First Round Jets Pick 2014

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Dec 29, 2013.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT REACHING!!!!! Trading down and taking the BPA at a lower spot in the draft is NOT reaching!!!!!!!!!!

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Allen is a bit of a hybrid safety. He's not a true FS but he can still handle the position. He's versatile and hopefully improving. I would love a true FS on this D but obviously we have greater needs.

3. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

No he can't, Allen is a SS who played LB in dime packages in College, he can stop the run and play man coverage decently but is not instinctive or athletic enough to be a true FS, putting Allen at FS just for the sake of filling the position is only going to hinder his development.

4. NCJetsfan

Allen is NOT a FS, hybrid or not. He played in the box in college and played more as a LB than S. A FS is the better safety in terms of pass coverage and is the center fielder, NOT the SS.

5. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

I thought that Ed reed was taking time away from Allen? Not dawan who plays SS

6. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

Allen is formally listed as a FS

7. NCJetsfan

That's because Rex views his safeties as interchangeable, and in the past at least, has seen them both more as SS types, rather than the traditional FS and SS roles. That may have to do with the fact that he hasn't really had a real ball-hawking center fielder type before Reed.

8. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

That's why Rex replaced Kerry Rhodes with Eric Smith (besides the dispute about giving Leonhard the calls). Rhodes wasn't much of a tackler and Rex likes to put corners in man coverage and let the safeties play the run, allowing TEs to destroybus up the seam lol. Allen is definitely more of a strong safety but he also shows promise in covering TEs. If Allen could be a long time starter at SS, we would need to look for a Honey Badger type player at FS and we'd once again have a top tier secondary.

9. rsmehta

rsmehta Active Member

Lee, Evans, or Ebron

I'm so torn between my ranking of these three.

It's very likely that one of these three picks will be a Jet next year, not sure which one I want more.

10. BravesNolesnJETS12

BravesNolesnJETS12 New Member

My DREAM Jets offseason...Yours?

IMO(and I've said this all along..The Jets should stay put at 18 and HOPE that Kelvin Benjamin is still there. Draft him at 18 ( He's easily just as talented as Mike Evans with longer reach and a MUCH HIGHER ceiling). Then the Jets should either draft a beat of a TE (ASJ is the only guy i'd take at 69), a safety, or another Wide Receiver in round 2...Landry,Beckham Jr.,DaVante Adams,Jordan Matthews or Paul Richardson & then with our 1st 3rd round pick I thik we should draft my favorite TE in the draft ..C.J. Fiedorowicz..With our 2nd 3rd round pics, we should draft either an olb(I personally like the idea of dropping Jackson Jeffcoat into our LB'ing core, but if he's not there then you take either Jordan Tripp or my personal favorite OLB Adrien Hubbard(Dude's 6'6 255 lbs and a BEAST. Then in the 4th round I'd try and get Stanley Jean Baptiste and hopefully we have another 4th rounder. With that pick i'd take Dri' Archer(a serious offensive weapon...Percy Harvin meets De'anthony Thomas. Round 5 Draft an OG...Dakoda Dozier or an Ot Seanthrel Henderson(i'm really big on this guy)
    6. Take another CB or S...Eitther Antone Nexum or Deion Belue.
    7.Tak Josh Huff at WR...
    My Perfect Draft looks like this for the NY Jets.
    Round 1)WR FSU 6'5 235 Kelvin Benjamin...if he's not available and Pryor is, I take him at safety
    Round 2) WR Colorado 6'1 172 lbs. Unless Austin Sefarian Jenkins is gone(which he will be)
    Round 3 a.) TE IOWA 6'6 262..If you don't believe in this guy I challenge you to go watch his highlights..He's a STUD at TE with super smooth..If he isn't there then I'd draft one of Jordan Tripp or Adrien Hubbard...Olb's Montana and Alabama respectively
    Round 3 b.)Craig Loston,Ahmad Dixon or my personal favorite, Terrance Brooks
    Round 4) CB Nebraska 6'3 215 Great,physical,skilled corner(watch his highlight reel..or CB UTAH Keith McGill..Also very skilled corner and even more physical than Stanley
    Round 4) RB/WR 5'7 175 lbs...The most DYNAMIC & EXPLOSIVE player in the entire draft IMO..We'd be doing ourself a disservice to not draft this guy
    Round 5) Best Available Offensive Lineman...Dakoda Dozier or Seanthrel Henderson(Different positions I know, but i'm high on both)
    Round 6) CB Nevon Lawsom, Antone Exum or Deion Belue or another LB
    Round 7) WR Josh Huff or BPA & I'd take Kenny Shaw as an UDFA.

FA Signings..

WR-
    jeremey Maclin/Emmanuel Sanders & James Jones
    TE-Dennis Pitta...(Draft Marcel Jensen if C.J.can't be had.
    OL-Jon Asamoah or (yeah I want him) Richie Incognito, and Austin Howard
    OLB- Jason Worilds and Calvin Pace
    CB-Walter Thurrmond, Alterraun Verner, Brent Grimes, and/or Sam Shields (hopefully 2)
    S-Jairus Byrd or T.J Ward, wouldn't be upset with Antoine Bethea or Donte Whitner

Cut Holmes, Sanchez, Garrard, Lankster,etc.
    Now I'm not crazy enough to believe that most of these moves will be made, but if they DO have an offseason similir to this then I will be an ECSTATIC JETS FAN!!!

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Icognito?

Was that a typo? No way I want that ass clown here.

12. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

So for draft picks in round 2, 3a, and 4, I should just Google their school and position to get their names?

13. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

For me,

1. Ebron
    2. Evans
    3. Lee

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think the Giants are going to steal Ebron, but who knows.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Giants have taken TE's in that range in the past. Teams tend to repeat things that have worked for them in the past. It's kind of like an institutional bias thing.

It's not necessarily a good thing but it does happen.

I'm convinced the Jets got a decent deal out of the Bucs for Revis because the Keyshawn deal ultimately worked out for the Bucs. Owners have long memories.