The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No but had he sucked today he would've sucked with no excuses. Geno plays well and he did it against bad teams. So either way he gets no credit. I think Geno has potential but the book isn't written on Geno after 15 games.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

He did look good today. He actually went through some of his reads today and didnt stare down receivers the whole time. If he can play like that consistently, that would be great. I still hope we add a QB this offseason to compete. If we put weapons around him, he could be pretty good. Problem is, we dont know if we are getting an improved Geno next year or the Geno between weeks 6-14

3. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

What kind of nonsense is this? If he played well against good teams he'd get credit for that, unfortunately that hasn't happened. He's also looked like complete shit against bad teams several times this year, if he consistently played well against bad teams he'd get credit for that too.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He does it against bad teams because he doesn't have to run for his life against bad teams because his line can block and his receivers can get open. I agree with you, the kid has potential to become a decent player; we gotta see how he plays with some form of talent on his team.

5. The 1985er

That's not my point. My point is that if he plays like shit, he plays like shit. But if he has a good game there is always some kind of excuse for why. Today had he played like garbage he'd get called out for it (rightfully so) but since he played well, it was only the Browns.

Geno played well against the Pats btw.

6. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

It's not an excuse it is what it is. The 2 wins the Jets have this year against good teams are the Pats and the Saints. The Pats defense is awful and he did absolutely nothing in the Saints game. If he had played a good game against the Bengals or the Panthers, or even borderline teams like Miami and Baltimore no one would have had anything to say.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think you want me to give Geno more credit for the win than he deserves.

While he did not screw things up I do not think that we won because of Geno.

8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

All 4 of those teams u named have above average defenses they do what they did to a lot of QBs so of course the weapon-free jets O makes it 2x harder for the ROOK... Plus we gotta stop talking about what we did against these "good or bad" teams.. NEWS FLASH: look at our team on paper.. We aint that good either bro .. So these are good games to evaluate what we have in Geno..

9. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

For what it's worth (Counting rushing TDs)

In Wins: 15 TD 5 INT
    In Losses: 2 TD 16 INT

That's a drastic difference. I hope we see more good Geno.

10. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He didn't turn the ball over today.. End of story. He played good against the Browns. Still throws to his receivers too high and misses some open guys, but he didn't look awful like he has a lot of this season.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh not at all. I just think when rushing yards are mentioned talking about a running game support a QB, the rushes should be broken out into RB and QB.

I think Geno played a big part in us winning but that's just opinion anyways. I think it was good to see him bouncing back from his horrid stretch and seeming to understand the game better. Who know if it will hold up. I also enjoyed to hear MM through the announcers saying they want to work on Geno's footwork and throwing motion this offseason

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Our wide receivers made plays today, all Geno had to do was make a read and throw an accurate pass. Those crossing routes killed the Browns all day long, I think they are one of the easier passes to complete.

13. The 1985er

I thought Geno did okay against Carolina. Btw it is an excuse. When you (not really saying you per say) say things like oh it's only the _____ that is a discredit to him. Especially when people are more likely to shit on him when he plays like shit than to give him credit if he plays well.

No QB ever goes into a game and throw 100% perfect passes and never miss reads.

14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

so, uh... all he had to do was play Quarterback?

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That's not all a QB does.

16. jetemp

jetemp New Member

Another good game for Geno. With a little time to throw and a few receivers that aren't practice squad rejects, Geno gets it done.

The Jets got so lucky that he fell to the second round.

17. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Excited to see what Geno can do with actual NFL receivers next year. Great game today.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Great great game by Geno. I'm one of his most critical fans but there was nothing to be critical about him today.

Seriously, he looked in command and totally accurate. Have to watch the game on DVR but live he looked really good.

This was a game he needed. He threw some extremely tight balls today and was the cleanest he's played all year.

_

19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He did not "fall" to the second round.

He was drafted exactly where he should have been and we got gret value.

_

20. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Lucky? He's been beyond awful 95 percent of the season. He regressed. I believe lucky is extremely premature at this point.