Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You are wasting everyone's time and losing respect I had for you as a decent poster. I don't know why you keep pushing this subject. You keep sounding worse and worse. Kind of sad. Obviously you watched the game right? Starting to sound like you didn't .

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I watched the game. If you pay attention to the discussion I'm asking a question based on junc's logic.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

See, I think this is terrible logic. And I doubt that teams truly construct their rosters in such a fashion that it only allows you to win a certain type of way.

The teams with the excellent Qbs can win any type of way.

4. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

agree, sign schaub,

draft murry, mccaren or metzinburger In the 3rd

5. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

You like to blame guys like Cutler for his D not being able to stop Rodgers....

Its not his fault we couldnt run the ball, but he couldnt throw it in either. Be fair. He's lucky he didnt throw a pick. He played well that game and that loss isnt on him but your so quick to place blame everywhere else for a particular moment or drive or outcome that I figured you should go back and remember that.

If the running game was failing this franchise QB big moment, big money player, well, he had a chance with the ball in his hands to make a play. He threw it right into the defenders chest...

#525 kevmvp, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  6. NewYorkEveryThing

Yes ! He needs a fresh start !

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

who cares what he was asked to do? would you prefer the D allow 30 pts and he has to score 30+? which he probably would have done but they got conservative w/ the lead. The bottom line is he made plays for us to win.

yep, we tried to run from the start.

1st qtr: 8 attempts, 25 yds, 3.2 YPC

2nd qtr:
    1st possession, 8 yd run then 39 yd run. great job
    next possessions: 1st down run for 2, 2nd down run loses 4. 3rd and 12 complete 14 yd pass, next play45 yd TD

next possession: runs of 0, 3 and -1

2nd half, we had game in control so we ran it more but up 14-7 on huge 3rd and 6 at Cincy 25 we threw a 16 yd pass to set us up inside 10.

Minus that one great possession w/ the 8 yd run and 39 yd run Jones and Greene averaged 3.6 YPC the rest of the game.

at SD:

1st half:
    1st qtr:
    1st poss: 2 runs, 1 yd. 3 and out
    2nd poss: 1 run, 5 yds. 3 and out
    3rd: 3 runs, 7 yds 3 and out

minus the 53 yd TD Jones and Green averaged 3.2 YPC

mark made huge plays. Trailing 7-3 at their 23 completed a 3rd and 10 pass for 15 yds to help get us near midfield. w/o that pass we aren't punting near midfield. Know what happened next? we pinned SD inside their 5, after that Rivers tried to do too much and we picked him setting up the go ahead TD where Mark made an outstanding play on 3rd and G to keep the play alive on the move then made a GREAT throw to keller for the TD.

But I understand, he didn't have 300 yds passing like Andy Dalton so it's hard to tell how well he played.

Those people don't, the media info trickles down to fans. they know what they are dealing with, you will see people tell us certain players are great b/c of #s. many of the "experts" don't even watch these games. If you are lucky enough to talk w/ people in the league ask them about mark.

I liked Dalton coming out, he's been a good reg season QB but if you can't get it down in January who cares? mark Sanchez gets the win w/ that team.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

can't find a way w/o the ball in his hands.

Isn't it amazing that Cutler's teams are always expected to make the playoffs and never do? Cutler had matt Forte DOMINATING that GB game, something that has NEVER happened for Mark in a big game like that.

mark did throw well at Pitt, well enough to bring us back w/in a score and give us a chance. He COULD have and SHOULD have made more plays. It's why I think ben was better despite the huge difference in #s, Ben made more plays to win. That is all I care about.

Mark only had 2 plays in that GL situation, neither getting him on the move which would have been smarter. we either should have run another play or passed another play.

either way if we score the TD and pull w/in 24-17 do you think the D gets a stop? they couldn't at 24-19, why would they have at 24-17?

9. The Uniform Bomber

Yeah..but..it was cold outside.

