The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2011 not even close, 2012 it was somewhat similar but mark was still much better though he stunk too.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Not to put down Geno, but there's a reason Geno was a 2nd round pick at #39 and why Peyton was the #1 overall pick in '98.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

We can debate who Geno is and who he isn't until the cows come home.

Everyone is passionate and is trying to make valid points.

But the folks that trot out comparisons between Geno Smith and any of Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman or John Elway are idiots.

No disrespect to true idiots.

Geno Smith is not Peyton Manning.

Geno Smith is not Troy Aikman.

Geno Smith is not John Elway.

You sound foolish.

_

4. JStokes

Let it go, sg3 is just on his way to another ban. Don't get yourself banned in the process.

_

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

You should stop posting here guy.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Thats where that douche went to?!

7. JStokes

Don't let yourself to get drawn into his suck, don't get yourself banned for a troll bopping back from board to board to board getting banned and re-registering under a new user name.

sg3, Mitchdumpstein, whatever he calls himself these days, his true posting style always comes out and he'll eventually get banned, but he takes down good posters in the process.

Don't bite.

I'm serious.

_

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

the point is why judge Geno after 1 year, learning a complicated offense

he showed us some good and a lot of bad but that was expected

9. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

At the end of the day it won't matter who the Jets have at QB if they don't bring in some offensive weapons first, geno or otherwise.

10. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

It might be a bit easier for Geno or any other QB to bounce back from a rookie year with more experience and better weapons surrounding him. We have a 4th year QB that was #32 rated in the NFL the last year and yet his fan club boys think he would have been all-world with our current team despite its lack of weapons because of MM. I doubt that. I think the best course of action for the Jets is to acquire QB competition for Geno and let them compete in camp. Winner is our starter. Sanchez will do well elsewhere as he needs a change of scenery and has limited talent.

11. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

and that is exactly the truth. Those fan club boys who think Sanchez will be the franschise QB we covet will be the first to cry foul if we FAIL to upgrade our Offensive roster and start Sanchez next year! I can just see them slobbering all over their computers in support of their hero. Yet they make no allowances for Geno.

12. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Geno's stats so far look a lot like Matt Stafford's rookie year. I'm not a fan of Stafford though, so I do not find that encouraging.

13. Mitch_Dumstein

Well done...only correction needed is that Sanchez was ranked #36 out of 32 in the final rankings of 2012 NFL quarterbacks

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Good comparison. I never thought to compare him to Stafford's rookie year. Numbers below:

Stafford: 13 TD (3.4%), 20 INT (5.3%), 226.7 ypg, Rating 61.0, Cmp% 53.3, Y/A 6.0, 2 rushing TDs, 4 fumbles, 10 games started.

Geno: 10 TD (2.1%), 21 INT (5.5%), 188.7 ypg, Rating 62.9, Cmp% 55.3, Y/A 7.0, 4 rushing TDs, 8 fumbles, 14 games started.

Geno's showed better health early in his career than Stafford did. Both of them were INT machines, Stafford was probably on pace to break the record if he played 6 more games. Stafford was better at throwing for more yards per game and TDs per attempt, but Geno throws for more yards per attempt and has rushed better but more turnover prone.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Stafford was like a ball of raw talent coming out of college. He'd had two so-so years and then a huge leap in his senior year. There were questions about his accuracy and his throwing motion and other mechanics. He had a tremendous arm though and he'd been blowing away SEC secondaries his senior year. The Lions had Calvin Johnson and they took Brandon Pettigrew as their second 1st round pick that year.

Then he got hurt. His rookie year looked a lot like Troy Aikmans but worse given the era and the stadium and the talent he played with.

#7195 Br4d, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

great game for Geno, mind you I missed the first quarter so if something bad happened then I missed it (it wasn't a pick I know that) but can't ask for much more than what he did today.

17. John

John Active Member

I want geno starting next year with a 1st rounf wr and a fa wr i also want rex back!

Great win today and great game by dee

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

That's the plan though I want a veteran backup QB brought in that's a professional like a McCown. Might need FA for a TE and I want Dri Archer somewhere.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Geno did a good job today making plays. I still believe we acquire a vet QB and draft one next season. Not in the first round.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

One of Geno's best games today. He shows promise time to time.

Big arm, good speed, he has the ability and going forward into his second year with hopefully better talent on offense, he can show what he truly is made of. Can't close the book on the kid just yet.