The other coaches thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Dec 23, 2013.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

That would make sense for the Jets. Fire Rex for some nobody with no experience as a head coach. Hey Woody, how about an experienced head coach this time? We've tried first time head coaches, they haven't worked.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I would be pissed if we hired another defensive head coach.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

*sigh*

At least the Rex haters will get their wish, Rex would be gone. We take 5 steps back.

Then Idzik gets fired, new coach etc etc the spiral of BS continues

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Idzik has every right to fire Rex, he is the General Manager of the New York Jets. With that said, Idzik BETTER get it right. If Rex is back, we all expect playoffs. If Idzik hires a new coach the expectations do not change, we expect playoffs. The only way to build on a 7-8 win season is by making the playoffs.

Idzik better be prepared for the scrutiny he will receive if the team is not playing in January in a years time if he makes a coaching change. Dont even get me started if Rex goes to a different team and makes the playoffs, Idzik will be under HEAVY fire two years into his job.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If he fires Rex, the next coach BETTER be get this team to 8 wins or more. I EXPECT playoffs, as long as we get pieces on offense. The arrow for this team is pointing up, there is no reason for any sort of step back, unless there are major injuries.

Idzik hires a coach and they go 4-12, I want Idzik out the door immediately - Woody should as well.

7. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Idzik was told Rex stays, if you want the job you have to take him for one year. He did now he gets his own man, I am fine with. That.
    Now this latest save Rex because he beat the Browns, I believe the only reason they beat the Browns was the fact that Rex told them they are now auditioning for jobs on practice squads of other teams especially on offense, Nelson Winslow Holmes are working on being offered contracts on other teams this is their two games to make the most of their chance.
    As far as the players liking Rex, all I can say is this is good and bad, the good you would think is that the players will hustle for him, the bad is leading the league in pre snap penalties comes from players not fearing the consequences from a coach if they screw up, Parcells would never coach a team with that stat.
    Let downs after big wins comes from players not fearing the coach for having let downs.
    If the Jets keep this guy and we as fans have to witness this non stop lack of discipline being portrayed with a lack of consistent performance there will be even more empty seats than there were at the Browns game.
    Now to everyone who has a problem with starting over with a new coach, in1998 the Jets went to the AFC title game they did not make it that far again until 2009, with a first year coach, with a new staff, his name was Rex Ryan.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Look if Idzik wants to go ahead with a new head coach, thats fine. We all want a General Manager that has the power to be the General Manager. We don't want a half-ass manager, it wont work, never has, never will.

BUT whoever Idzik goes with, its playoffs or bust. Period. This is a 7 win team with a ton of cap space to bring in the necessary players to win us 2-3 more games. If he is planning on bringing in an offensive guru then the offense should be much improved and compile that with the defense and this team should be expected to be in the playoffs.

Idzik has to do what Idzik thinks is best. Idzik shouldnt keep Rex just to buy time either if he doesnt feel he is the best possible candidate to coach the 2014 Jets. If Idzik brings Rex back then that should mean Idzik believes that Rex is the best guy for the job, it would split the blame if they fail in 2014, (although Rex will take the fall). If Idzik brings in his own guy the blame will fall 100% on Idzik.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

WRs coach Sanjay Lal should be gone. Our WRs have shown poor technique and minimal improvement under this guy. I think MM should bring in one of his boys for WRs. See if Stephen Hill can be turned around with a different approach and teacher.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol this post was all over the place, barely made any sense. I just had to check out what other gems you may have come up with, read all 12 of your posts, 11 of them shit on Rex somehow, even when he has no connection to the topic/problem being talked about. You're just a blind Rex hater. Probably a woman because nothing you write has any logic to it.

#50 74, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Exactly the pressure is on because the Jets either go 7-9 or 8-8 this year. If there isn't a major QB injury next year, the next coach has playoffs or bust for him because of what Rex left. If he happens to go worse than Rex's worst of 6-10, there is going to be ton of second guessing on Idzik and his choice. The bar is high.

You could kind of tell the Jets weren't expecting to be a playoff team because they initially didn't try to bubble Geno, but once they saw "hey the AFC is weak and we have a shot", they tried to adjust to that.

Thinking about it, both Rex or a new HC has playoffs or bust for next year even if that's not fair for the new HC.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The pressures officially on, this is playoffs or failure now. There are two possible routes that Idzik can take:

-Keep Rex and Rex will take the fall if we fail
    -Choose another head coach but if we fail the blame is 100% on John Idzik

If Idzik is confident enough to put his ass on the line then thats fine, he can't miss though. If he screws up, the media and the fan base is going to be relentless. Whoever the head coach is will not be the one under scrutiny, it will be the general manager point blank. I don't care if the head coach singlehandedly costs us the season, the blame would still fall on Idzik for bringing him in, in the first place.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I probably would be at first too, but if he proves to be a solid HC, doesn't make wholesale changes to the systems, and with Idzik, is able to build and field a strong offense, I would get over it. If OTOH, he fails, and we're right back in the same place in a few years. I will be screaming for Idzik's head unless he has done one incredible job with the draft and FA, but if he's done that good of a job with those two areas, then the HC probably wouldn't be failing or have failed.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

If Rex goes they all will go.if rex stays they all will stay.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's not what happened when Mangini got fired.

Aside from the coaches I'd like to see stay, Lal should be gone either way IMO.

#55 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I just have to laugh at all these we MUST make the playoffs next year, playoffs or under fire because we go 7-9 or 8-8 this year with a little luck - I won't go so far to say it was a great coaching job, because this penalty ridden, uninspired play half the time team cannot be classified as well coached.
    The Jets will most likely NOT making the playoffs next year , with or without Rex - If we do great but let's not delude ourselves into thinking this roster is better than it is.

The Patriots and Dolphins are both tremendously better than the Jets and still will be next year, that makes winning the Division highly unlikely. That means the Jets would be fighting against a lot of better teams with better QB's for a wild card.
    There are at least 2 teams clearly better than the Jets now in every other division (KC, SD, Den), (Ind, Tenn), (Cin, Bal) all of whom should still be better next year.

This team is 2 years away with 2 good off seasons from really being able to compete, which is why Rex needs to go now rather than later.

#56 Section 336, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  17. Murrell2878

It will happen this time. if we hire in college head coach they will bring in their own staff. If we bring in an offensive coordinator they will bring in their own staff with a different offensive philosophy. our defensive coaches will follow Rex wherever he goes.

18. Mitch_Dumstein

And don't forget the Jaguars, Browns, Bills, Raiders and any other team who are also ALL tremendously and clearly better than the Jets and will be forever and who you don't hate loathe and despise as you do the Jets.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Dunbar isn't a "rex guy", so I'm hoping we can figure out a way to retain him. I agree that most of the defensive coaches will follow Rex.

Lee might be worth keeping as well.

20. Murrell2878

I wish we had Lee the previous 4 years, but i doubt he would be retained especially if bring inn an offensive coach. Dunbar could stay only because of how great this DL can be and how great he has been for this DL . Other than that you would see a lot of coaching turnover.