Woody Johnson Confirms Rex Will be Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They haven't won anything since 1968, were you even around to see that?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I stopped following the team back in '65...:grin:

3. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I'm glad he's back.:grin:

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

If some posters find this insulting...im sorry...and those are just not words. I am really sorry but I wonder if those that are diehard about chain of command are younger posters.

What some posters have to understand is that some of us have seen this before. We saw it with this team when we had an absentee owner who couldnt fire a soul in Hess.

We have seen this in other orgs. when there is no chain of command and after years...sometimes decades..finally they bring in a stiff tough guy to get some order...see Bill Parcells...and the team finally gets the respect and direction.

Again...this post is not meant towards the defenders or people that disagree with this because Im sure some of the older posters think this would work anyway also.

Great teams...ummmm...should I say it? The other football team in this area? have a chain of command and an owner who respects it. While the MARAS love Coughlin...they would never ever leave their GM out to dry that he is not making personnel decisions...ever.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am very surprised at this for all of the reasons i have stated in the past.

i really do hope we arent just wasting another 2 or 3 years watching rex continue to not get better as a head coach. he is so much like his dad its amazing that he never really saw him when he was a kid.

and yes woody is still a fucking moron.

6. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I totally understand the cap space scenario as well as the draft picks, it still doesn't give me much confidence. Now any smart team would use their money to upgrade significantly on offense but will we? Will we go after Decker, Jones, or Maclin? Will we use our draft picks to acquire guys in the draft like Ebron, Amaro, or any top WR? In the past, I thought these were obvious things but this team always finds a way to surprise me with a questionable move.

Again, I so badly want this team to make the smart choices, upgrade, and actually be able to compete for a Super Bowl but I'm hesitant. It's a wait and see process though so let's see what Idzik can do.

7. JohnnyThaJet

Not sure what this comment is all about but I'll end it at here.

8. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

What negative BS one must read from the sorry a$$ed Rex naysayers after hearing about the RR staying on, LOL.

Awwwww, poor little Rex haters have to now deal with a coach that has done nothing but put the Jets in an enviable position to progress from this year, amazingly enough with a rookie QB.

And beating Miami at their house wasn't enough, either....awww poor little Rex haters..

9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Voice of reason.

10. JohnnyThaJet

As I said in the comment above, these are the things that we as fans know SHOULD happen, but will it? Can you blame me for being reluctant to think things will improve? The saving grace in all of this should be Idzik since he's suppose to be the change from what Tanny held us back from, although the drafting of Geno really made me question things.

What I would have preferred we do is almost tank this season and start over from top to bottom with cap space and a high pick. That's why bringing back Rex makes me think we'll settle, and we should avoid that.

#110 JohnnyThaJet, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If Johnson, Idzik and Ryan all stood naked before the Supreme Court, the Pope and the ghost of Mohatma Ghandi and took an oath that everything you want was precisely the way it would be, you still would not be satisfied. The minute an early draft pick busted you'd be blaming it on the all powerful Ryan, the dumbass owner and the eunuch.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sure. Dump the season, dump the chance for raw rookies to grow, dump the opportunity to develop a healthy locker room, dump the development of a new offense for a flip-of-the-coin draft choice.

Browning Nagle, anyone?

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We finished near the bottom of the league in turnover differential this season. Getting that up near even could easily add two wins to this roster. Let's see how the FA period breaks out before jumping off a cliff just yet.

14. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

are people really this egotistical that every time something doesnt go the way they were hoping it's a conspiracy?

15. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

idzik and rex on field after game

[​IMG]

idzik giving rex game ball

:wink:

16. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

To me, the most interesting part of the past two weeks is that it demonstrates Rex is a genius. The dude was getting fired. He leaked to his team that it was going to happen, knowing the team would leak to the press, and that the press would report it. A groundswell of fan and media support bullied Woody into telling Idzik "sorry, you can't fire him". Rex gambled on his own popularity and drew a straight flush. Now they are talking about an extension!

17. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I'm guilty as charged, and happy for it. It's obvious this is not the Rex of 2011 as described in that book I was harping about a few weeks ago. If this decision was as much Idzik's as Woody's, and if he offers guidance instead of enabling Rex like Tanny did, we're in good shape. I like the ten draft picks and staying away from prima donnas. Let's stock that offense and let Marty do his thing.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, in the post game presser, Rex said before the game Mr. Johnson and John told him he was safe. Idzik was there, who knows if it was his decision or not

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Is Rex crying?

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

More bullshit from the Rexists. Oh well, now you got your wish and you get to see more of this in '14 and '16 if you have your way. Now, if Rex isn't extended on Monday morning, then what?

#120 Cman68, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013