Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he didn't have a chance to, never got the ball back w/ a chance to tie/take the lead.

knock off the nonsense, if you can't keep up bow out w/ dignity instead of coming up w/ nonsense like this. You are better than that.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

mark sanchez is terrible. it has been proven time and time and time again. why are we still debating this? there is like a 1000 page thread. its clear 1 or 2 delusional sanchez lovers are just going to suck him off to no end regardless of reality.

he was the worst qb in football during his time with us, which thankfully, will end soon. And he is the worst starter in NFL history to start 4 straight seasons.

why anyone would want him back is lunacy. there are 40 or 50 better qbs in the league and 7 or 8 better then him in every draft

3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

What did this turn into?

I thought we were talking about Mark Sanchez and being a Jet in 6 months.

4. nyjunc

and yet w/ less talent he won 4 road playoff games while supposedly superior QBs like Andy Dalton can't even win at home.

5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

It's not clear, The only people who think this a clear cut and dry decision are the delusional ones. The reality is it actually might make sense to bring him back on a last chance to get something from the investment.

Right now you're all suggesting we pay money to get rid of him. He's worth nothing in a trade because he's coming off surgery and has ~12 mil due to him.

What I'm suggesting is we let him come back to compete for less money. If it works out in even the slightest way. His trade value sky rockets ( from nothing to something ) based on his proven ability to face adversity and his now unbloated contract.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

You credit him with getting us back in the game except when he couldn't then it's the defense fault? This is your logic.

7. The 1985er

I hope he beats out Geno. Then in the offseason we get Maclin, Pettigrew and Nicks and draft Watkins. So we know for sure how good he could be with weapons.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Mark also had it first and goal in that game and couldn't punch the ball in the end zone. Matter of fact he threw what very easily could have been a pick right into the linebackers chest on 3rd down. He got extremely lucky as Big Ben had trouble with the snap when Pitt took over and the Jets got a gift safety.

I'm not one to make any game about 1 drive or 1 play because that doesn't make or break a player. But since we are talking about how Mark didn't get the ball back and placing blame on the D thats something to remember.

9. jerseyjay14

sanchez didnt win 4 road playoff games. the team did. thats what happens when you have an elite defense and running game.

SD - mark throws for 100 yards, we rushed for more yards then we passed for, defense held the opponent to 14 points and forced 2 turnovers

Cin - mark throws for 180, we rushed for more yards then we passed for(again), defense held the opponent to 14 poitns and forced 2 turnovers

Ind - mark throws for 189, we rushed for 164. we held peyton mannings offense to 16 points.

NE - sanchez was great.

so in 3 of those "wins" the defense held the opponents to 16 points or less, created turnovers and we rushed for more yards then we passed for. sorry if im not putting mark in the joe montana hall of great playoff winners with that kind of stuff.

the truth is, the jets didnt let mark throw because they knew it would result in turnovers and a loss. they ran and played defense and won because of that. mark played little or no role 3/4 of those wins.

Give andy dalton 180 rushing yards and let his defense hold the opponent to 14 points and he'd win plenty

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

looks to me like a diaper change and nap time and then early wake up from the nap so had to go back and get him/her to sleep again.

11. jerseyjay14

no, its not worth it. it is never worth it to have the biggest turnover machine in football on your team. He is going to do nothing but stunt the growth of everyone around him on offense, create turnovers putting the defense in a terrible position, and turn the fanbase on the team. he also likely gets rex ryan fired, since we'd have a terrible season with him under center.

he isnt good as a starter(turnover machine/terrible player)
    he isnt good as a backup(distraction with 0 ability to mentor younger players)
    He isnt good as 'competition' because he is awful

we need to bring in someone who isnt a turnover machine and who might be able to work with younger guys as we have geno and will likely draft another qb this year or in the near future.

His salary is irrelevant. he is never going to raise his value, every game he plays lowers it because he isnt good and turns it over tons. he is likely worth more now with any kind of uncertainty around him then removing doubt by playing terrible football

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

This is so obvious. I can't fathom how many peeps fail to recognize this and/or acknowledge it.

