Code's Jets Mock 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, Jan 3, 2014.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Round One- Marquise Lee WR, USC

Round Two-Gabe Jackson G, Miss State

Round Three- Jarvis Landry WR, LSU

Round Three- Adrian Hubbard LB, Alabama

Round Four- Lamarcus Joyner S, Florida State

Round Five- Ross Cockrell CB, Duke

Round Six- Kieth Price QB, Washington

Round Seven – Alfred Blue RB, LSU

I will say hoping for Lee and Landry is likely wishful thinking at both those slots but the Jets. Hubbard is an underrated prospect. Cockrell is one of the better cover corners in this years draft. Blue saw almost no action this season and he missed most of last season with injury but his still quite talented. Sims is not a long term solution if the Jets want to have a backup he should have some upside.

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I love the Lee pick, though I think he has a 50/50 shot of not making it to 18.

Landry will be a 2nd rounder IMO.

I don't know about the later picks but I do like the positions they play (though I'd rather take a top punter in the 7th).

Also, you didn't include compensatory picks. Obviously we may not get what we think we are getting, but right now I think we'll have an extra 4th, 5th and a 7th.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Love it. Come April I expect Landry to impress at the combine. Late first/early second.

4. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Yeah I just dont want to think about potential picks we may or may not have.

Cockrell is not a very physical corner but he looks very good in coverage. Need to see more but looks good thus far

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That would be a amazing draft! Is it realistic though...

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Lee in round one would make me so happy, I wouldn't give a damn what Idzik does with rounds two and three. Don't think Jarvis Landry will be in the third round but I'm terrible with this stuff. Last year, I didn't think Warford, Terrance Williams & Keenan Allen would be 3rd rounders also. If Geno wasn't on the board, I would've been so upset Idzik passed on Warford in Round 2.

7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Would you rather Lee or Watkins?

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'd rather Watkins but I'm so confident he'll be off the board that I don't even bother bringing him up. Lee is a name I'll throw out more often because I think there is a chance he can be available for the Jets. Not a good chance but I do think it's possible.

9. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

Who's the better wr landry or beckham?

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Is this even a question?

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Beckham, although Landry is very good himself.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

I highly doubt he comes close to the 1st. I really like Landry, but there's about 8 WRs that are better prospects... The depth in this WR class will cause some very good prospects to be pushed down the board some.

13. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

It's a matter of what you are looking for. If you want a more explosive player who can work the sidelines and can do some damage in space Beckham. If you want a guy who can catch everything and is a good route runner Landry

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Oh its a question ... its just not a good one lol.

Would you rather Have lee, or Ebron or Amaro ... now that's a good question.

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Wow, now that's a question. I don't think id be upset with any of them. In terms of ranking ( and it's so close) id go Amaro, Lee, then Ebron.

16. chadsrightarm

chadsrightarm New Member

Love the OP's draft. I'd take Lee. We should cover our needs via FA prior to May so we can take the BOPA and it'd be him.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

you are right about the FA period being about covering needs, but this draft is very deep at receiver and very top heavy at TE. WE could come away with a very good talent at both. Its an exciting time for us right now as a team with major need for some playmakers.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im not the biggest fan on Lee to be honest, so Id go with either TE before him. Also, I think the fact that there should be a WR available in the 2nd that isnt too far behind Lee greatly affects my view on this. If we grab Lee in the 1st, our best chance at a TE is ASJ, and Im not sure he's even there. If we grab Ebron or Amaro in the 1st, one of Cooks, Beckham, Matthews, Robinson and Adams should be there (I personally have Adams above Lee anyway, and Benjamin could easily jump above him as well).

Right now, Im having a hard time choosing between Amaro and Ebron. I think they are 1a and 1b. Im probably leaning towards Ebron now just because he's slightly more explosive.

19. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Agreed, for that reason, I would definitely go with the TE.

I can't see ASJ slipping past the Patriots at 28 or 29 if Amaro and Ebron are off the board by then.

My dream would be Amaro (or even Ebron, but I like Amaro slightly more) in the 1st, then Allen Robinson or Jordan Matthews in the 2nd. Then with one of our 3rd round picks, draft a RB like Sankey, Carey, or Lance Seastrunk.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Come on now. We all know it will a defensive lineman with the 1st pick.