Woody Johnson Confirms Rex Will be Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

The New York Jets: The only team that not only accepts, but is excited about, mediocrity.

Rex Ryan not only keeps his job, but gets an extension? For WHAT? Lol what a joke.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It's potentially a one year extension so he's not a lame duck coach. I don't really understand why a coach never coaches his last year on a contract, but it's a thing.

The reported thing is a one year extension, which really means nothing, because if they don't like him next year, they are going to get rid of him even with the additional year

Your post will make more sense if they give him a multi year extension

3. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Then as a Bills fan you should be jumping for joy that you get to play us twice next year with 'mediocre Rex' but we both know your not.

4. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Better than being irrelevant you fucking losers.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Don't worry, someday the Bills will Claw their way up to mediocrity so you can bask in its glory as well.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

winner!

filler.

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Sorry bud..did not see this.

Hey..there is no doubt that the cap room is there..and you are dead on. I wasnt even thinking that far down the road last night..had a little Woody rage..lol...but you are correct.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Rex should be thrilled with a one year extension. if he truly believes he can excel, than he is going to get paid next year big time.

you have a contract, go out and win 12 games and then you will get your big raise.

9. jaywayne12

Hey bud...if the Bills had the Jets success the last 5 years...you would need a cleaning lady to scrape off the ceiling in your bedroom.

10. WEEBSBOYZ

WEEBSBOYZ New Member

Been a Jet fan for 46 years, seen my share of head coaches come & go & with Rex, he seems to be woody's golden goose! That press conference after the game seemed to be out of the' Jerry Jone's media for dummies!!! Up till the last few games of 2012, I supported both Rex & Sanchez(have a white jersey).If coaches are indeed judged on their win-loss record, then you have to include this year's 2-6 on the road! 3 blow-outs & a "never was in the game" at baltimore. Rex, when games are close, plays it safe & puts unneeded pressure on the defense & indicates to the offense "I don't trust you to win this for us! That, my fellow jet fans causes divisiveness among the defense & offense. Have read all your opinions of Rex & I most agree with CMAN. Have a few doubts as to whom is really in charge, Woody, Idzik or Rex! Must be by committee, 'The Jet Way'! Now in all honesty, I have warmed up to the latest terms of Rex's contract, extend by a year, no lame duck, but prove you're the man for the job!! Last point; I,f before that "win for the gipper" speech before the Cleveland game was not legit, i;e, it was all Rex's idea, then my fellow jet fans, it'll never end & Rex, when things get rough, will always revert back to what he does best! Now my fellow Jet fans, if these past 2 weeks Rex has listened & made some strides towards being a better Head Coach(not dc), then ok, we'll find out soon enough.Now my fellow jet fans, for my first post, i do not mean to anger or get y'alls dander up, just giving my honest opinion, but also remember, I'm one of the lucky ones to see the Jets win a super bowl! Peace out!

11. jaywayne12

With that said...might shock some of you..but if you are going to give the guy an extension..dont give him a one year.

I wanted...AT ONE TIME...Rex out of here. If you are going to keep him..and might have to eat a few years because if fails next year..then do it.

Because after this year...and the cap room..and all the draft picks...if Rex does what I think he might do now..you are playing with fire and will pay the crap out of him next year. A 10 win season next year will give him mucho dollars.

My biggest change on Rex the coach is not even what happened this season with the team..its was his ability to change as a person. To become a smarter HC off the field and stop with the blabbermouth bullshit that lead 3-8 teams to dream about beating them. Stopped the bulletin board crap and now for the first time...I really do believe players do want to play for him more than any other coach..or most.

I would think many players loved him..but hated his mouth before...so I am all in now.

12. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Fun Fact!

The Buffalo Bills have won 4, 5, 6, or 7 games every year since 2005!

13. Bills over Jets

The Bills have sucked. What's your point? My post had to do with accepting mediocrity, not which team has won more games. Neither the Bills, nor any other team in the league except for maybe Kubiak in Houston, ever allowed a coach to stick around with the records Rex Ryan has put up the last few years. Every other team doesnt accept it and fires their coach. The Jets extend theirs.

14. FlashGordon

Point is a Bills fan talking shit about accepting mediocrity is laughable. And "no team has ever allowed a coach to stick around" with a 42-38 record over 5 years? I may or may not look that up but I'm positive that's bullshit.

Fun fact!

The Bills have had a negative point differential at the end of 13 out of the last 14 seasons!

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

To stop talking shit on a HC that quite frankly is better than yours. You would kill to have a coach like Rex, but instead you got his puppet in Pettine and you guys still couldn't stop the run.

:rofl2:

If Jet fans "accept" mediocrity what does that mean for the Bills, who haven't had a winning season in God knows how long?

16. Bills over Jets

Really? Rex isnt even better than Pettine, let alone Marrone. Pettine finished with a better ranked defense than the "almighty Jets D" and that only took one year. Led the league in sacks, 2nd in the league in interceptions. So, which one was the puppet?

Look, I'm really not here to talk about the Bills in this thread. The point is that Rex's record has been bad the last 3 years and not only is that acceptable to jet fans and the organization, but its cause for an extension.

8-8
    6-10
    8-8

That's getting it done for you guys? Hasnt had a winning record in 3 years. Jeesh.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Jets had to trade Revis, could not sign Landry because of cap problems. Something the Bills D didn't have to deal with lol

We also had 2 rookie starters on defense.

Also Marvin Lewis got away with a few years of no playoffs.

18. FlashGordon

Of course you're not here to talk about the Bills. That would likely be painful for you (or is it just a numb sort of ache watching the Bills play these days?)

Conveniently leaving out 20 of Rex's wins and the playoff appearances, what do think the Bills would do if the coach after Marrone gets fired in two years gets off to an 8-8, 6-10, 8-8 start. The Bills are firing him on Black Monday after that third year? I doubt it.

19. Bills over Jets

That's true about Lewis. I remember being astonished a few years ago when Lewis was "deciding whether he would return." The guy was so mediocre, hadn't done anything, and I fully expected the Bengals to can him. Not only did they not fire him, but it was Lewis who wasn't sure whether he "wanted" to come back to the organization. I was beside myself.

It happened here with Kubiak. I think he coached here for like 5 years with a 6-10 or 7-8 record.

And the Bills had more newcomers and injuries on defense than the Jets. Not that it matters.

20. Bills over Jets

Of course they would. I'll tell you right now, if Marrone isn't in the playoffs by the end of his 3rd year, he'll be gone. That's pretty standard around the league.