How would you feel if NE wins a Super Bowl in our stadium ? ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NewYorkEveryThing, Dec 26, 2013.

?

How would you feel if NE or MIA won the Super Bowl in our Stadium ??

Poll closed Jan 16, 2014.
  1. Will never happen !

41 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. Would never go to a game there again!

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. Would Cry!

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
  4. Would say that woody got what he deserved in begging for a SB , Cause "NY" not him needs the money!

23 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. NewYorkEveryThing

Totally would suck and it does get really cold out here . It could be -10 degrees and windy or a mild 60 . Tom Brady is probably the best out there in the cold.

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Where is the "I like beer" option?

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Haha... so true. I'm a product of watching Dan Marino shit all over us so the Phins are stiull hated more than the Pats by me so I still think the Phins winning in NY would be worse. Hopefully we beat them this weekend and don't have to worry about that.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Without the Jets in the POs to knock them dirty rats out it's a possibility.

But with other HCs on the look out for dirty cheating rats they'll never make it.

Since they got caught cheating, they've been knocked out of the POs 3 times by teams that play at the Meadowlands!

5. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I'll answer that after black Monday.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets deal in the reality for a moment. First, it is not OUR stadium. We have Roomates. We're the only NFL franchise that has a Roomate. Woody didn't get his WSS so he settled instead of going with a plan B for the franchise. He's still on the hook for damn near a billion on a bland grey box he has to share with his direct competitor. Yeah, Woody fucked up and now he gets to reap what he sowed.

Since its not "Jets Stadium", it really doesn't matter who wins what unless the Jets are directly involved. Woody asked for, campaigned for, begged for a SB in his new stadium. The league rewarded him with this game mainly because of how the stadium was financed (not begging the league for huge cash). I'm sure the League has Jay's phone number just to check on the weather on SB Sunday. As has been reported, there's already a plan B in place in case of snow. Superbowl Monday anyone?

Dumb idea in the first place having the SB in a cold weather outdoor stadium. Weather shouldn't be a factor. I hope a Nor'easter comes up the coast and dumps 20". I would imagine Goodell is shitting triangles at the possibility.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I don't really consider it "our" stadium. It's new, it's not the Jets only, and it gives off no Jets vibe to it. It has not history on it yet either. Maybe other teams with new stadiums feel this way even without another tenant?

I never understood the weather shouldn't be a factor. Weather is a factor all season and all playoffs, why shouldn't it be involved in the SB? And why is cold/snow not allowable, but rain is fine as "weather" in the super bowl? The argument I do definitely agree with is that snow can completely wreck the plans of everyone traveling to SB location, traveling on actual game day, and conditions for the fans. A SB played in a half empty stadium doesn't look good..

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I didn't vote because this thread sucks. Shouldn't be in the Jets forum either. Ridiculous.

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Wouldn't effect me much. I live in Portland. But I guess it would kill a local Jets fan.
    I would get over it quickly.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Damn never thought about it.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Which the Jets have (but I know what you mean). After the 2015 SB which will be held in AZ, supposedly the '16 one will be a toss up between a south Florida location or possibly the 49ers new stadium. So, who knows? : )

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care where they win it. I've seen enough VLT victories for the Pats and Giants in my lifetime.

It will suck donkey balls no matter where they win it. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

13. hwismer

hwismer Active Member

I don't think it is going to happen but if the Pats do use the Jets' locker room, I hope it will be thoroughly checked for bugs afterwards.

14. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

It is going to happen,its already been scripted since the Boston Marathon bombing that at least two professional sports teams from the area win their respective championships this season. :grin:

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't lose one minute's sleep over it. Until you brought it up, I hadn't even considered the possibility. If it happens, it happens. What's the point of worrying about or getting upset over something that we have absolutely no control over? It won't be a bad reflection on the Jets so much as it would be Woody. He's the doofus that campaigned for it before the Jets had a team capable of competing for it.

I just don't think about other teams or fret over what they might or might not do. My only focus is on the Jets.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care at all what diffrence does it make where they win it

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with everything except the last paragraph. I think domes are for the fans. I guess I'm old fashioned enough that I like football on natural grass and in the elements. IMO the elements and turf are as much a part of the game as injuries. I actually like seeing teams play in the snow.

If the Pats are playing in the SB, I actually hope its pouring rain such that Brady only completes about 5 passes.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yanno, back in the day, I would agree but for the prices these fans will be paying for the priviledge, I think they should be afforded all the comfort that a multi thousand dollar ticket should provide. Sitting in the cold is ok for the regular season and the playoffs. I remember the Ice Bowl very well and I got cold watching it on TV. :)

These people aren't the same as we older fans are. They're paying quite a bit more for the ticket and if they had their druthers, would prefer sitting in Miami or Phoenix than Jersey in January.

I have a feeling that this is the first, and most likely the last, open air Northern Super Bowl. If we get a snowstorm, no way will Goodell aka: Godiva, will allow another cold weather SB. With Godiva, its all about the Networks, The Brand and The Revenue.

#38 Cman68, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Not happening. The team has Brady who constantly defies odds and makes crazy comebacks, but being one dimensional isn't going to win any playoff games. I doubt they get past round 1 unless they face whoever the 8-8 team is. If they face the Ravens again, they lose like usual. I don't see them beating the Bengals or Broncos. They might squeak by the Colts or Chiefs but that's as far as they go.

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Uh, if they beat the Bills they will already be past round 1. If they don't they will be playing the Phins, Chargers, or Ravens, who for some reason you say they will lose like usual even though they just beat them at home 41-7 and beat them in the playoffs as recently as 2011.

You don't see them beating the Bengals, who haven't won a playoff game recently, or the Broncos, who they already beat this year.

I can't find a good argument in your entire paragraph. They have as good a shot to reach the SB as any team in the AFC. I don't think they will but come up with some sort of argument next time.