What is Your Final Vote on Rex Ryan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 18, 2013.

?

What Would You Do With Rex Ryan?

1. Keep Him

77.7%
  2. Fire Him

22.3%
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

No. Stop with this bullshit.

Please tell me why he should get extended. You are talking out of your ass. Actually, thats probably an insult to shit considering some of the posts you've made. WHY should he get extended, other than the fact that you obviously have an emotional connection to him. I provided you with facts. Care to actually post some content, rather than bullshit one lines that have no substance. What has he done within the last three years to earn an extension? How does he fit into our rebuild, specifically on the offensive side? Do you think he can be a HC of a team that has a capable offense, and more importantly, do you think he can sacrifice on the defensive side in order to help the offense?

Ill be waiting, clown.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He used to post here under another name, was permabanned, went to Jets Insider, pulled the same stuff there that he pulled here and got banned over there so he came back here. And is pulling the same stuff.

Get used to it, it's what he does. Makes the board unreadable.

_

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

And we were also a team not benching their starters from not having this discussion right now. Maybe, just maybe, he has gotten the defense to over achieve. But the offense sure as hell have not over achieved. The ONLY thing this team has is its front 7 right now. We have put 3 1st round picks, and 2 3rd round picks into it. Its not like he's made nothing out of chicken shit. Wilkerson, Coples and Richardson would succeed on almost any team. He hasnt gotten Reed and Landry to overachieve, and our corners sure as hell havent overachieved this year. He hasnt gotten any of our recievers, TE's or QBs to overachieve.

Tanny was blamed, and he lost his job. Tanny certainly wasnt behind everything though, Rex's hands are all over this team. You're a fool if you think otherwise. There's a reason why so many of our resources have been put into the defense rather than the offense... Im gonna go out on limb and say its because we have an extremely defensive minded coach.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Ah. Thanks for the info. They made the correct decision the first time around.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Honestly, he made JI unreadable, posters hated him over there.

It shouldn't take too much longer for a ban here though, I think they've caught up with him quicker this time.

Some posters just can't change.

_

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm all about consistency. We have such a young group of players where switching up schemes or philosophies can hinder their growth. If we keep churning out coaches (whether HC, OC, or DC), I feel like we will be no better than a dog running around in circles chasing its own tail.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

Sad thing is, I was actually looking forward to another bullshit response about Rex. Dont think I'll be getting one now :sad:

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

bottom line is rex ryan has been pretty mediocre.

9-7
    11-5
    8-8
    6-10
    x-8+

not exactly the type of stuff you write home about. i just dont see him making it through this, now if he had 2 years left i still think woody would want to keep him but i dont see him reupping with rex. i also dont see idzik as a big fan of rex and i cant really blame him.

9. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Mediocre or not if he can manage to finish out the season 8-8 do you really
    fire a head coach with 1 losing season in 5 years?

Idzik and Woody know exactly what our QB's and Rex as a coach has dealt with. All the personnel changes coaching changes.
    I mean im am far from a Sanchez supporter but even good QB's need consistency in their receivers and Mark never had that.

It is seriously rare to see a GM fired and the head coach not go with him . I seriously believe Tanny was 90% responsible for the shape of this roster
    and cap space fuckery that went on in his last 3 years. Damn near every expert had this team pegged for 2-4 wins this season. If he manages a 500% this season
    they should renew him for 2 years.

10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Until there is someone better available who wants to run the Jets, keep him.

11. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I hate the unknown so I voted to keep him.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I guess i should introduce myself im Lo .. From Philly..Only 22.. But trust me ima die hard jet fan and i know my stuff (at least of my era) Jets fan since i learned the game of football.. look forward to chattin with yall more often though!

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

There is no way that this mess is only 90% Tanny. Yes, he was the one handing out the contract, but Rex's hands are all over this team man. Santonio Holmes was one of Rex's "guys", and he had to be resigned. We signed him at market value because Rex liked him so much. Same thing for Bart Scott. The best resources that have been put into our offense over the last 5 years have been Vlad Duccasse and Stephen Hill. Id say about 80% of our resources have been put on the defensive side. Rex's mindset is most definitely reflected on almost EVERYTHING we have during his time here. Chasing Nnamdi? To form Rex's ultimate CB duo. Trading Revis and then drafting Milliner? Rex's defense cant miss a beat!

