Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It is when you were the #1 pass defense in the entire league. It's like us losing a game this season because a team ran the ball down our throat for 200+ yards. Going into the game you just wouldn't expect it to happen.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I would switch your assessment for SD and Indy 2009 and raise the good to really good at Cincy. the man threw 3 incompletions that day and 2 were drops including a bomb would be TD.

In January it is, he's a different QB in January. a game later he was back to his playoff self leading Indy to 7 pts the final 3 qtrs. then throwing the game losing INT for a TD.

2009 playoffs peyton led Indy to 18.5 PPG against Bal & NO and 30 pts against us.

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

On the road against Peyton Manning ? With 3 clowns opposite Darelle Revis ?

I was not surprised. That game was never one we were likely to win. I thought our shot was winning the game in Pitt. The tackling there was atrocious.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

2011 Mark had 32 Total TD's, which is a Jets QB record, right? The team fell apart at the end, but Mark was decent besides the turnovers. 2012 was a disaster and 2013 injured. Definitely not enough to give up on him being successful in the NFL. A new team will find that out. Probably at a discounted price too.

5. legler82

Those clowns played pretty well collectively that year. It's one thing to expect for Peyton to get his and it's another for him to rack close to 400 yards passing against the then #1 pass defense.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Kind of. In 2011 and 2012 we had "big" games, not as big as playoffs though, and Sanchez struggled in them. The Jets had two "must win" games in 2011 and 2012, the last MIA game and the TEN game where if they lost, they were eliminated from the playoffs. 7 picks total in those games.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You can say all you want but the Baltimore Colts were 16 point favorites for a reason.

Their highly regarded defense shredded the best that the NFL had to offer.

Also, the Jets beat Johnny Unitas in SB III.

If he isn't a REAL great QB, then I don't know who is.

Seriously, how can you even compare 1968 to 2009?

With all of the rule changes, football isn't even the same sport anymore.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Besides the turnovers, every QB is decent :wink:

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Assuming they can complete 60% of their passes and get close to 7 YPA also.

10. nyjunc

one of the reasons was the lack of respect for the AFL and how GB demolished AFL teams the previous 2 SBs, had KC crushed Minny in SB II instead of SB IV the point spread wouldn't have been as high.

The jets beat earl Morrall in SB III, Unitas came off the bench w/ the game in hand late.

The point is not to compare but to discuss realistically. mark sanchez gets bashed b/c he didn't win a SB and Joe is celebrated b/c he did but Joe had ONE playoff game at home(when they didn't earn homefield) coming off a bye they didn't earn. I hate bringing it up b/c it is against my team but I have to discuss reality.

11. legler82

The following is from overthecap.com's 2014 New York Jets Offseason Salary Cap and Financial Report:

#291 legler82, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

"decent besides the turnovers"

more like "awful despite the touchdowns"

he didnt throw for a high percentage, was terrible on third downs, his tunrovers where horribly timed and most boneheaded and avoidable, and he stunk it up week after week.

that was arguably his worst season outside his rookie year

13. nyjunc

2012 was his worst season by far and his only bad season. 2011 he was mediocre.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was just trying to say that he had too many turnovers. Take that out of the equation and people would see that Sanchez was actually progressing in 2011, not regressing. It was the rest of team that was regressing. Then 2012 ruined everything. Complete disaster.

15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Haha, but we can't just "take" turnovers "out of the equation" when it comes to NFL quarterbacks. As a result, we can't objectively say he progressed in 2011.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Football is the ultimate team sport.

QB is only one of 11 guys on the field at one time for the offense which is on the field less than half of the time.

Just because Joe Namath and Ken O'Brien were not going deep into the playoffs every year does not mean that Mark Sanchez is any better than either of them.

The Jets are horribly under-represented in the hall of fame. Dragging one of our only four hall of famers through the mud in an attempt to bolster your case is not only uncool but the point you are trying to make is weak to begin with.

Geno Smith and Matt Simms will be back next year in training camp for one reason above all others. The reason is that the cost of bringing them back is negligible.

With Jay Cutler off of the market there are very few QBs likely to come in as a sure thing at the QB position. Those that are closest will cost us valuable cap space. If Sanchez will take a big pay cut for the opportunity to prove himself we can wait until next year to use up cap space or draft picks in case someone already on our roster can do the job.

That is the case for Sanchez and I made it without trashing anyone else.

17. I really like Sanchez as a back-up QB...if he comes cheaply. He's likely better than what will be available unless the Jets plan to draft their QB.Been a long time since the Jets had a legit back-up QB in case of injury or a slump..Geno/Sanchez isn't horrible if Geno makes his strides & proper weapons are added.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my god i cant wait for him to be cut, then the fear will be us resigning him... come on someone pick him up. i would like to close the sancho chapter.

its nice to see junc still comparing sancho to namath, has he talked about favre and manning yet? i bet he has.

19. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

After millions of threads and posts - you really believe this?
    That the sole reason for Mark Sanchez having zero future with Jet Nation is because he didn't win a SB?

20. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

Haha, Amen...! :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.