So much to look forward too (:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

For my first post I wanted to thank the mods for running such a smooth site for our beloved Jets.

That being said coming into the season I thought we would win 4 games. I had faith in Geno ever since day 1 but I knew we had a long year ahead of us.

Season started off of course with a few nail biter wins which was a pleasant surprise and set this board into a frenzy haha. week after week win after loss I felt like I was on a six flags roller coaster :)

Ending the year with 8 wins was HUGE that last game made so much of a difference in going into a off season at 7 and 9 or 8 and 8. At first I was hoping for a higher pick but hell I could not help wanting us to destroy our division rival. who knows maybe it was a blessing in disguise as so many of our top picks have blown and who knows I like our chances in the mid round... keep in mind we have 4 picks in the top 80 and around 11/12 overall with so much cap space.

The final few weeks showed promise. I hated Milliner all year but he changed my view on him for sure. excited for what else he can bring to the table. I did not like the D rob pick but hell not many did, glad we were dead wrong. with plenty of money to spend in free agency I think we will address our needs very well, and we will all be amp'd and ready for 2014. GO JETS !

2. daddy dearest

daddy dearest New Member

+1. Definitely looks like the Jets are a team on the rise and knocking miami out of the playoffs to end the year is icing on the cake

3. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

The biggest thing I was wrong on was the Chris Ivory trade, he's been a beast. I still don't like the Milliner pick and I hated it draft day.

Although I feel all this excitement from an 8-8 season a bit embarrassing. The WC was ours for the taking and the Jets blew it with a terrible showing against Miami and Buffalo. I still feel disappointed the Jets aren't in the playoffs, the really should be over the Chargers, I mean the Chargers were friggin gifted that playoff spot.

#3 dr.velociraptor, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  4. Jetsfansince95

Gifted would be putting it nicely lol

5. Jetsfansince95

As much as I hate the Steelers and froze at the AFC championship game when we went a few years ago, they deserved to be there... no doubt about it. yes we lost some games we should have won but hey we won at least 3 games that we should have lost :) it does go both ways.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm with you Dr. V... anyone who's giddy over 8-8 either badly underestimated the team as a whole or bought into the nonsense the media were spewing out.

Whatever the case, they should be tarred & feathered.:metal:

7. Jetsfansince95

A rookie QB no receivers who were able to stay on the field for 3 weeks in a row... mind you catch a ball besides for Nelson and JK I think we outdid ourselves !

8. Jetsfansince95

Not to mention the worst secondary in the NFL

9. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

YET all what was said in the above posts can really be addressed in the off season. This draft and this FA market the Jets are finally in the drivers seat. We are on the rise and players looking for a new team tend to like that. WE now have the money to spend that Tanny took from us. We have the draft picks to fill not all but some holes. CANT WAIT.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

anyone claiming now to have honestly felt at the season start this was a 10-6 type team was either a wild optimist or is now engaging in some serious revisionist behavior.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

In a season that featured 7 new starters on defense and a rookie QB, yes 8-8 is a job well done. We went into the season with bad cap management hindering our offseason and are still going to be eating portions of the last regimes bad contracts this offseason. That said, we will have a good deal of space to work with and several picks to help add talent to our roster (god please take a receiver or two).

There is much to look forward to unless your of the Debbie downer type of attitude in general.

12. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I'm not talking about the start of the season no one saw this team doing anything. But this team was sitting right in the WC spot late in the season, it was there's to lose and they did. It just stings a bit to be sitting in the WC with the hardest part of your schedule done with and come out like crap off the bye.

To see the Chargers gifted the WC spot where they'll go one and done makes it even worse.

If the Jets showed up against Miami, Buffalo, or Baltimore they're playing next weekend.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Have to admit I was slightly optimistic when we were 5-4 at the bye and looking at a supposedly weaker back half of the schedule.

That optimism was gone by the Ravens game.

I really thought the team would play better as the season wore on and the offense got in a groove with Morningwheg's style.

Whatever...the season ended on a high note. Rex is back for at least '14.
    For now, the circus has left town.

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Can't find it now but someone had posted a link few games ago where Jets were leading the league in games started by rookies. 2nd place team was a good distance behind.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Oh, c'mon. Look at the point differentials. The Chargers were a better team this year than the Jets. The Chargers beat the Broncos and Chiefs on the road. They lost several close games. They didn't get spanked multiple times the way the Jets did.

Okay, San Diego got a break yesterday. The Jets got a break in Week 1.