Are You SURE You REALLY Want Sanchez Off The Jets ??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would like for the QB depth chart to be 3 at the most.

Start Geno to begin the 2014 season - see how he has progressed. Acquire a vet like McCown or Shaun Hill (Start if Geno struggles bad). And of course a rookie QB drafted in the 3rd round or so.

Get Simms, Garrard, and Sanchez off the team.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with competition. When you don't have a QB you can't just blindly hand guys the job. We did it with Sanchez, we got nothing. Geno has not proven this year that he deserves to be our QB for next year. Therefore, you have to bring in competition for him. If he is good it will show and everything will settle itself out.

I don't want a QB "derby" but bringing in a vet and drafting a rookie at some point in this years draft is far from "insane".

3. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Sanchez will not be with the Jets in 2014, he'll be in the NFL as a backup, but not on the Jets.

4. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

No way do I want Sanchez on this team and I hope the front office feel the same way.

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

There is a big difference between your plan and Hasty's. Three QBs on the roster is fine - every team has that. Smith, a veteran like Hill or Moore, and a rookie (drafted in the middle rounds - not with the first 3-4 picks).

Sanchez didn't fail because he had no competition. Sanchez failed for many other reasons - his own physical and mental shortcomings, he came out too early, he had bad OCs, he was asked to throw too much at times in his first season (Buffalo), and then in 2011 and 2012, when he was handed the keys, he was given a Nova to drive rather than a Cadillac . The competition he had in year 4 - Tebow, is the biggest distraction in NFL history. Most successful NFL QBs do not have competition. It is better to give one player the reps and the time and develop that player. Switching back and forth at the QB position means a team has no QB. And having a QB constantly playing with the threat of being pulled is no way to develop a QB either. Go down the starting QBs in the NFL and tell me who thrived because of competition? It is good to have an alternative, but not uncertainty from week to week or season to season.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Sanchez go to Arizona so he can torture me for another 4 years.

7. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

And you'd prefer stats over playoff wins... Look, Mark has never once had a single receiver the callobor of Johnson not to mention Calvin. Either way, you put Mark in Det or Houston and he leads these teams to playoff appearances and wins. Period

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Along with the physical skill set, I think you need a natural leader at the QB position.

Sancho does not fit the bill, and Geno doesn't appear to either.

#68 al_toon_88, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Stafford is getting a few hits in Detroit but if he was in NY he'd be getting roasted. Check out the Free Press.....A NY QB gets ripped more for the preseason.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Stafford has escaped big time while QBs like Cam, Jay, and Tony have been criticized heavily in his place

11. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

The only point was that I don't want Sanchez back. I do think however, with time and seasoning, Geno can be a special QB. He certainly has the physical tools.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Carson Palmer isn't enough? 4 INTs and the W in Seattle.

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Where did I say that i'd rather have stats then playoff wins?

You can't base everything just off of two seasons where our TEAM won 4 playoff games.

Stafford is a far superior QB, if you don't think so your not watching. Period.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The only 2 people I can think of offhand that wants Mark back is Rex and nyjunc.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You have to remember that we're the fanbase that values AFCCG losses over SB appearances. Think "Just happy to be there" and it all becomes clear.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Super Bowl?...Schtuper Bowl!....Mark led us to more playoff wins than Namath.

:wink:

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...winning the Super Bowl is soooo over-rated.

That's what my buddy Alex says all the time.

He's from Buffalo.

18. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

What I really want is no more Sanchez threads.

19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just have to let a player start fresh somewhere else. The psychological argument is dominant at this point. It would just be too embarrassing for Sanchez to be a backup on the Jets next season.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

And according the Nyjunc (even though he was not alive then), the Jets SB was tainted and that team was undeserving because the Jets played in a weak division, only had to win 2 playoff games (even though that was the set up back then) and played at home in the AFL title game. According to our resident NFL expert, no team in NFL history had an easier path to the SB than the 68 Jets, who only had to beat a 13-2 team and a 14-1 team to win the SB. What a breeze that was. It doesn't compare to the 2009 and 2010 Jets teams that didn't even win the division and beat juggernauts like the Bengals and Chargers on their way to those storied AFC Championship appearances that no NFL fan will ever forget. Sanchez>Namath any day.:breakdance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.