ESPN: Signs Point to Rex Ryan Returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Whoooo im really happy he is staying. Lets get some weapons for GENO and in his second year and see how we get on.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Quoted for truth.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm going to try and upload it here via Dropbox

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!!!

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that doesn't answer his question. all you did was state that Idzik doesn't want to give him an extension, not that keeping him for 2014 is not Idzik's decision.

that is because you have nothing to defend your position. you are upset that the team doesn't feel about Rex the way you do, so you contrive excuses about how it is the owner simply interfering so you can use that to have a criticism of the team because you are pussy hurt that the the Jets don't agree with you about Rex.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I think Idzik and Woody talked it through together....doesn't matter if either one announced it as long as they saw eye to eye with it which unless Idzik is a good bullshitter, seems like they did.

Idzik can hide behind Rex for another year at worse and build our talent up before getting "his" guy. Its win win for everyone.

Great stuff.

#206 BakerMaker, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

They have to make a change at LB...the LB coach is now the Irish new D Coordinator.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder about the paranoia associated with Rex, our GM and Woody.
    To hint that Woody is like Jerry Jones and that Idzik is limited in his power duties and that Rex is the puppet master is a pretty significant stretch if based on this meaningless NFL report. Unless you desperately want to justify getting rid of Rex for no apparent reason. LOL.

Rex did not deserve to get fired in 2013, ..in fact he deserves a metal for taking a team with no offense and a raw non NFL ready rookie QB and winning eight games. What this team did is pretty remarkable. Arguably not all the success due to Rex's talent nor all the failures due to his shortcomings. In my opinion the GM is assembling a pretty good core both of players and coaches and Rex more than ever is in full control and has the outmost respect of his players.

It's time to accept that for the next two years a least, Idzik will run the GM duties and Rex will coach the team. It was a successful draft in 2013 and possibly better next year.

So much for the notions that typical Rex will lay a big egg and have his team unprepared against Miami and that he lost control of the team BS.

We have a way to go, but some of the pieces are rolling in place for 2014.

It is now time to say good bye to some players on this team as we continue with our youth movement: most likely Sanchez, Holmes, Winslow, Reed, and may be even Cro barring some significant restructuring. Time will tell what we target in free agency and the draft.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl:yea that's what we should do call for the owners head for making a smart move

10. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

well, looks like the team knew he was coming back and fought hard to prove themselves. either way, great game by rex and company. the staff really called a great game on both sides of the ball. marty looked like a man possessed at times.

the future looks bright once again for the jets.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

You don't know my position douchebag, so how can you interpret how the Jet's opinion don't match with mine.

If you cannot see that Woody is calling the shots you are a moron.
    If you cannot see the Idzik has been non-committal to extending Rex, your a ball sack licking Woody, fanboy.

I simply put my analysis from inferring all of the available evidence out there.
    Why did that specific information come form an airtight locker room last week?

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rex did a good job with the defense this year given the Jets horrible give/take ratio. It's possible that Idzik thinks Rex should have a strong independent DC so that Rex can concentrate more on being a strong head coach.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a shake-up on that side of the ball, although Dennis Thurman did a very good job this year. The one thing Thurman will never be is independent of Rex.

13. 101GangGreen101

[YOUTUBE]8PfWZa9QQmk[/YOUTUBE]

Here ya go!

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, you have provided no evidence because there is none to support your position.

The fact that you have to make up conspiracies to validate your disappointment rather than simply accept the fact that you aren't getting what you hoped for and so you need to fabricate something to criticize makes you a hysteric and an Insecure pussy.

I have already posted more evidence in this thread that validates Idzik has the authority to fire Rex this season. Either post something some proof to the contrary or you're everything I just stated you to be.

15. Mitch_Dumstein

Its 4:53 and no presser yet from Rex

I hope he's not scrawling "I hereby resign as HC of the NYJ" on toilet paper like Belodickwad did;)

16. 101GangGreen101

Rex presser is on now

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

They wanted to make him presentable for his coming back press conference lol (he showered, really?)

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Interesting that Rex said he was told BEFORE the game...guess he kept it from the players till after lol - sly like a fox.