Woody Johnson Confirms Rex Will be Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Then don't read my posts. You have that option HOMER. I don't really care one way or the other.

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Sorry but the only time the Jets were truly a laughing joke of the league was WITH Rex, not before.

If your talking Leon Hess then there were many times, but not in Woody's tenure.

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lol at Rex being told before the game...good that he kept it from the players till after ;)

4. Cman68

You really think Rex doesn't know he's bulletproof? :rofl:

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's pretty fuckin clear he did a good job this year. If they acquire some talent this offseason and go backwards, then it's grounds for dismissal. Right now, he should def stay put. And that gives all the young players some continuity to improve.

6. Cman68

We'll see this time next year won't we.. If Rex gets this team to play better, he'll be extended. If not, he won't. It's that simple.

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I wanted Rex fired and i still do. He has had 5 years now with the team and 3 straight years with no playoffs. Not many coaches keep their job with a near 500 record after 5 years and missing the playoffs in 3 straight. It just sucks we have to be fans with such a clueless owner like Woody Johnson. I thought the Cowboys had it bad like you said but this is literally the same situation here. The comment that Woody just made to the press here a little bit ago saying "We are a team to be reckoned with" sums up what we all thought about this guy. He is basically okay with not making the playoffs and has such low expectations that hes content with being just average. Would we ever see Kraft or someone else coming out and saying the same thing if the Pats didnt make the playoffs? What a loser of an owner. The icing on the cake would be giving Rex an extension now. Rex needs a big improvement and a playoff appearance next year to warrant that. If he can, then i would be all for giving him the extension because he would of then earned it.

8. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

That's fair enough for me. Really curious how Geno fairs with a *hopefully* improved offense on paper. It's best more for him than it is Rex overall.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Dead on.

Give me the list..I want the list of teams that went on to be solid over a decade with an owner like this....it worries me.

I can think of one team and thats the Yankees..and not until George backed off and let Gene Michaels keep all of the kids..jeter..posada...rivera..etc..did the yanks take off.

Want the list of owners who have to be the front of the franchise and make all of the decisions..and fail? We would be here for hours.

Disgrace...total disgrace...let your GM make the announcement...if I were woody..you let your gm say this:

Of course we are keeping Rex. Did you see the job he did this year? This was a year we needed to regroup with rookies and cap..and he was masterful.

Now after this...Idzik can go back to his office and bang his head against the wall because he needs to spend another year with him. Regardless, it would show total unity with team and coaches..all on the same page.

But no...the owner who was given a billion dollar company from his family has to be the spokesman and get the love of the fans.

Bullshit woody...most of us see right through you.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The talent on those teams the past three years has been terrible. Even Westhoff just said that those teams had some of, if not the worst personnel that he's ever coached.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Why are people so mad about Woody saying Rex will come back? I don't think it's that serious is it?

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

until this offseason we have had 0 cap space and have been lumbered with a poorly performing QB on top 5 QB money - we have $50m in space no-one with a cap killing contract and all our draft picks - why would you think that this team will not make moves to improve?

13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Al Davis, before he went senile.

People are making a little too much about Woody being hands-on. Woody has NOT been hands on, aside from the Rex thing. Unless you want to pin the Tebow/Favre nonsense on him as opposed to Tanny.

#73 NYJFan10, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  14. jaywayne12

101..he could have said it. You let your gm make the announcement..the GM that the media and fans think do not want Rex. You show unity. You show your gm and coach are solid.

But no..the pampered prick needed to do it..and you cant get that back no matter what idzik is saying now...tomorrow..or ever.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

because people like to be angry about nonsense that really, really doesn't matter.

16. jaywayne12

sorry bud...but thats total bullshit and you have no idea what you are talking about. you have not followed a gm and coach relationship..all due respect its long term important.

17. Cman68

You would if you were the Boss of the day to day operations. It's called protocol. Your GM makes that announcement, not the CEO as it gives the appearance of the GM as a rubberstamp and not really being in the position to make that decision. On the face of it, it looks like Woody made that decision and Idzik had to go along with it just like Idzik had to keep Rex on when he accepted the position. Good thing Idzik has no cred when it comes to personnel decisions.

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Believe me, I've tried.

"Sorry Cman55 is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

Whatever. I'm out.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The team has just completed a season with a red shirt rookie quarterback, a weak offensive line, second rate receivers and running backs and a patchwork secondary by winning at least twice as many games as any decent preseason prognostication foresaw. You are pissed because they're keeping the coach? I seriously think that possibly you and a couple of other instant gratification seekers should consider finding another team that can provide that to you. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

20. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

glad rex is coming back. amazed at how the jets turned-around things at the end of this season cuz when they were 6-8 and looking to go 6-9 i thought, 'need some big changes'. but then they looked good with a bright future the last 7 quarters. i know it sounds extremely short-sighted and naive but, as a fan, i'm buying. but that's what being-a-fan is...