All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The Jets traded Revis mainly because of his bloated salary and his constant holdouts. Now that the Jets have cap room, there are so many needs on offense that spending money on a CB would be a complete waste. He's gone and is not worth the money or the headaches. The cap money is needed elsewhere. CBs don't win SBs.

2. zombo

zombo Member

I doubt Revis will be back, but let's not suddenly act like Revis is some marginal player. He graded out as the best cb in football again. Another year strengthening that knee and he will be close to form again. The guy is an amazing cb who just isn't worth his pricetag. He's still the best cb in football.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I don't think his heart is in the same place. I don't think he is close to the level he was at in 2009 & 2010. We made the right move and are a better team bc of it.

Yesterday, Revis got burned for 2 td's and his team got trounced. We all saw Larry Fitzgerald Smoke Revis island for game winning td. Carolina blocked the shit out of Revis where Cam trotted right by him for two scores and a win.

$16mil, "puh-lease". Best corner in football, "puh-lease". Future journeyman, potential Hall of Famer, "Made in/by Rex Ryan"

#523 JetsVilma28, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  4. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Revis is still the best corner in the NFL by a pretty wide margin only a year off massive knee reconstruction surgery. He's a beast and will be for years to come. You can not like the guy because he wants to get paid, but don't pretend like the Jets are better off without him, they're not. Anyone who looks how easily teams threw on the Jets this year knows the Jets are not better without him.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

$8M in Massachusetts is like $6M in Tampa. He's going to go where the money is best. No idea where that is.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Richard Sherman is the better CB right now.

7. JetsVilma28

There are better corners in the league. Revis, did not have such a hallmark season to be labeled best. Only 2 INT's, 2 FF's, 11 pass deflects, his teams overall record is 4-12 where the head coach got fired. A head coach Revis questioned openly to the media on whether or not the young players believed in, great for Schiano, I'm sure he had no regrets on supporting the acquisition of Revis :breakdance:

Jets
    2011- 8-8 Revis played entire season
    2012- 6-10 Revis missed 88% of season
    2013- 8-8 No Revis (We picked up Winslow, Colon, Ivory, Milliner, Richardson with freed up Revis bling, bling) aka "better off without him".

Sherman 8INTs 16 PDs Seahawks 13-3
    Boykin 6Ints 17 PDs Eagles 10-6

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

exactly. no way id keep cro if we got revis. id offer revis the same 9.5M we'd save on cro, take it or leave it

9. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

why are you going off of wins? did the jets have the seahawks offense and home field in '11, '12, '13. did sherman have to make up for sanchez/geno's mistakes, pick 6's, and horrible play?

Sherman is good. but revis was still better this year. take a look at the jets pass defense before/after revis

11. JetsVilma28

12. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Revis is excellent. But he and the bucs signed an awful deal. No corner is worth 16 million. I think he will be released and have no choice but to take a massive pay cut elsewhere. I don't see him returning to the jets. He Such a putz he signs a non guaranteed deal to just say for a year I'm the highest paid defensive player. I'd be shocked if they don't release him. Just not worth the money. No matter how good he is.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Revis was not better this year. Richard Sherman leads the league in interceptions while being the least targeted corner in the league - that is Godly.

This year we had Cro injured all year, and a rookie CB - no shit the secondary would take a step back.

14. JetsVilma28

Dude, I listed 3 games where Revis play directly hurt his team.

1) He got burned on Revis "island" by Fitzgerald. 1 on 1 game winning td, Revis blew it.
    2) Thursday Night football- Carolina blocks the shit out of Revis and Cam scampers by for two easy scores. Tampa blown out. It doesn't even look like Revis attempts to break a tackle or make a play, he straight up gets knocked out of the play right in front of him.
    3) New Orleans Saints, yesterday- Revis gets burned twice for td's. On one of the scores he isn't even close to making a play, just lost.

and those are only 3 that I heard about. He did not have "best corner" in the league year. He obviously still has a long way to go in his recovery, i guess?

It has to make you wonder just how much Rex made Revis. Without a doubt, Rex created the Revis brand. Through hard knocks and constantly backing, the one time #24, to the media that "hey this guy will be on Revis island" Yea, Revis play backed it up then 2009-2011 he was by far the "best" corner in the game. Yesterday, and other games this season he certainly does not look like it.

"Playing to get paid" got to make that money son. I get it, but he's not the "best" now.

15. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

That is ridiculous. Wow. I love Rex as much as the next guy, but that is just crazy talk.

16. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

The bigger reason why the secondary took a step back is that we lost Landry and Bell at safety, who both played at a high level last year.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

We should hire Schiano to be the pre-snap penalty coordinator. Bet the penalties would go down.

18. JetsVilma28

Revis doesn't make $16mil after playing with Belichick. Rex, built the Revis brand. He made a NFL team believe one player, a corner, is worth $16mil and a first round draft pick :breakdance:

Not to mention Revis was coming off of a year long knee injury. This was probably Idzik's move as I think Rex would have paid the money. But there is no question Rex blew the wind in Revis "sales".

19. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

You can't give Rex all the credit. Otherwise Kyle Wilson and Darrin Walls would be elite corners by now.

You can argue Revis wouldn't be as dominant without Rex but he'd probably be at the very least a top 5-10 corner.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

This ship has already sailed. We have Milliner now, and he bloomed late in the season and looks to be a solid starter for years to come. As much as I'd love Revis, there's no way we bring him back a year after trading him to save money. It's not like he's going to come cheap, although he may be cheaper than 16m. If we cut Cromartie (15 mil hit I believe), we would theoretically have that money to replace him, but I'd rather see it go to the offense.

#540 Barcs, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013