Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

sanchez cant blow games because he puts them out of reach for us throwing 3 picks and 2 pick 6's in the first half

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he also won a lot of games and helped us win 4 playoff games- more than schaub,romo, Stafford, Bradford and Cutler combined.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it was his fault we couldn't run it in?

haha, mark made the D allow a 9 min+ opening TD drive to open the game? he made the D get run on all 1st half? we wouldn't have been in the game if not for Mark.

4. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Fact based, objective, non emotional response,.. Just as I expected.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl2::rofl: Are you blaming Sanchez for the Jets failures in 2012 and saying Sparano took the fall? CLASSIC. :rofl2::rofl:

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

To be honest, neither of them played well enough to win the job but none of us here will ever know who won the job because it was never announced to the public. Preaching competition is a good thing but that wouldnt matter if they already announced it because the players are paid to compete and they wouldnt just mail it in if someone in front of them was named the starter at the start of hte season. Sanchez has had some of worst preseasons in recent memory but he still started last year, no?

Once again, your BS about "everything knows it" is just that. NO ONE here knows it for sure. Its all speculation. This has nothing to do with hate but more of reality. Sanchez is a horrible NFL QB as evidenced by his 4 years of starting and putting up bottom near 5 numbers in almost all of them. If he was even remotely average, there wouldnt of even been a QB competition at the start of camp. Dont your Sanchez goggles off for a second. Its blinding your vision clearly....

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

But then you can't go around giving undue credit to Sanchez for playoff wins then. By that logic since the "strength" of the Jets were their defense then the defense should get the majority of the credit for wins against the Colts and Patriots right?

So your point is that Pitt purposely tried not to score in the 2nd half? Wow.
    Once again there are circumstances around their TEAM failures that were out of the QB's control.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for one.

[​IMG]

9. The 1985er

I'm not blaming Sanchez for ALL the problems from 2012. I'm just saying that folks blamed Schotty for Sanchez's shortcomings. So my ultimate point was that even after getting rid of Schotty folks blamed the new OC. I hear that Sanchez was good and was held back due to circumstances so I want him on a team with everything already in place so we can see once and for all what he can do.

10. Ajitator

You see what I did there?

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Mark had over sixty starts in four seasons. Despite the breakdowns and regression he wasn't benched until it was way too late. He never had any competition in training camp. He was air mailed the job every season. Finally Rex benched him (after the Jets were out of it) last season and started Greg one game and then brought him back (after Greg was hurt). So if that's not enough time to see what Mark can do then what is. Forever.

12. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

How can one not come to the conclusion that Sanchez rightfully won the competition???

Yes did make 2 bone head plays, but over all the offenwe with Mark looked very competent. Geno obviously is still adjusting to The NFL game, so imagine how raw he was in Pre season.

13. The 1985er

For the same why you think Geno didn't win the competition.

14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

How did Greg do in that start? Word is he has ptsd ...
    Post traumatic sack disorder... That game showed and proved how poor our offense was. A cerebral qb doesn't get sacked 10x. No qb in that system would succeed, not even Brady or Peyton.

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You cant prove anything so there you go trolling. Kudos to you! Sanchez is a product of the system. Bottom 5 QB (which stats back up) that the team carried into the postseason and he had a few good games in the postseason, which no one will dispute. However, you have to be able to play better to make it to the postseason consistency and eventually, the defense and running game wont always carry him like it did in the first 2 years. The fact that you even mentioned Sanchez with those QBs just shows how stupid you really are. You need to get off Sanchez balls already.

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

You break everything down to those 2 seasons when talking about him and a stretch of post season games.

He went 12/15 against the Bengals for example. He did a good managing the game and doing what was asked of him. But the game plan was obviously not have him throw the ball much, same thing against San Diego where he was horrible, but you'll break the entire San Diego game down to 1 single TD pass and say he played great, when he clearly didnt. You break a players performance or career down to a couple of throws. You have to look at the overall body of work. Sanchez's overall body of work is poor.

He had some nice playoff moments when he got there but that doesn't make him a franchise QB. You call his 2009 season good when he threw for 2400 yards, 12 TD's to go along with 20 picks while completing 54% of his passes. That's not a good year. It's ludicrious to call it one. That's not even a good year back when defenders were allowed to maul the wide receivers downfield.

Sanchez graded out consistently as one of the bottom 3 QB's in the league every year except for 2010 where he still graded out an abyzmal 28th out of 37 QB's who qualified. Advanced metrics hate him, basic statistics hate him. I'll never understand how people can argue for this guy. Cause he won a couple of playoff games? T.J. Yates won a playoff game against Cincy doing basically the same thing Sanchez was asked to do. Where is he now? Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Plenty of below average QB's win playoff games, usually because there is something else on that team that is above average like running games and defenses.

Sanchez doesn't do anything above average.

He's not in the same league as any of the other players mentioned besides maybe Schaub after this year.

Every GM in the league would take all of those QB's over Sanchez.

17. Ajitator

At this point I'm going to assume that you don't even read over the things you post, no less actually read and comprehend what other people are saying. I've shown in facts and stats, the reasoning behind most of my posts. I'm not going to go back and re-post all of them you can go look for yourself. The only one spewing BS is you.

If you read what I wrote you would realize that I'm saying Sanchez is no where NEAR those 3 players.Which is why REGARDLESS of the situation, regardless of who was brought into compete with him, until he proves otherwise, Sanchez should be competing for his spot every year.

You come in here calling me stupid but you have the grammar and reading comprehension of a pre-teen. Come back when you can have a conversation with adults. You still haven't even given a reason to not want him on the team other then that you don't like him. Which we get, It's just not a valid reason.

I'm done responding to you, and you're getting very close to getting blocked all together. Continue if you wish.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If the mob ran the NFL

[​IMG]

19. Ajitator

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Greg had one start and Mark + 60. Now is that a fair comparison. Mark's OL last season was ok. Not bad incl. having 3 recent Pro Bowlers. How many excuses are you going to find to explain his bad play. He had a very fair chance here. I don't remember any player getting as many opportunities as Mark did. The only way to end this argument is to finally cut ties with Sanchez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.