What is Your Final Vote on Rex Ryan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 18, 2013.

?

What Would You Do With Rex Ryan?

1. Keep Him

77.7%
  2. Fire Him

22.3%
  1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Funny but realistically sad sack Woody is going to give the team to his son so all NYJ fans better pray that he got his brains from trophy mom cause if he got them from dad the NYJs may not win a s SB in 100 years JMHO :sad:

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes I was referring to skill players. Woodhead is a pretty good weapon who would help most teams. He has more receiving yards than any player on our team.

That's a guy Rex let slip through his fingers.

I'm sure you could win a championship with Woodhead being a part of your RB rotation.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That would be okay. That is not a big fancy signing because relatively speaking nobody would care. The Jets adding a guard is not going to make anyone excited on ESPN or NFLN. Nobody will be talking about it.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think the bottom line is John Idzik has spent a year with Rex and now has to decide if he feels he can win with Rex in the future, Rex is better than any other option out there, or someone is better and it is time to fire Rex. That simple. Hopefully Woody gives Idzik full ability to make such a move.

5. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Rex isnt going anywhere...I believe this was very clear from the owner to the GM when he hired him.

The only person who could fire Rex is the owner!

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Exactly,No on seems to understand this.Doesnt anyone remember the presser at the end of last season?Woody and Rex and Rex was talking about getting a second chance to basically do it over.Rex isnt going anywhere

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Exactly-Rex isn't going anywhere unless Woody and Idzik decide to fire him.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am truly surprised by how wide a margin Rex is winning this poll.

Rex has shown time and time again that he is in over is head and is not really head coach material. This team has on numerous occasions been flat out unprepared to play.
    He has not learned or grown as a HC from his first season and still makes many of the same mistakes.

Rex should have been gone after last season, and regardless of the outcomes of the next 2 games should be gone at the end of this season.

Some of the Rex apologists here sound like the Sanchez apologists making excuse after excuse to support him.

9. The Dark Knight

The Jets Players voted KEEP HIM today. Good effort.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The players had all season to vote.

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Lol whut?

_

12. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

dead on!! well said.

13. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Surprised to see so much Rex support honestly, 3 non-winning seasons in a row and people still want him around, this is a rather rare occasion, especially in New York.

14. The Dark Knight

I said that already, but no doubt about it.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's because some people actually look at the facts.

Fact is.. This roster has been pure garbage for the past three fucking years, it's not gotten better in anyway on the offensive side of the ball, only worse.

You factor in what Rex has already accomplished with a roster that was worth a damn, people can see that he has a very good resume before us and as HC of this team. If we win next week, technically that means we've only had one losing season under Rex Ryan. Three non-playoff appearances.

That's easy to do when your working with such hot garbage like our roster has been.

The guy has made us relevant, through good and bad. Great coaches don't grow on trees, they grow and learn just like players do. Rex has so much knowledge and passion for this game, he is a winner, people can see this.

Losing Rex would be awful. Consequences would be a plenty.

16. Zombies

Zombies Member

For what he's been able to get out of this team in a "quarterbacks' league" with maybe one season of league average quarterback play, firing Rex Ryan would be insanely harsh.

Where's the preseason prediction thread? Did anyone expect this bunch to have a winning record? If they did, I can almost guarantee it was out of faith in Rex Ryan and not in the players. This is an inexperienced, imbalanced roster in transition - a transition which, for me, Rex is managing just fine. The locker room apparently loves him and we're seeing young players come through with a real shot at having significant NFL careers. There aren't that many easy games in this league and even teams stacked with talent aren't entitled to any set number of wins.

We have a steady hand at OC with Marty Mornhinweg. Ivory and Powell are a good rushing attack with our line; Mike Goodson had a bad injury and goofy off-field drama but he looked like a real weapon before he went down. Kerley, Nelson and Cumberland are good ascending pass catchers even if they'll never be stars. If management at least gives Rex his version of "Eric Mangini and Brett Favre: Electric Boogaloo" and goes all-out for Cutler (or even an equivalent #1 WR), I think this is a real offense.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

anyone who doesn't want rex really should go root for another team. I know we don't have the most intelligent fanbase but how stupid can we be to want to get rid of Rex? he should be up for coach of the year w/ the incredible job he did this year.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If we went 9-7 and still missed the playoffs he should be in contention for COTY. That was not the case. Though he did an excellent job this year and I would say with the lack of talent it was his best year coaching

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

7-8 and coach of the year? holy shit. So much for putting a higher standard on these rewards..

Idzik got this team to 1 extra win as well. Executive of the year?

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Idzik did very little other than clean up the cap which was easily done. The football world thought we'd win 2-4 games this year, we have 7 and can win 8. It was a masterful job especially considering Idzik forced a QB on rex who wasn't ready to play.