ESPN: Signs Point to Rex Ryan Returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If Idzik is waiting to see what happens in the Miami game before making a decision then it is Idzik who better be looking for a job.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Agreed. But I wouldn't be surprised if Woody changed course after an embarrassing Week 17 loss, for example.

3. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I guess we watch differently. What I see when I watch the stinkers of the past few seasons is poor QB play and early turnovers leading to 14 -21 cheap points in the blink of an eye, thus digging a hole that no one can escape from.

You can blame this on Rex if you want. I would like to see Rex just one year have a reliable, experienced QB. Arguably, he did in 2010, and look how far they got.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, if Rex is going to be fired, he can't win the job back by beating Miami. However, if they planned on retaining him, and the Jets lose 49-3 to end the season, it could make them rethink things. A decision most likely has been made though.

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Completely agree. I just get frustrated when fans take ESPN reports of something "likely to occur" as fact.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hope Rex stays. We need one more solid defensive draft before switching gears completely.

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

If it's true that Rex told the team he was being fired simply to motivate the team when he didn't have reason to believe so it kinda seems like a tool move to me. You can only pull stunts like that to motivate your guys so many times. As others have pointed out it ultimately leads to the team coming out flat in other games. That is if you believe that kinda stuff impacts games more than the actual talent/coaching lol

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Visibly asshurt RR detractors lmao.

He should get another year, no doubt.

9. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

Woody saw the vision of empty seats and unsold PSL's, the #keep Rex was ringing in his ears.

10. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

Ya now who should be fired and should have been last season is Schwartz in Detroit. EEEY Gaad he has the best Receiver in the game, dominat d-line, and a stud running back. Schwartz should never be let near an NFL field again.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yes sir!!!! Love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

12. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jets, Jets

Doesn't matter. Of course the media will make a big deal about it. He has to become a head coach and he has a year to do it. No new contract until he proves he can be a boss not a coordinator. Coaching staff stays and he gets involved with the whole situation. If not he goes.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wasn't it Mehta who started a poll to see what Jet fans wanted and wasn't it 93% in favor of bringing him back..you think Johnson noticed?..haha..if he didn't he should have the team up for sale now..who knows, maybe he does.

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

If Rex is gone, so am i.

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Dewey defeated Truman

16. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

You sir should work for the NY media. I lvoe guys who take something that was said and run with a different version of what was said to fit what they think should happen.

What Rex said to the team that day was "Word on the street is im going to get fired" More then likely he was referring to all the bone heads who keep saying
    crap like you just posted.

17. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jets, Jets

If rooting for the Jets is related to a coach you must be very young. Coaches come and go. Players win games. Ask any coach in any sport.

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah but word on the street wasn't that he was getting fired. What "boneheads" are saying that other than a few guys peppered on message boards like this one? Is that who Rex was referring to?

I keep hearing about how everybody wants Rex gone but every poll and expert opinion I'm seeing are saying the opposite. I don't know how I ran a different version of what was said. "Word on the street" is a meaningless colloquialism that he used to motivate the team when it probably had no basis in reality. That's all I'm saying.

I think you guys should keep him BTW. And I don't mean that tongue in cheek. I really do fear playing you guys because of him.

19. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Until 2 weeks ago most of the NY media (hence why i said you should work for them) Have all been saying he was a dead duck in NY. Then once he said this all hell broke lose with blogs and "articals" and such claiming he told his team he knew he was getting fired.

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Anybody who reads/trusts that garbage is an idiot. I'm surprised Rex even cares enough about that stuff to label it "word on the street" and use it to motivate the team. I guess that is my point.