Our offense during this time has been pieced together with WR's and TE's off the street- Nelson, Burress, Mason (we lost Cotch because Mason was a Rex guy), Cumberland, Winslow, Sudfeld, Gates, Salas... Our two RT's during this time were right off the street as well. Luckily one of them has worked out.

Maybe its just me thats sick of seeing this type of offense, who knows.

14. JetLifeLo

That Rex's personel though, hes a defensive guy, it runs in his family.. it WINS HIM GAMES, It would be different if he never showed us he can take us far with it.. when Idzik gives MARTY some weapons he can run the show on offense.. Rex is our dictator/leader and just so happens to thrive as a defensive coach. He's the right guy with the right people around him. Marty is perfect.. lets get Geno some playmakers this off season with all that money we got then we'll all be happy jet fans again before you know it..whooping on the Patriots.. (Btw Rex makes Brady look like a high schooler in the games vs the pats when the offense is clicking) idk about you but as a Jets fan i LOVE that shit!

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

How do you know that Geno is the right guy? The guy cant get off his first read. You simply cant succeed in the NFL like that. Do you trust Rex to develop a franchise QB?

How do you know that NOW, Rex will finally realize that we need talent on offense? He hasnt in the past. Why would that change now? What makes you think that if Sammy Watkins and Kalil Mack are on the board, that he's going to choose the player that helps the offense?

Those are just some of the questions that I have about Rex, and if you ask me, there's too many for a 5th year coach.

-

This so called great defense, isnt so great. We have a great front 7, due to the 3 1st round picks, but our secondary is shit even though Rex has sunk two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder + 10 mil a year from Cro in it. Rex has his guys at safety, and they are pretty much garbage, meanwhile Allen is on the bench.

Rex's blitz schemes have exponentially weakened since 2009, and now the only way we are getting to the QB is because of all the draft picks put into it.

Oh yeah, and Rex's "way" hasnt won more games than it has lost us in recent years.

16. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, but you just named the only coach in the last 25 years in the NFL that had more consistent success with similar or worse talent at QB. The only coach. Are you certain Cowher will take the job? Yes? Then fine, fire Rex. Otherwise, I want to know the coach that's going to come in and be more successful than Rex over the next 5 years with the QB tandem of Sanchez and Geno.

And even Cowher couldn't win a SB until the GM got him a real QB and stopped sending him out there with Stewart, Maddox and Tomczak.

18. JetLifeLo

Well its not Rex's fault Cromartie sucked this year after being top 5 last year. Milliner is a rook so his struggles were expected. Reed coulda been used differently i'll give u that..Cuz AA turning out to be our guy at FS Landry is a shell of his brother.. (we gonna blame rex for that too?) ..

Our defense would also be alot better if the offense wasnt 3&out'ing every drive.

And the only reason rex's "way" hasnt been winning seasons of late is bc our roster got worse and worse each year.. however our record was never as bad as our roster showed.

Just give the guy one more year with a respectable NFL offense and see where it takes us.. if we get pieces and he still cant take us anywhere then im right with you.. but with talent he's proven he can take us far

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Did you really believe those so-called "experts"? I didn't, and I don't know too many Jets fans that did. They won 6 games last year with Sanchez at QB, the whole Tebow Circus, and things falling apart. Tebow was gone, Sanchez wouldn't be playing, Wilk had another year of development, as did Coples, Kenrick Ellis, and Big Snacks, and Demario Davis, Allen and Bush had a year's experience, the Jets added Antwan Barnes to provide some help with the pass rush, added Ivory and Goodson who looked to add some spark to the backfield, had a rookie QB with a live arm and the ability to get some yards running the ball, and no one could have foreseen all the injuries or that Cro would go from great last year to bad this year. I didn't think there was any way they could be as bad as last year and figured they'd win 7-8 games this year unless Smith just fell apart and couldn't play. I knew he wasn't ready, but knew the Jets had little choice once Garrard retired and Sanchez was injured. So I don't see that Rex has done anything so magnificent this year. The so-called "experts" have proven time and again that they're clueless, or at least don't have any more knowledge or insights than a lot of us fans.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Another way of looking at your first sentence is that he has only had two winning seasons in 5 years, and one of those was a gimme. In reality, it should be only 1 winning season in 5 years. Is that really acceptable to you? If Rex wasn't such a fun, fiery type, that is so lovable, would it be acceptable? If it was Lovie Smith, or Herm, or Gruden, or (name your coach), would it be acceptable?