What is Your Final Vote on Rex Ryan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 18, 2013.

?

What Would You Do With Rex Ryan?

1. Keep Him

77.7%
  2. Fire Him

22.3%
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Man, it seems like so many are wearing green googles.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

The last two drafts coulda been better if one of them brought in some decent players at the skill positions..Stephen Hill flopped =/ .. this team lacks that home run hitter! hopefully we can bring in a WR, TE, & RB (please get deanthony thomas!!) this time around, GENO neeeeeeeds help badly!

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You wanted Geno Smith though. You got your wish. :grin:

Just like Tannebaum is forever tied to the Sanchez extension, you are forever tied to the Geno Smith pick on this board lol.

(don't get offended man - I am only messing)

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Visibly asshurt RR detractors.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Jets O was epic in 09 and 10. The QB wasn't epic, he was raw and not that good. We had a killer OL and a great running game both years.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

I like rex, but he has the same faults and talent as his dad. the ed reed and trevor price situations are a perfect example, not counting sanchez vs either Simms or McElroy last year. having a so-called vet backup who can't play , like Garrard or Brunell, is also damning.

I expect idzik will replace rex with bevel, if he will take the job. not everyone you listed will want to come here.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Bringing in Trevor Pryce in 10 for the stretch run was a bad thing?

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Compared to bringing in Ed Reed to start for the stretch run in 13 it was pure genius.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it was awesome carving up the Bills and raiders in '09 plus the Indy/Cincy backups but the reality is the run game was never great in '09 and in '10 when LT averaged 3 YPC the last 11 games it wasn't great either. We won games throwing in 2010.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i will say i am a bit surprised at the current standings in the poll. i really thought that more people would be willing to part ways with him.

i guess junc was wrong that everyone are nitwit fans who want to change every 5 years so the team has no chance.

well played tgg well played!

11. JetLifeLo

I dont know whyy everyone is overreacting as if this isnt what we all knew this season would look like.. Rex rallied the troops and and won more games than any of us thought.. Why are people so angry that we're not in the playoffs again? To me he showed that he is leading this team in the right direction.. only thing i think rex messed up with is he thought he could play cromartie like revis on defense.. cromartie is not capable of covering that much field alone and thats why he is getting burnt so much.. but for the first time since he was calling the plays his first two years the guys up front bringin that pressure and thats the core of a solid D .. offense just gotta be upgraded with proven & new young talent in the off season and were good to go.. back in the post season

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Not good enough bud. A real coach would make the playoffs with the worst turnover margin in football!

:lol:

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I don't know what you thought? Bad teams in the nfl win 7, 8 and 9 games every year. The Jets aren't very good but they have equal talent to a good number of NFL teams many of whom they played this year, some who reside in their division.

14. JetLifeLo

But he did.. Marky Mark was a turnover machine and we still went to the AFCC twice.. but then again we had REAL talent then on the offense at that time

15. JetLifeLo

Not on offense... I dont see a worse offense in the league on paper .. every team has at least ONE weapon.. but notttttt thee jettttssss

16. mr nyjet

the guy who got cut was productive, both running and in the passing game, didn't fumble ( McKnight) and cost us nothing. went to the pats and helped their offense destroy us more often the not.

he went to sd as fa for a nice contract. price went home to his sofa.

17. mr nyjet

two wrongs don't make a right.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

well, my vote comes with an asterisk. You may recall I was against the Ryan hire in the first place. He should have been fired after 2012. Well, he wasn't. Problem is, he didn't do anything THIS season to justify being fired. If Ryan gets fired in a couple weeks it is because Johnson realized a new head coach was not going to have a good record in 2013 and many fans would have revolted. Whoever coaches this team in 2014 should do alright unless the guy is a complete turd like Kotite or Steckel or Rust or McPherson or Hugh Campbell, etc. The Jets will be in much better cap shape in 2014. It will be a better roster. I expect that a new coach could get the Jets in the playoffs in 2014. The rebuilding was in 2012 and 2013. There is no such thing as a multi-year rebuild anymore. The 1970s are over.

19. mr nyjet

disagree on only one point: seattle rebuild was 3 year project. unless you want a long-term cap problem, using draft for rebuild is way to go. free agency is too expensive. trades like one for tone not way to go either, since those guys want mega contract when they hit free agency. rather get vet at minimum, or draft and reward those guys, within reason, after 4 years.

still, you see teams like steelers let guys walk rather than overpay and tie up too much money in any one position/ area. long term view over short term one.

#299 mr nyjet, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Junc was wrong???? Well that would be a..........wait........nothing new here. Move along. Junc was wrong again. The sun will also rise tomorrow.