All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Toontime

Toontime New Member

No way Revis settles for $10m, especially from the Jets! He will be chasing the dollars!!! Washington as possibility?

Don't think he will be back in Jet Green!!! Think the Jets had him at his peak!

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind trying to sign Grimes from Miami. He's not as good as Revis but he is younger and won't cost nearly as much. Also the drama from bringing Revis back would be too much and Im looking forward to a drama free offseason.

3. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Rex would take him back in a heartbeat... not at $16mil though. I wouldn't mind Revis and an improving Milliner as our starting CB's. I can dream, right?

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Was hoping they'd give Schiano one more year. Hopefully, the new HC/GM will bring back Revis in 2014. Not so sure Jets get that 3rd round pick now.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Revis was honestly a fool to sign that contract. I think he was under the impression that if he performed annually he would get paid. Thats not the case though now, with a new regime they might just take him off because they are going to rebuild.

Revis is about to get a taste of his own medicine lmao.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he has beef with Idzik and Woody now. He'll be a Patriot if he hits the market, fuckin guaranteed. He also ripped Jets fans for threatening him on twitter. He'll never be back.

7. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Bingo...............

8. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Revis got beat on 2 deep one on one td's yesterday. He looks fat, fuck him.

9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

He's not getting released (He's a pro bowl starter and I believe that he graded out as the best corner in the league) and even if he is, he's not coming back here. There is no fucking way. That bridge was burned beyond all recognition.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Mortensen just said the owner was not happy about the money spent on Darrelle Revis and what the result was.

Revis cut incoming!

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He's about to become a hired gun. He'll go to whatever team that gave up big pass plays in the upcoming playoffs.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if the went to the Pats. Jets fans were constantly digging at him. Remember in an interview he seemed pretty frustrated on how Jets fans just wouldn't let go.

13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Not the same player, Jake. Not even close to the same player. He doesn't come up and make tackles on running backs. Milliner is improving, Cro will come back on discount.

No sense bringing back a disgruntled player. A player who owes his brand to Rex Ryan. Let him be a journeyman that never reaches his full potential.

Focusing on the offense during the off season strengthens our defense and the team as a whole.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The only way Revis stays is if the new GM agrees to retain Revis in order to get the job. It would be like the Rex-Idzik situation except with a player. I dont see how that works and I dont see the Glazers making that type of demand either because it would be ridiculous. No GM is going to retain that contract, especially if they are starting over.

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

He's not going to get cut. And if did, he's not coming back here.

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I didn't see this, I'll check it out now. He is not the same player though. He got blocked out of his shoes against Carolina the first game, his toughness is lacking.

Me first player, puts himself in front of the team. Not the same kid we knew 2008-2010. Also, Rex created the Revis brand.

17. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I just want that early 3rd rounder. Hopefully they keep him at least until free agency.

18. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

PFF rated him as the #1 CB in football this year.

19. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Agreed 100% Vima28

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the Jets were 8-8 with a horrid secondary; hardly the success other teams are going to emulate. in fact, it shows that Revis likely could have drastically improved our secondary and maybe added an addition win, which would have qualified the Jets for the playoffs. that shows the opposite of what you are saying -- that the Jets performance actually reveals how valuable Revis can be, not that he isn't valuable. unless your criteria for success is missing the playoffs and having a deficient secondary.

it doesn't mean that he is unhappy with paying Revis, it means he is unhappy to pay him that amount if the team doesn't win. hence why he fired the coach, because he believes another coach and GM will generate more wins with Revis, and thus the cost isn't an issue.

you can't ignore one of the factors in the statement to draw your conclusion.

#500 JetBlue, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013