Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Only because you're making it that. Most of everyone else's contributions in here have been about the topic at hand without just reverting back to "Sanchez sucks, Just Sucks".

If he sucks as bad as you say he does, There's no harm in bringing him back on a next to nothing incentives deal. He won't even make it past training camp cause he's the worst ever.

28/42 66.7% 366yds 2TD 2INT 90.0 Rating

22/37 59.5% 246yds 1TD 3INT 54.6 Rating

Which one of those stat lines "won" the job in TC? You think because of 1 pass in the first play of preseason with new players all over the field is the way to judge the QB? Was he perfect? No... But he showed signs of improvement and a MUCH better understanding of Marty's system.

And don't give me the "Geno's a rookie" bullshit cause that's not what this is about. It's about who was the better QB at the end of TC and who SHOULD have started for the Jets in 2013. If you can't see that Geno was given the job by default then you're just delusional.

Sanchez should come back to the Jets on a 2 year deal with the chance to revive his image / career. If he can't get it done in training camp next year then he can pack his stuff. But personally I'd love to see him and Geno duke it out in camp with a arsenal of new skill position players.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Re-read the posts you responded to.

Re-read your responses to these posts.

Now you know why everyone gets annoyed when they try to have a conversation with you.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I understand, if I was constantly having my arguments thrashed I guess I'd be upset too.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Hey junc if you're crediting Mark with wins then you should credit him losses as well.

5. nyjunc

I don't credit him w/ wins, I don't say Mark was THE reason but Mark was a big reason we made 2 title games. We don't make it w/ any QB. and he gets his share of the blame when we lose, show me when I totally absolve him from blame?

He has had an up and down career for us, he clearly could have been much better but he did a lot more than people realize.

6. The 1985er

I'm sure I've seen you absolve him of blame (2010 AFC championship game) btw you do credit him with wins. So IMO you gotta be more fair about things.

7. nyjunc

Just b/c I blame the D more doesn't mean I absolve him, he could have played much better in the 1st half. he could have made more plays in the 2nd half, overall he played well enough for us to win if our supposed big time D plays like one but he does get some blame for that loss.

I have talked about it a lot in the years since that game, Mark had a 100+ rating, Ben had a 30+ rating but Ben made bigger plays to win the game.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He can come back at an extremely discounted rate if he wants after he his released from his current monstrosity of a contract. He can compete for a job here if he wants.

I'm not going to pile on the guy anymore. It's obvious he isn't the "Sanchize" that he was so prematurely dubbed. He is an extremely inconsistent QB, there are many of them in this league...a dime a dozen. Not all of them are coming off of a major shoulder injury though.

No sense in going back in time to argue over his successes and failures. He's getting cut either way. I don't know why he would - but if he wants to come back here at a reduced rate I would wish him the best. If he goes somewhere else, oh well.

9. The 1985er

Okay give me some things Mark could've done better?

10. nyjunc

we scored 3 points in the first half, maybe we could have scored 6 or 10? in the 2nd half we had a lot of possessions, he could have found a way to score a TD to pull us w/in 24-17 rather than fail on downs and get the safety. There are always plays, I don't have specifics in mind but there are always played not made that could have been made.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I can blame a game on Mark. 16-13 OT loss to Bills his rookie year.

Thomas Jones 210 yards. Leon Washington 99 yards.

Mark Sanchez 0TD 5INT. Yeah................

12. nyjunc

clearly he cost us that game.

here is my list of games Mark was primarily responsible for us losing, this doesn't necessarily mean 100% but the main culprit:

2009:
    @ NO
    vs. Buf

2010:
    vs. Mia

2011:
    @ Bal

2012:
    @ Pit
    vs. SF
    @ Sea
    @ Ten

13. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

You guys, Honestly who cares about who's to blame for what in the past.

Fact is, There are VERY few situations that we'll be better off with then having Mark restructure and come back here to compete on the cheap. With Cutler getting resigned there are even less. He's the best possible competition you can find right now unless something drastic happens.

Seems like you guys just like to argue and make personal attacks about who or who isn't a Sanchez fan boy. No one even pays attention to posts that are fact based and logical, Just go straight to the bashing fanboys.

I'm a fan of the JETS, and like i said I can't think of a better way to go into next season then having Geno and Mark compete for the spot both getting paid very little.

With our draft position and current needs I'd much rather see us go after some play makers on offense and a safety then reach for another QB that may or may not work out. We have 2 that are "maybes" on the roster already.

That's not to say I'm against picking up another QB in the later rounds to see if we can find a Russel type diamond in the rough, Just that I think we can help this team better by adding positions around the QB. If neither Smith or Sanchez work out at least we have some talent on Offense to help the next QB we draft.

God Damn Americans and their need for instant gratification. There is no QB that will come in here and take the team to the superbowl without also upgrading the talent around him. There are just to many needs right now and QB is not one of our biggest.

Most of you are blinded from that by your hatred of Mark Sanchez... Which let's be honest if he comes back and starts winning you'll all be back on his nuts like the spring of '11.

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no, he absolutely was not.

and he has not had an up and down career. he was god awful for 4 seasons. it was the worst 4 year stretch of starting QB play in the modern era.

15. The 1985er

This was essentially my point. The fact that the offense did so little played a big part in the loss. But you minimize it and put majority if the blame on the defense. When I've been saying that it was an overall team loss.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The only time Mark was ever successful was when they used the color coding for him and he was restricted in terms of the passing game. In other words he was strictly a game manager in a ground and pound offense. This was the Jets biggest mistake in handling him when in year 3 Schotty allowed him to try and become a true franchise Qb when he isn't. A man's got to know his limitations and Mark doesn't. He thinks of himself as a franchise Qb and tries to make the throws and if there's any kind of a pass rush or something out of the ordinary he can't deal with it. Opponents know this and even said it after games. Guys like Ed Reed loved playing against Mark because they could always out think him. You have to restrict him to simple high percentage throws and never never let him throw the ball when inside the 20. Just run the ball and take the three. It's better than a pick 6. I have no fear that Sanchez will go to another team and be great. Not going to happen. But if it does then more power to him. This team has to go in a different direction.

#336 pclfan, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  17. The 1985er

Honestly Mark would be the type of veteran QB that could push Geno. However Sanchez is done in NY, he needs a change of scenery. IMO there are better options out there in free agency like Schaub.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Schaub is so bad. I don't get how anyone would want him on their roster and Mark off of it. Doesn't make sense. Sanchez has been more successful with a much less talented roster.

19. nyjunc

you may want to pick up a new hobby b/c you have no clue what you are watching.

The O gave us a chance, imagine last year if Bal's D doesn't stop Den late? they don't get a chance to tie it. Our O never got that chance, the D set the tone by allowing a near 10 min TD drive to start the game and they put us in a hole.

this is the problem w/ average fans that are wowed by meaningless fantasy #s, they think b/c a QB puts up better #s he is better. It's sad.

20. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Yes I am sure. Vick will be brought in as the back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.