With the 18th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Axel3419, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Its based on strength of schedule and not playoff tiebreakers.

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I Like Him

Think he will be a stud in the pro game. He big has enough jiggle and can flat out run over you when needed. With him and Ivory they can wear down a defense in the 4th quarter.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Count me among those opposed to going TE in the first round. I actually like Cumberland and think he has potential if he can stay healthy, people forget the guy is only 26 years old too.

We desperately need a playmaking WR and we have for years. Who was the last offensive guy we drafted that we can all honestly agree was a blue-chip, playmaking prospect coming out of college? I think the most reasonable answer to that is Santana Moss, who we drafted in 2001.

2001! 13 goddamn years ago. Are you kidding me? And people wonder why we've had one of the most unwatchable offenses in the league the last few seasons?

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think the Jets go in one of three directions.

1. WR - Watkins/Evans/Lee
    2. TE - Ebron/Amaro
    3. FS - ClintonDix

5. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

yup, if all holds one of these men will be jets.

6. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'd rather see Ebron or Amaro rather then a receiver or a RB. These days its the big pass catching TE's who create mismatches with the lb's that can really help out a qb. Did anyone see Ebron hurdle that guy in the bowl game? I'd love to see him in the green and white.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Watkins and Evans will be gone. If Ebron is somehow gone I want Clinton-Dix. Yeah, I know defense again. Thing is he is really, really good.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If they bring back Bradford, then they will take the lineman.,

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Last week, I mentioned Clinton-Dix as a possibility for Pittsburgh or the Jets. I didn't watch the bowl game. I don't know if he played well last night.

10. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

I want Johnny Manziel.

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think he's got a girlfriend...

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm cool with that. I think those are three of our four biggest areas of need (OLB being the fourth, but Barnes was doing well before he got hurt so he might even fill that slot nicely).

Honestly, my ideal situation is getting one of Ebron/Amaro in the first (assuming the higher end WRs are already gone) and then the best available WR in the second and then picking up both a FS and an OLB in the 3rd. After that anybody we add is just gravy.

13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I would be happy with a DB in the first as long as we grab WR/TE/WR with our other 3 top 80 picks :)

14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Heck maybe we should go WR in the 4th round since we have a good history in that round lol

15. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I dont think clinton Dix is worth of the 18th pick he is far from earl thomas. imo no way mike evans sammy watkins and marquise lee r all gone at 18th 1 of them gonna slide so its an easy choice. Unless khalil mack or anthony barr slide to us i dont see any other direction.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm starting to like the idea of Manziel more and more,if he's still available do we take him?,its a pipe dream at best every mock has Browns taking him at num 4

#196 LongIslandBlitz, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's an extraordinary wild card in the whole process. Nobody really knows where he's going at this point unless one or more teams is infatuated with him and there's no good way to divine that.

Texas A&M went 8-4 this year with him and Mike Evans in the mix. If you look at the LSU game you could very easily be seeing what Johnny Manziel will look like in the NFL with very good players lined up against him on every down.

It's just a very tough call.

I think the best situation for him by far is that he drops to the mid 20's and a very good organization with a good QB takes him and starts the Aaron Rodgers process in motion. Then in a few years he steps on the field after a lot of learning running the scout team and watching the NFL game and turns into a major star.

I think the worst situation for him will be getting thrown onto the field as a rookie. He may beat the odds and prosper, even in Cleveland, but he's no guarantee and if he flames out it will be ugly to watch.

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

right, cause josh gordon, calvin johnson, aj green... those guys dont cause mismatches

19. jetemp

jetemp New Member

For WR, Sammy Watkins will be long gone. I'd take Marqise Lee if he's still there at 18 but I find it hard to believe he will be. If both are gone I'd wait and try to get Paul Richardson or Allen Robinson in the second. Really like Richardson as a deep threat. Not that impressed with Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin. Both are big but not very fast and just happen to have had heisman winners throwing to them. I don't think either is really that good.

Really think it's important to get a good FA WR. Can't afford to wait a year for a rookie to develop.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

How far would our 3rd round Revis pick move us up in the 1st round if Idzik wants to play leap frog?

If it meant walking away with Watkins or Dix would it be worth it?