Instead, you get responses (i.e. pathetic excuses) about the freezing temperature. It's laughable.

13. nyjunc

he DID get us back in the game.

it's his fault we couldn't run the ball?

we did get lucky w/ the safety on the botched snap and came right back and scored a TD to pull w/in a score. We had plenty of time and didn't even have to try an OS kick, our D couldn't get a stop.

you show how little you know when you post such nonsense. He was really good at SD but to average fans you need to throw for 300 yds, I guess you were impressed w/ Andy Dalton and his MORE TALENTED team yesterday at HOME?

in both the SD and Cincy games one long run skewed the overall #s, we did NOT run the ball well for the majority of those games. at Cin he was near flawless w/ just 3 incompletions w/ 2 of them being drops including what would have been a long TD to Braylon.

so a GW drive on the road in the playoffs is not a big deal? in a very similar situation at home Peyton failed back in 2005 w/ MUCH more talent around him.

I didn't say Mark willed us to wins but he was a huge factor. The D was factor #1 but you can have a great D if you can't score what difference does it make? Cincy's D was pretty good yesterday, they didn't lose b/c of their D. You need quality QB play to win which is what Mark gave us.

The ONLY game where the run game kind of carried the O was at Indy 2010 but w/ the game on the line we needed the pass game to make plays and that is exactly what happened.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Terrible logic. That is not how the team was built. The team was built to be led by the defense. They completely flopped at Pittsburgh. It is that simple. Blaming Mark or the offense would be laughable.

15. nyjunc

It was a cold weather, low scoring defensive battle much like GB-SF yesterday. if you don't think the conditions and the quality of the D had anything to do w/ it you clearly don't have a clue.

Our supposed elite D(though it has rarely played like one) was pushed around all first half putting us into a huge hole. The D played better in the 2nd half,. the O scored pts and we were w/in a score after trailing 24-0 which was miraculous to begin with then our "elite" D allowed not one but TWO first downs and the game was over. If that happens in Den-Bal last year Bal doesn't win a SB.

16. The 1985er

Okay he got us back in the game I wished he could've won it. After all he's mr clutch, and he's an awesome playoff QB right?

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'm not looking at number alone, i'm looking at being efficient. Sanchez played well in Cincy, but he wasn't asked to do a lot. If you dont realize that you dont understand what your watching.

The Jets ran the ball almost 40 times against the Bengals, and they did it right from the get go. Your trying to give the impression that Sanchez came out, took care of business early and the Jets coasted with their running game and gave Mark a break. Not the case. The Jets ran the ball from the get go and Mark succeeded in doing what he was asked to do playing off the run.

San Diego, he was brutal. Same formula the Jets used running the ball almost 40 times again. He went 12-23 for 100 yards. The defense bailed him out with a huge pick on Rivers to set them up with great field position. He finally did something positive that game and threw a TD to Keller. He also completed a big third down pass to J-Co late in the 4th if I remember correctly. But thats basically it. That's all he did, and your calling it a great game?

Btw if I don't understand what i'm watching then the majority of the people who work in and cover the sport don't clearly understand what they are watching either. It's just you and a select few I guess.

I'm not an Andy Dalton fan so that argument gets thrown right out the window. He's another guy who isn't very efficient. If I was just a numbers guy I would love him. But i'm not. So I don't. Not yet it least, he has to improve his consistency. I actually figured you would love Dalton cause he's young and is always in the playoffs, so his actual performance week to week in the regular season shouldn't really matter.

I figured you'd take him over a Cutler or Stafford any day :rofl:

18. nyjunc

he wasn't given a chance, I wish our D would have given him that chance the way Bal's D gave Flacco the chance at Denver last year.

19. The 1985er

So the offense gets a pass for not scoring? That's absurd.

20. The 1985er

But he's mr clutch he had to find a way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.