Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Schaub has had a few good years. 2013 was his first bad year. Obviously Mark was apart of a team that won more playoff games. But individually Schaub is the better QB. A guy like him would be the perfect QB to bring in to push Geno.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

schaub has had some good stat years w/ elite talent to hand off and throw to.

3. The 1985er

How many stops did the defense get but the offense couldn't even move the ball in the first half? How about Sanchez turnover that made the score 24-0? How about the defense holding Pitt scoreless in the 2nd half? How about the defense getting a safety which put up 2 points and gave the ball back to the offense? But of course you just look at the end of the game and act as if that tells the whole story.

Doesn't numbers give us some indication of a players performance? Numbers obviously don't tell the whole story. But to totally dismiss it as irrelevant is silly.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I honestly don't see how anyone could want either of them on their roster.

Sanchez has some talent, the problem is his mental state. For one thing, I don't think he's every taken his work that seriously. Eating a hot dog on the sidelines? Yucking it up on the sidelines when they're losing and he's playing awful? Posing for GQ (or whatever magazine it was), all the off-field immaturity. He also doesn't seem smart enough to learn from his mistakes or understand more complex systems.

In order for him to maximize his potential (whatever that may be), I think he needs to go to a team with a simpler offensive system, one where the QB Coach, OC and HC are all good teachers, but also no-nonsense disciplinarians and will make him buckle down and focus. In such a situation, he may be able to regain his confidence, get focused, and play well on a consistent basis. IMO that will never happen with the Jets. I think Lee and MM are good teachers and more of the no-nonsense types than Rex, but imo Rex undermines it all. There's also all the history here with Schotty & Sparano, and most Jets fans hate him. I don't think most Jets fans would give him a chance to succeed here and he would know that, which would affect his confidence and play. If there's ever been a player who needs a change of scenery in order to revive his hopes of starting and being a quality NFL player, it's Sanchez.

5. The 1985er

And Mark didn't have good players to hand off to and throw to?

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I say no to Sanchez but I am also about sick and tired of hearing Schaub's name as well. That damn guy had an elite defense, an elite receiver, a way above average TE AND an elite running back and couldn't make it to a Super Bowl. Ummm...I say hell freakin' NO!!!!! I do not know what some of you are smoking but put it down.

7. nyjunc

Not many, it was 17-0 before we blinked. The D put us in a huge hole then they played well to give us a chance in the 2nd half until the biggest spot in the game where they failed again.

Stats tell part of the story, never evaluate based strictly on stats. Schaub is a great example of that as are guys like Cutler, Romo, etc...

8. mezzavo

You just summed it up in comparison to the post you were quoting.

Mark DID have GOOD people to hand off and throw to. Schaub had ELITE guys to hand off and throw to...period.

9. nyjunc

he did but he never had an Arian Foster or Andre Johnson.

10. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would take Sanchez as the only QB on our Roster before taking Shaub or Vik.

Both are injury prone, up and down QBs that have been surrounded by talent the likes the JETS haven't seen in a decade.

Sanchez is durable, has a winning record in NY, and is not going to expect the starting job is handed to him.

Both Shaub and Vik are going to want starter money and immediately be handed the reigns.

11. The 1985er

People don't want Schaub but want Dan Orlovsky, Shaun Hill, and Josh McCowen? If Mark was another team with his credentials I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in to backup/compete with Geno. But Sanchez is done here for a variety of reasons. At one point I was okay with keeping Sanchez until he declared that he won the competition.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

But he did. I wouldn't want to keep him if he thought he didn't win. That is for sure.

You bring up a good and worrying point though: Not many QB options for 2014.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Personally I believe Sanchez has to go. It's a good move for him to try another setting. Too many of the fans here, and I am one of them, do not want to see him take another snap behind center. The bad feelings associated with him must be factored into any assessment of comparison with other possibilities - this is something his supporters ignore.

His upside potential is too limited. His contract is too large. He has overstayed his welcome, and should go.

In that respect it doesn't matter whether the team is left with a Qb who on paper is better, or not as good, as Sanchez.

14. mezzavo

Well...you see...those three guys you mentioned, Hill/Orlovsky/McCown, have never been given a fair shot or the reigns to a team. They CERTAINLY have never been given much of anything to work with as far as Talent goes. (Hill is debatable as he's had Megatron to work with but only after Stafford was anointed etc...)

Schaub has had ELITE talent his entire time in Houston and has nothing to show for it. In fact, he also has had an elite defense for a few of those years as well. Schaub has zero excuse.

For me...Sanchez, it's all mental. He's never kept his head down and just worked. He's always doing "something" stupid or unexplainable on and/or off the field. In my humble opinion, if your name is in the paper for anything other than your play on the field, a charity event or it's your birthday...and you aren't a perennial winner...your shit isn't together and you are not focused on football the way you should be.

15. The 1985er

right when the offense got the ball they did not even pick up a first down. Did the defense fail giving up points? Yes. But the offense not even being able to move the ball or score did not help matters.

I did say that stats don't tell the whole story.

And this is Schaub's fault that his team had elite players for him to play with? Even when Mark had good players he was still below average. I don't think elite players would make a difference.

16. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Yea, You're right. Confidence isn't something you want to see from a QB.

The only "reasons" Sanchez is done here is because of all you people saying so. He went through preseason much improved this year and did beat Geno in the competition no matter how you slice it. I posted the stats above if you'd like you argue that point.

Aside from the pick to Ansah in the first game of preseason which was UUUGGGLY, Sanchez played some of his best ball and was really clicking in the offense without his best WR and throwing to guys like Clyde Gates. If you want him gone it's purely on personal level.

Don't make blanket statements like the entire FO agrees with your "variety of reasons". He made it through 4 years in NYC with out ever saying one wrong thing. Even putting up with Tebow without letting it get public how much it killed him. He makes one statement that most in the world would agree with and that's the reason you want him off the team? Please.

17. The Dark Knight

His supporters don't ignore the bad feelings. That is why most of them, including myself, feel it is best for Mark to move on in 2014 and I am sure he will.

18. The 1985er

There is a reason those guys never got a chance. It's because they are not starter material. Schaub was a backup too at one point and rose up and became a good NFL QB. There is more to football than one individual player, just like we can't judge a player solely on numbers you can't judge a player solely on team accomplishments both bad or good. There are circumstances out of the QB's control.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. He had tons of talent around him and still couldn't succeed. He's a choker, can't play under pressure. He's physically talented, but obviously mentally limited, at least in terms of becoming an upper echelon QB. I can't understand why anyone would think he could/would succeed with the Jets.

20. The Dark Knight

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.