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

He wasnt really good. he did ok. He wasnt asked to do anything and he didnt. I didnt say he was bad, but he was completely carried by the defense and running game. I think 99 times out of 100 any NFL QB could have and would have done what sanchez did.
    right, so long game breaking touchdowns, one that basically won the game for us in SD, lets just ignore that because it "skews the stats". give me a break, we rushed for over 100 yards on a 4 ypc clip even without those 2 runs.

its easy to be "near flawless" when you are only asked to throw the ball like a dozen times. he wasnt flawless. flawless is driving your team up and down the field all game and putting the ball in the endzone several times. like SD, he was aske dot do nothing, and did nothing.
    game winning drive? you mean the one where cromartie ran it back to like mid field and braylon edwards made a great catch and folk nailed a super clutch kick? that drive? sanchez didnt really do all that much on that drive.... you know what was clutch? holding the colts to 16 points including keeping them out of the endzone on the colts final drive so that a FG would win us the game.

no, he was a complete non factor in 3 of the games. in fairness, he wasnt terrible in those games, but he did nothing in them and wasnted asked to becuase the coaching staff identified that if you ask him to throw the ball against good teams you are probably going to lose.

the defense and run game and special teams carried us in those wins. outside of new england mark did nothing.
    lol... so running for 170 yards including a 53 yard game changing run by greene while sanchez threw for 100 yards doesnt count as "the run game carrying the offense"

dude, you are hopeless when it comes to sanchez.

11. jerseyjay14

no, he didnt help us... in fact, he was almost the sole reason we missed the playoffs entirely with his horrific regular season play throwing away games with pick after pick after pick.

then he watched his teamates go out and win playoff games for him while the coaching staff smartly handcuffed him not allowing him to throw the ball because of how terrible he was.

12. jerseyjay14

exactly, if he were a great QB our running game not doing much wouldnt have been a big issue. but he isnt. he is an awful qb. he played well that game. they didnt lose because of mark. just like they didnt win because of mark in 3/4 of those playoff wins we had with him at QB.

we had an outstanding defense, special teams, and running game. we had a terrible QB. it was smart of our coaching to prevent mark from throwing and losing games for us. unfortunetly, when we needed our qb to win because the defense or run game didint hold up, we didnt have one.

13. jerseyjay14

So in other words, if you remove our biggest runs and touchdowns, the run game didnt play well.

if you ignore all the incompletions mark had, and ignore that he made almost no plays, mark played at a montana levle.

if you completely ignore defense. then our defense wasnt a factor.

brilliant!

you are riddiculous. you take away the 1 bgi play from the run game. how about we take away the 1 big play from the passing game to be fair? if you do so then sanchez was:

11-22 for 55 yards 0 touchdowns

#533 jerseyjay14, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  14. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Are all of your 2000 posts this loaded with bullshit?

Seriously, you are not all knowing. You probably don't work in the football world, No less any one's personnel department. You have no idea what impact mark has as a teammate.

There are many times throughout the season the camera showed mark on the sideline with Geno and Garrard talking through plays.

Even when Mark was benched last season he didn't go and cry himself in the corner. He stood with what little dignity he had left and took notes and followed the play calls with a headset and clipboard.

15. The 1985er

But he's clutch junc he's clutch.

16. The Uniform Bomber

In the year 2020, Junc et al will be at a bar somehwere, still reminiscing about Sanchez's two Playoffs appearances 10 years prior.

They'll be buying rounds for the Tebots who, actually, are already at that very bar, as we speak.

17. The 1985er

Let's remove the first Bills and Pats games from 2012 from his stats because they clearly "skewed" his numbers.

18. jerseyjay14

minus the 45 yard TD that Sanchez had and he averaged 2.5 YPA

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't think junc ever said Mark was an excellent QB though. So I don't see the point in bringing that up. The Jets were a defense-first team in 2009 and 2010. Heck, they clearly still are. Mark played well enough to get them into the Super Bowl that day. That was the point. The defense let the team down. It was actually really impressive to watch the offense fight back like they did that day. The Jets lost as a team that day, just as they won as a team in the 4 playoff wins and lost as a team in Indy the year before.

The debate started by saying Mark held the team back from reaching the Super Bowl. His play in those championship games says otherwise. That is my point. It is not that hard to see.

20. jerseyjay14

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SD playoff game 39 carries, 169 rush yards
    Cin playoff game 41 carries 171 rush yards
    ind playoff game 38 carries 169 rush yards
    NE playoff game 29 carries 130 rush yards

yea, mark never had any dominating rushing performances in big games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.