Woody Johnson Confirms Rex Will be Back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 29, 2013.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I was wrong and I'm glad. You can't help but love Rex Ryan.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not even. If Rex got that lifetime extension that a lot of you want, then I would be upset. As it is, Rex will be betting the house on 2014. I think that's a helluva incentive for both Rex and the team.

The reality is, Woody loves Rex and won't let Idzik fire him no matter what so lets stop kidding ourselves. Woody is Jerry Jones Lite and since he paid $600 million for this team, he can do whatever he wants to do and so far, Idzik is a GM-ino. If that works out, fine. If it doesn't, oh well.

I just don't understand why Woody won't make Rex GM and be done with this bullshit. Idzik has been neutralized and for the most part, a rubberstamp. Now you know why other GM candidates passed over or rejected for the job.

3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Izzy is on Jets postgame right now saying Rex is back next year.

4. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

and he shouldnt fire Rex. Certainlynot after this coaching performance thius year. Cheers to Rex coming back.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

They have to add atleast one more year to his contract if they plan on bringing in some free agents witch I'm sure they plan on doing

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I hope you're wrong too :grin:

I don't think they'll be complacent. They have a ton of space and picks unlike the Tanny years so I think they'll have room to try and make major upgrades in talent

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The way the Jets will get free agents is by spending lots of cash on them or making bargain plays in June. The coach isn't going to be a major factor in whether players come to the Jets or not.

I've never seen a free agent turn down more money once he was on the market. A few have chosen to re-up with their team at below market but once they get out on the market it's all about the cash.

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Wtf are you taking about? Seriously. 12 draft picks and 40 million in cap space and the team will be 2 games worse?

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt it, We have to much cap space and plenty of room to add some quality players on offense Holmes is a gonner and Geno deserves a second year in my opinion he's looked better the last few weeks

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Fantastic news. We have a good thing going let's build on it.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Best Jets news of the day for sure.

I called for his head over the past few months, but realized it makes sense to keep him aboard. Now set him up with an improved offense and we'll see what comes of next season.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The only way that happens is if Idzik REALLY wants to sabotage Rex, like Rachel Phelps in Major League.

They need a major upgrade at WR, although Kerley and Nelson are fine complementary players they need at least one upper-echelon guy. They also need some depth/improvement at TE and at least one line upgrade. They also need secondary help for the D for that matter, particularly at safety.

13. Cman68

We all knew (those of us who aren't koolaid drinking homers) that Idzik was a prop. Woody is Jerry Jones on the downlow and is indeed calling the shots. Rex should realize this and stop with the "they wanna fire me" bullshit because for all intents and purposes, Rex Ryan is bulletproof.

John Idzik is the perfect prop. A GM in name only that got the job only because he would be willing to do what Woody told him to. It's almost as if Woody took Idzik to the vet and had him neutered before Idzik accepted the position.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

As usual, you won't disappoint

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

hahaha sore loser

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lol this turned into a classic postgame...all about Rex being back. Interview the GM, the owner and then the coach press conference, players answering questions afterward.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't think he's just a prop. Trading Revis seems like a not Rex thing to do, seems like a smarter more analytical move that Idzik would make.

And Rex hasn't been extended yet, if he gets extended I will buy it though

18. Cman68

I didn't lose shit.. Check your facts Homer. I don't play for the team, I don't play against the team. I don't make any money, I don't lose any money. Frankly, I watch this team and follow this team but I rarely take this team and its decision making seriously. When this team actually wins shit, and I'm not talking just showing up for a AFCCG, then maybe, JUST MAYBE, I might be vested. Until then, it's entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less.

#38 Cman68, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

who gives a shit if Izdik or Woody or the cableguy who runs Jets post game announces that Rex is back?

And how is that an indictment that Izzy has no control??

Maybe, just maybe the consensus was that Rex was coming back regardless of today's outcome?

20. Cman68

The only reason why Woody allowed Idzik to trade Revis was the money involved. Lets not pretend it was anything else. That personnel move might be the last critical move Idzik is allowed to make w/o Rex's blessing.

For all intent and purposes, Rex is the GM of the NYJ's. Idzik is along for the ride.