Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, I'm just intrigued by the fact that if you read the sports pages of all of the newspapers covering most of the guys I cited, they do NOT LIKE their QB's.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Raiders would be interested in Mark? I consider him an upgrade at QB for them. Plus he would be able to play in SoCal, close to home.

3. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

I absolutely think that they should bring back Sanchez as a backup plus keep heat on Geno to perform. The key is bringing his cap number way down which would be possible. Only thing is, if let go, depending on how free agency and the draft shakes out, another team maybe willing to give him a better chance to COMPETE for a starting job, and that might appeal to Mark more. He may opt to be cut. But at a reasonable number, hey ... Sanchez can win games with protection and some weapons and he is familiar with Marty's O. I would absolutely positively bring him back as a very solid back up option at the right price :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why would it be possible to bring Mark's cap number down? The only ways to do that are to extending him giving him even more money, )to which I not only say "no," I say " Hell no.") or by forcing him to take a pay cut. The Jets have no leverage. You think he's just gonna take a huge cut in salary and give the money back to the team? No way, especially with how he has been treated by the Jets. It wouldn't be in his best interest or the team's. If he hasn't already gotten all his money from the Jets, he can still get paid by the Jets and sign elsewhere and have a fresh start. Why would he want to stay and play with the Jets with a HC that put him in at the end of a meaningless preseason game behind the 3rd string OL? Why would he want to be booed and vilified? He can go elsewhere, rehabilitate his image (and his confidence), and possibly have a chance to compete for a starting spot or at least be a backup.

To say that he would "push" Geno or be a quality backup is being overly generous imo. Maybe he can be those things with another team, but not the Jets.

5. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Fair point maybe u are right I was thinking he would take a pay cut in order to stay a Jet but u bring up good points. I do still think that Mark could be a quality back up and spot starter in this league. And like you said ... With a change of scenery I would not be so quick to close the book on him. He may still have a future in this league with the right rehabilitation.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i really dont get the suggestions of teams with bad QBs considering sanchez. if you have an awful QB, the last thing you want is someone who has proved to be an awful QB consistently over a 4 year span and who is a turnover machine.

if mark catches on, it would be as a backup. not as a starter. and certainly not as a starter for some team who just went through a bad qb themselves

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Thank you. Some posters have a delusional view of Sanchez. The league knows he sucks, the non Jets fans knows he sucks. It's just the loud minority of Sanchez fans that try to make him out to be better than he really is.

I do think he'll find a job next year but it'll be as a backup.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Eh I could see Cleveland, Jax,Oakland,Tenn,maybe Houston, Tampa, bringing him in to compete for starting job,he does have a lot of experience and 4 playoff wins witch some coaches and GMs will look at and think they can fix him witch might be possible

9. The 1985er

If this was the 90's when you literally had 9 good QB's (Aikman, Favre, Young, Bledsoe, Marino, Kelly, Elway, Montana, Moon) and a bunch of average to below average QB's around then yes you'd be right.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You guys will see when Sanchez succeeds elsewhere. I won't say I told you so either, because I will be too upset the franchise gave up on him.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

LOL...I was sitting here thinking the same thing.

12. legler82

I'm fairly confident that Mark Sanchez's best chance at starting in 2014 is with the Jets.

13. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Come on. Just let him go. Not every place is the right situation for every player. He could succeed elsewhere and he could also go belly up. The point is that he had 4 years with the Jets, and had one good season. That's a lot of time and he didn't improve. You can't argue that he did. You can make excuses for him and they may very well be valid, but you can't sell Sanchez on this fan base for another minute. I wish him luck, but his time in NY is over.

Think about it this way. There might be some regrets if he succeeds elsewhere, but do you think Drew Brees would have become what he is if he didn't get out of SD? I don't, personally. It comes down to what is the situation, and the situation for Sanchez here is not good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

14. legler82

Smith reworks last 2 years of deal

Updated: March 11, 2009, 12:53 PM ET
    By John Clayton | ESPN.com

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Me too. Especially if it's week 16 and his team already has home field wrapped up.

#195 Ralebird, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

...and the number two has a broken leg.

17. jerseyjay14

more then that though... bad teams with bad quarterbacks arent looking to take on quaterbacks who were bad for other teams. they want to desperatly upgrade, not continue to struggle at the position

18. jerseyjay14

yes i will be kicking myself when sanchez is employee of the month at my local grocery store

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath. Junc isn't in his tiny, drab cubicle today...and his wife doesn't let him use the internet at home

He gets too worked up.

Raiders play in Oakland these days. That's NorCal.

Does Alaska have a team?

20. The 1985er

Exactly, you seem to get IT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.