Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsandcanes, Dec 17, 2013.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'm saying i'd take Peyton Manning over Mark Sanchez in any game in any situation. That's not debatable.

He threw 3 incompletions in a game where he wasn't asked to very much. Peyton is asked to do it all. Obviously that comes with being one of the greatest of all-time but he's asked to carry much more weight then Mark Sanchez is. That's for sure.

You can't break a performance down to 1 play. Yes he threw the pick in the SB. He threw the ball 45 times in that game. He completed 31 of those throws. He played well in that game. The other guys get paid to play too. They kept his offense out of the end zone. Your not playing scrubs in the Super Bowl. Your playing another great team or a team thats really hot at the right time and has everything going their way.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Peyton in my estimation played a bad Super Bowl. It wasnt impressive up until the pick 6, and it CERTAINLY wasnt impressive after the pick 6.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Imo Sanchez will never take another snap in a Jet uni.

4. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he played a great one. By the standards he set for himself it definitely wasn't his best moment. But bad is to strong of a word. If he turned it over on downs in that spot or a receiver or RB fumbled that ball instead of him throwing the pick I dont think anyone would be saying his performance was bad.

You can't take away what happened, I understand that. But i'd still say overall he played fairly well. And to even compare Sanchez and Peyton is ludicrous IMO.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Where did you get your statistics from? Anyway, I'm by no means absolving Peyton in his role in his teams playoff losses. However unlike you I'm not putting it ALL on him. Whether win or lose btw.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Look at the list of playoff losses I gave you. Basically the only one where he wasn't the biggest culprit was our 41-0 win over them in 2002 where it was a total team collapse but again you win allowing 41 pts, you can't win scoring 0.

7. The 1985er

You made it up. I don't have the energy to dissect every game like you do. Which brings me to a point I made earlier. If you can blame Peyton ( or anybody else) for playoff losses. Then I can blame Sanchez for what happened the last few years right?

8. nyjunc

I never said mark was blameless, he deserves his share of the blame.

9. The 1985er

Whatever "%" of blame you give Peyton I give the same to Sanchez. Fair or no?

10. nyjunc

No, Peyton is a HOFer mark is not. They should not be judged against each other. The standards are MUCH higher for Peyton.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

now i havent been following this thread but i know in the past peyton manning has come up.

so i ask you this, if they shouldnt be judged against eachother why do you keep talking about peyton manning in these mark sanchez threads?

i mean the only thing they have in common is that neither one of them will be on the jets in a couple months.

12. The 1985er

You can't have it both ways. You can't compare Sanchez to Peyton in regards to the playoffs. But then say that you can't judge them the same. That's a double standard.

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

LMAO at the fact theres post with Mark Sanchez and Peyton Manning in the same sentence...

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Mark will be successful as a starter with another team but unfortunately his time in NY is up.
    The change of scenery is sorely needed for him to salvage his career.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm not as sure as you sound on this.

Yeah, your post just did it again :rofl:

I think this would be best case for Sanchez. Get out of NY, end up as a backup or competing for a job somewhere, work on his game, and maybe either be a very late bloomer or bounce around. Kellen Clemens is bouncing around still be a QB teams want, I'm sure Sanchez could do the same especially once all the money on his contract is gone.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I seriously would like to see him get one more shot, especially in Marty's Offense.

But for a shit ton less $

17. The 1985er

Some of you guys have battered wife syndrome when it comes to Sanchez.

18. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Sanchez will likely never play for the Jets again; and if you're a
    fan of his, that's a good thing for Mark. He needs a fresh start
    as much as the Jets do.