Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Point 1 - I'll bet you there are at least 3 teams that would start him next year :wink:

Point 2 - He was pretty damn good in the clutch, then we broke him > Butt fumble > Pick 6 +++++

2. gustoonarmy

You know that will happen if that happens.... TGG will go into meltdown :grin:

3. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

But those teams are all in the CFL.

4. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

BINGO!!!!!!! You are the winner! These Sanchez hero worshipers are just doing their usual penance at the alter of below- mediocrity.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The Jets will bring in a veteran. The list of available veterans in 2014 is a sad list of career backups, failed starters, or one game wonders. Sanchez - for all of his faults - has won in NY, won 4 playoff games, led a top red zone offense, has demonstrated the ability to play at a high level in NY. If he played for any other team besides the Jets and was available this off season everyone would say he should be a serious option is Cutler isn't available (and Cutler isn't coming to NY).

6. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I really want him off, but considering there really isn't anyone on our roster or available in FA who is any better, we should try to bring him back for a lot less money.

Of course there is no guarantee he we take a pay cut, and there will be other teams who will want him. With talent around him, he is a serviceable QB... or at least an option until someone either steps up or shows up.

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The bolded is patently false. Mark Sanchez has never demonstrated the ability to consistently play quarterback at a high level, at least not by NFL standards.

8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Nonsense. The only people even willing to entertain the very notion that Sanchez is any good are delusional Jets homers. Fans of other teams, who are generally unburdened by the taint of green-colored glasses, see him for what he is: One of the very worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL over the last half-decade. If he played for another team, people on this message board would be appalled by the proposition of bringing him to the Jets.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

1. Like who?

2. Sanchez has had his clutch moments but he's not this big time clutch QB that his supporters make him out to be.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I really don't think it's going to matter, I think he's a goner.
    I've always said it and I'll say it again, Sanchez will be a good QB in this league.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If we cut him, can we resign him for less or does it have to be restructure where we just push the cap hit around?

12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Fans outside of NY see him for what the NY media has created. They don't see Schotty or Sporano, they don't see a revolving door are receiver, they don't see Wayne Hunter, Vlad, etc. They just see butt fumble and the circus of Tim Tebow, but a QB with 4 playoff wins, 2 AFC Championship game appearances, (9TD and 3 INT in the playoffs with a rating over 90), a guy that in 2011 led a top rated red zone offense...they guy isn't great but he can play and has shows his ability to play well in the clutch. Take away the NY microscope and they guy is better than what is available out there this off season.

The Jets aren't going to get an elite top tier QB in the draft and there isn't a free agent that really makes you think they could come in and start. So I see nothing wrong with reworking Sanchez and saying go battle Geno and some other rookie3rd round pick,

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Does a wild bear shit in the woods?

Seriously, I was never a fan of Sanchez' prior to the Jets drafting him, but he did surprise me positively on a few occasions. That said, I think the Jets handled him abysmally, and at a minimum, his confidence is shot. Some other team in another city may be able to resuscitate his career and get something positive out of him, but I think it's in his benefit, as well as the team's to move on. Even if his confidence weren't shot, I don't think Jets fans would ever accept him again.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mark is pretty much broken at this stage - he's mentally cooked. If he suffers a big hit the guy does not recover well. He plays so much worse.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. Both Shaun Hill and Josh McCown are much better than Sanchez. Sanchez needs to go. I think the minute he stepped on the field, he'd get booed off by Jets fans. I also think his confidence is shot here. If he has any chance to resuscitate his career, I think it will be elsewhere.

16. gustoonarmy

In no particular order...

Oakland - Where in TC I could see him winning out against Pryor

Jax - At the moment They are #1 to land Bridgewater, dependent on TC he may/may not start

Tampa - Are , they really sure of Glennon?

Chargers - I think this could very well be where he lands, obviously hes not starting, but other than Rivers after this season there ain't no one else.

Rams - back with Schottie??

17. gustoonarmy

Nailed it, and whos to blame?

18. 101GangGreen101

Wayne fucking Hunter. Tanny deserves the blame too, he kept this guy as our starting RT - he ruined the season.

Von Miller and Jason Babin destroyed Mark in 2011 and they broke him :sad:

Wayne didn't even try and stop those 2. Those hits were brutal man - those are usually plays where the RT at least HOLDS him and gets a flag.

Then the next season, against Pittsburgh, LaMarr Woodley hit Mark so hard he played like a bitch the rest of the season.

He's done.

#118 101GangGreen101, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  19. 101GangGreen101

Hunter should have been removed from the lineup when he tipped plays at the LOS during the Steeler's goal-line stand in the AFCCG.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Let's play that game then. Pick any QB you think is bad/mediocre do they get that same media excuse?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.