw to edwards

11. nyjunc

give us Rivers and we don't win b/c he would try to force things. Notice anything different about him yesterday? he was outstanding only throwing for 128 yds.

Mark was a ROOKIE and yeah the gameplan wasn't for him to throw 40 times but he still could have taken foolish chances like Rivers did. The passing #s were very similar until Greene's run when we stopped passing.

Dalton is the perfect example, good #s guy, can't get it done when it matters like Romo, Schaub, younger Rivers(let's see if he can keep this up), etc...

he was relevant in all 4, made big plays in each to help his team win.

what one sanchez pass? the pass for the TD was 2 yds, I think his longest pass was 15 yds that day so how is he losing 45 yds and a TD?

Now I see, you are confusing the 2 games. The keller pass was at Cincy, the 100 yds passing was at SD. if you take the Keller TD away from him at Cincy he is still 11-14(79%), 137 yds. also if Braylon catches that perfect bomb he would have been 13-15(87%), 223 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 158.3 rating

12. nyjunc

so what? the great Peyton Manning at HOME got the ball near midfield w/ MORE time remaining and couldn't get a chip shot against Pitt 2005.

The Sanchez pass down the sideline to Edwards was PERFECTLY executed. I think we can stop discussing football at this point based on your comments about that pass.

13. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Conversation over. I guess we know what the 14 stands for.

14. jerseyjay14

of course we would have won. and he wouldnt have needed to force anything because our running game was getting it done, there was balance. hell we probably blow them out with rivers and he likely doesnt go 12-23 since he is extremely more accurate. there is 0 chance we lose with rivers. however, put sanchez on SD, and force him to make throws vs. that jet defense with little run game and he likely throws 4 picks

no he wasnt and no he didnt. pretty much every single NFL qb would have ode the same(or likely much better)

15. jerseyjay14

in other words:

you know you are wrong and are no longer going to defend the position that getting paid 12 million dollars to hold a clip board and not cry about it is not some great act of professionalism.

point taken

16. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

14 I'm pretty sure is how old you are, or at least your reading / socializing level.

Come back when you can have a conversation with adults.

17. nyjunc

so why haven't those other guys won as much despite playing on better teams and playing home games?

Rivers would always panic in big games, he didn't yesterday b/c they didn't let him throw much which was brilliant. Next week he will have to throw more to beat that high powered O but if he doesn't try to do too much he can win but the 2009 version which did try to do too much would have lost it for us.

18. jerseyjay14

peyton manning failing in 2005 doesnt make what mark sanchez did remarkable. a great QB choking is completely independant of what mark did. it has no bearing on it. Just like brady coming up big in the clutch several times has no bearing on it.

Sanchez did next to nothing on that game winning drive, and rightfully should get next to no credit for it. Cromartie made a huge play, edwards made a huge play, folk made a clutch kick. thats were the credit goes
    perfectly executed? a horrible duck that edwards needed to make a circus catch on is "pefect execution"? maybe on edwards part. marks horrible throw almost cost us there

19. nyjunc

who said it was remarkable? in order to succeed you don't need to do the impossible but he led a big time drive on the road w/ our season on the line. Stop acting like he did nothing.

you may want to watch again:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011010800/2010/POST18/jets@colts#menu=highlights&tab=recap

20. jerseyjay14

because their defenses didnt hold opponents to 14 points and their run games didnt give them 160+ yards. it isnt difficult to win when your defense and run games give you that kind of performance.

how many times has sanchez won in the playoffs when the team has rushed for less then 100 yards or allowed more then 24 points?

really? he has had some outstanding playoff performances.

he threw for 3 touchdowns in a win on the road against Indy in '06, against a heavily favored colts team

he threw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns against the steelers the following yet in pittsburg.

he has had some bad performances and some mediocure ones as well. but this he panics in big games stuff simply has no basis. He has played outstanding at times in big games and not so well in others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.